Montreal, Quebec
✟9,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm completely against the name change. I wouldn't be surprised if it killed off the Christian part of the site completely. That was totally unneccesary. I agree with Axver. Bring back our name! I'm debating starting a poll/petition...

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟86,484.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
How does one maintain Christian principles among non Christians?

How does one maintain Christian principles without Christian leadership and principles ?

2Cr 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Upvote 0

Chocolatesa

has commenced Theosis
Apr 14, 2007
Montreal, Quebec
✟9,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You're absolutely right - the one up there right now is a temporary one I rehashed from an Easter 2006 competition.

I'll start a new thread straight away about that, and quickly go to bed!

Link us when it's started please?

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Quite honestly, I'm not entirely sure what to think about the new changes. However, regardless, thank you for your hard work and devotion to the site, Erwin!

Agree-- But I must admit that it does bother me a bit that "Christian" is no longer there in the link.

Reactions: MomWhoThinks
Upvote 0

Jere209

Legend
Jul 24, 2007
Being propped up by His hands
✟40,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As a Site Supporter of a Christian website, I have to say I am extremely disappointed that the name of Christ has been removed. Scripture says "whoever is ashamed of Me, I shall be ashamed of them to my Father".. (paraphrasing mine) This is how I feel right now. Unless I can see something from Erwin to put the name of Christ back, and have this site centered around HIM, I will continue to feel this way. While the new vision may be great, and I was for it, I did not think it would entail putting the name of my Lord and Savior in small letters.
Why Erwin?
:(
Sign me
Disappointed and heartbroken..

Upvote 0

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I thank Erwin for his work but I dislike this. A lil story, my wife searched years ago for christian fourms, lookin for a christian place, she found that in CF, she has already told me she'd never have clicked on sumthin called "foru.ms".

I'm sorry you spent your money for this domain actually, I didn't wanna believe in 'hostile take overs' but I'm startin to wonder, I support many of the changes an not some others, this is one I cain't support, I was a member of a christian online community where I could fellowship... I cain't see bein a member of some "social-networkin" thin mysef..... I know folks complained bout the name of CF for a long time though.......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

CFFosterAngel51

I'm saddened that Christian has been removed totally from the forefront. I don't care so much about the name change, but I'd like to have seen at least a mention to the effect of Christian principles or something.

Bottom line though, is name change or not, hopefully this is the same forum, filled with the same Christian and kind people that I've been meeting.

While I don't agree with most of the changes made here, do the changes mean we aren't a group of Christians who are seeking support and having fun?

I pray this will stay a good, safe Christian community, but that will only happen if you and I continue to act like Christians in our interactions here. If it doesn't stay safe, then we'll need to decide where God wants us to be.

With that said, Erwin, I appreciate your hard work, and I hope you will somehow keep it known that this is a forum run on Christian principles.

In Him,
Kristen

Kristen

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I guess that takes the Christianity objections away nicely!

Sad really!

So now we are reduced to a Social Network, sort of like a Coffee Bar!

Not what I was hoping, but if that is where you feel led Erwin, I guess there will be less conflict now!

Good luck!

Pete

Upvote 0

uberd00b

The Emperor has no clothes.
Oct 14, 2006
Newcastle, UK
✟22,308.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
I'm completely against the name change. I wouldn't be surprised if it killed off the Christian part of the site completely. That was totally unneccesary. I agree with Axver. Bring back our name! I'm debating starting a poll/petition...
Agree. I'm not sure the name change was necessary or productive. Not sure I like it to be honest. Oh boy people are gonna hit the roof *puts on a crash helmet*.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am shocked. I am disappointed. I don't understand how this resulted from the various polls and wikis. I do not understand the vision. I understood old CF. I understood new CF. I do not understand this.

I will reserve my final judgement and see how it goes. I am a positive, optimistic type person, but I feel very let down by this.

Lisa

Reactions: Axver
Upvote 0

Veiled Viper

Legend
Sep 24, 2004
Texas
✟15,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I thank Erwin for his work but I dislike this. A lil story, my wife searched years ago for christian fourms, lookin for a christian place, she found that in CF, she has already told me she'd never have clicked on sumthin called "foru.ms".

I'm sorry you spent your money for this domain actually, I didn't wanna believe in 'hostile take overs' but I'm startin to wonder, I support many of the changes an not some others, this is one I cain't support, I was a member of a christian online community where I could fellowship... I cain't see bein a member of some "social-networkin" thin mysef..... I know folks complained bout the name of CF for a long time though.......
Looks like we'll have to nix that CF off your laptop and many other armor items.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.