✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why should anyone celebrate a feast they don't believe in? The scriptures says:
-My people are being killed, because of the lack of knowledge-.
Sometimes we are just going along with the fashion or celebrations, which we don't even know the meaning of. At times we are being deceived, because we don't know better. What is this halloween all about? It has been introduced in the US by the catholics, I've learned. But I don't really know what's is all about. So if you know please explain me. Thanks in advance for your time of explanation.
I've learned you say ,from what source ?
The RCC does NOT celebrate hallow'een ,it célébrâtes All Saints eve . In Scotland which was a very Calvinistic society they changed it to the demonic, money, making celebration .
The most RC countries ,Italy , France ,etc.do not celebrate ,but America and Britain do .
It's now just another money making scam .
The mother -in law of Prince William makes money by doing so,lots of it .

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christians celebrate All Saints Day (in particular martyrs). It began in the fourth century (some sources say it was done as early as the third century) and was held the first Sunday after Pentecost. In the Eastern Churches it is still held the first Sunday after Pentecost. However, in the year 835, Pope Gregory IV had it celebrated on November 1st. Interestingly, in medieval times in Ireland, they still celebrated All Saints Day in the spring instead of in November due to the fact that they didn't want it associated with Samhain and what the non-Christians were doing.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:):)
QUOTE="seashale76, post: 71928510, member: 95814"]Christians celebrate All Saints Day (in particular martyrs). It began in the fourth century (some sources say it was done as early as the third century) and was held the first Sunday after Pentecost. In the Eastern Churches it is still held the first Sunday after Pentecost. However, in the year 835, Pope Gregory IV had it celebrated on November 1st. Interestingly, in medieval times in Ireland, they still celebrated All Saints Day in the spring instead of in November due to the fact that they didn't want it associated with Samhain and what the non-Christians were doing.[/QUOTE]
Thankyou ,how the internet destroys prejudice, by giving knowledge of history etc.
Where in the bible does it say that ? (for solo scriptura fans ) :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isn’t it strange how Halloween is allowed to be celebrated in certain schools, and yet, those same schools will not allow for the celebration of Christ’s birth, or a displaying of the Bible, his commands, or public prayer?

There is an agenda going on, my friends.
Darkness is trying to take over.

However, be not dismayed.
Christ will return and set things in order.

So stand strong in the power of HIS might and shine the light of the Lord unto a dark and dying world until our Lord’s beautiful return. Abhor that which is evil, cling to that which is good; But make sure to love, do good, and to pray for your enemies.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ignore that it's a pagan holiday, and just be an ambassador of Christ, showing the world that the whole Earth and everything in it belongs to God.
But if the people doing it do not even believe in the gods represented, how can it be a pagan celebration, for them . . . including atheists, for one example? I suppose an atheist or two might find it amusing that people are saying they and their kids are celebrating some god.

And others just want to dress up like some character, to show off their costume and be praised while getting candy. This is not knowingly honoring wrong beings.

But, of course, I don't think it is good to dress like a witch because someone thinks a witch is cool. I would not want to imitate what is evil. So, not all do it the same way. Plus, anyway, I suppose a real witch might not dress like we see kids doing on Halloween.

For me, Halloween was a chance to go out and get free candy and make trouble, to find kids to attack. It was what I made it; I could care less about any gods or whatever. For others, I suppose, it's just another excuse to have a party. I don't think how other people have done it dictates what it is for me.

There are people who go to the same church, and one is there with Satanic activity in one's heart, while the other is glorifying God and an example for others. The Satanic person does not dictate what the church time is about. But, of course, Halloween that I have seen has no indication of being about Jesus.

But if there is a bunch of people out on the street, I might go out in my regular clothes to see if I know anyone, and say hi. But the costumes and stuff, for me, are stupid. People are who they really are, underneath. I suspect people try to be someone else for a while, because deep inside themselves they are not in God's love all the time; so at times they like to have a momentary change from experiencing how they are without love. Candy can make them feel nice, for a moment, and it gets their attention away from their boredom and loneliness.

So, I need to go out to love who they really are, and have hope for them to come to Jesus and become God's children and conformed to the image of Jesus. Put on Jesus, in us, not only a costume on us :)

my parents were atheists and my family was highly dysfunctional with abuse and stuff so clearly my family was not on the right path to begin with. Halloween is one of those things that is on the broad path to destruction in my opinion. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean we should be doing it.
This is good, that we need to not only be fitting in with other people. But if Halloween used to be about gods, this does not mean it is this way for people, now . . . including who are only out for the candy or a free ticket to do vandalism because parents won't be questioning that you are out, at night. But how we are was before and during and after the Halloween.

But it's how people are, that is the real issue. They could go to church, instead, but still be how they really are.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Am80
Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When I was a kid, I always dressed up as the devil, with a tail and horns. The neighbors next door were decidedly more outwardly Christian and evangelical, and they allowed their kids to dress up, only not as demons and witches. For my family, Halloween was a cultural tradition, and we didn't think of it in any way as a religious holiday. I think the neighbors really didn't think of it as a religious holiday either, they were simply reacting to the fact that we were dressed up like scary figures from their religious perspective. In the United States, there are so many religious communities that are so far departed from the Catholic Church, that they have a hard time realizing that All Hallows Eve is part of the liturical year, and it is supposed to be to remember the departed family and faithful. The way Halloween is celebrated today probably isn't really like the original Catholic holiday, so that's why people seem to argue about it. I talk to people all the time that do or say things that I could deem "Satanic," but it's normal that ordinary people do and say things that need to be guided to a more positive, life affirming perspective that fits within the faith of the Christian Church. So, this pastor to me seems like he has been at the extreme ends of good vs. evil, and I don't think he represents the middle ground of seeing people as dynamic and moving them towards something better. There is nothing inherently wrong with Halloween.

Last edited:
Reactions: Am80
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm afraid I marked my home for demons to come into it bc the video says that pumpkins have to do with santoria.

ever since I put pumpkins and scarecrows out front, I've been getting bad mental despair and confusion.

I really think that there is something wrong with putting pumpkins out to celebrate the harvest as its a pagan celebration.

I just now came to this conclusion after listening to the video in another thread about Halloween and satanism.

we should be celebrating the harvesting of souls for Christ.

I'm really scared about what I did with the scarecrows, bats and ghosts and pumpkins all marking my home and the breakdowns I've been having ever since!

this is unbelievable. I've never put the two together before.

I can throw this stuff away, right?

Then what should I do to get rid of the demons?

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm afraid I marked my home for demons to come into it bc the video says that pumpkins have to do with santoria.

ever since I put pumpkins and scarecrows out front, I've been getting bad mental despair and confusion.

I really think that there is something wrong with putting pumpkins out to celebrate the harvest as its a pagan celebration.

I just now came to this conclusion after listening to the video in another thread about Halloween and satanism.

we should be celebrating the harvesting of souls for Christ.

I'm really scared about what I did with the scarecrows, bats and ghosts and pumpkins all marking my home and the breakdowns I've been having ever since!

this is unbelievable. I've never put the two together before.

I can throw this stuff away, right?

Then what should I do to get rid of the demons?
Don't worry, because God's got this. He has given us authority over all the power of the enemy, through Jesus. You only need to renounce their legal rights to your home in the name of Jesus Christ, and then declare your home fully dedicated to God, and they will have no choice but to leave. I'll send you a PM. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think @Emli made a fantastic point about being a stumbling block.

Even the fact of dressing up or participating, as harmless as it looks, or as strong as we feel in our faith,it sends a message that's its okay to practice, when we know its not of God.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think @Emli made a fantastic point about being a stumbling block.

Even the fact of dressing up or participating, as harmless as it looks, or as strong as we feel in our faith,it sends a message that's its okay to practice, when we know its not of God.
So what you are saying is that if a kid dresses up like Batman on or around Oct 31, that he and his parents are really saying that they are endorsing acts of sorcery?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So what you are saying is that if a kid dresses up like Batman on or around Oct 31, that he and his parents are really saying that they are endorsing acts of sorcery?

Without being aware of it, yes.

Upvote 0