Forum poll: which do you tend to lean toward?

I tend to lean

• Left

• Left moderate

• Right moderate

• Right

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
chart.png
I have always considered myself to be on the Right of the spectrum. Not hard right, but moderately so. For instance, in the previous US election, my preferred candidates were Jeb Bush and Lindsey Graham on the Republican side. I would have been okay with O'malley on the Democrats side too. Not being American, that was of course merely an intellectual exercise.
I saw this Political Compass site and thought I'd see how far Right I am according to it.

To my shocked amazement, I came out slightly Left! Not just left, but slightly leaning Libertarian! I don't know if I just lack self-knowledge or if the test is a little too flawed.
I espouse banning voluntary Abortion, inappropriate contentography, and Marijuana in entirety; and support free markets; to give you an idea, so I was sure I would fall moderately Right and slightly authoritarian.

Perhaps it is time to dust off that old-label of neutrality, the Centrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,860.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm always reminded of that quote from Treebeard, that "I am not altogether on anyone's side, because nobody is altogether on my side."

That said, I'd tend to say left, because as I understand it, left-wing politics is in favour of trying to change the status quo for the better, where right-wing politics is in favour of maintaining the status quo. I think we can and should strive for positive change.

All of that said, the political compass put me here:
chart.png

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
You left out the most important choice "What's right for the country" cause neither party is currently for that...

What's right for this country is abolishing the 2-party system and rooting out the rampant corruption on both sides of the establishment.

And no, our current president is not really anti-establishment nor rooting out corruption, despite the claims of he and his supporters.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You left out the most important choice "What's right for the country" cause neither party is currently for that...

Yup and on purpose too! That is why I said not party affiliation.

It is a very generic poll.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not exactly. The money changers were bankers.
We can debate whether bankers or capitalists, I see that point. But they weren’t liberals for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.