Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do think Halloween is unwholesome. I think people are just not thinking it through, perfectly good parents who just want kids to have a nice time. But nice times can be had in so many better ways . It is a personal choice if course.
I also think rock music has a lot of demonic content, good though it sounds. Things that sound and feel good are often very deceptive. We need to think deeply as Christians, and yes, be very choosy, discerning. Do not follow the crowds, follow Jesus through His Word.

Upvote 0

War_Eagle

Nov 11, 2017
Lake Worth
✟9,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Honestly, don't care.

When I was a new Christian, books like "The Satan Seller" and whatever silliness Bob Larson was peddling at the moment were very popular. I fell for all of it.

Turns out, it was just a lot of sensationalism to play on the gullibility of new and poorly discipled Christians.

If you want to celebrate Halloween, celebrate Halloween. There is a right way and a wrong way to do everything and just because you choose to dress up as a hobo or a superhero or, as my grandson did, Gus Malzahn, on Reformation Day doesn't mean you're bowing to Satan.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
[Staff edit].

All Hallows eve is a Christian feast and has been for close on 2000 years. Forgive me if I do not accept the warnings of some anonymous 'former-satanist.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
[Staff edit].

It's worth learning about the Satanic Panic that began almost entirely on the basis of a single individual--Mike Warnke. In the 1970's Warnke's rise to fame was his claims of being a former satanist, he toured, he gave speeches, he wrote books, and he nearly single-handedly convinced not just Christians in America, but America as a whole, of there being clandestine satanist cabals stealing children and offering sacrifices to the devil. He had many copy-cats as well. During the Satanic Panic around 70 daycare workers were arrested, charged, and sentenced to prison--they were innocent, but some spent as much as 20 years in prison before being exonerated and set free because as it turned out there was no ritual satanic abuse going on. Mike Warnke was uncovered as a fraud, a conman, a huckster.

But the Warnke phenomenon hasn't entirely died. There are still copy cats out there seeking to get a little fame and prestige by claiming to be former satanists, witches, members of the "occult", whatever will sound edgy, dangerous, and make a buck on the book and touring circuit. These are conmen, they are hucksters. Letting their lies influence us is a bad thing. Rejecting their cons and refusing to be ruled by paranoia and fear is not pride.

No Christian should let a so-called "former satanist" dictate how we raise our children. The Holy Apostle St. Paul has written to St. Timothy, "for God did not give us a spirit of fear, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of sound mind." Let's exercise that sound mind and not give in to paranoid hysteria.

-CryptoLutheran

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's worth learning about the Satanic Panic that began almost entirely on the basis of a single individual--Mike Warnke. In the 1970's Warnke's rise to fame was his claims of being a former satanist, he toured, he gave speeches, he wrote books, and he nearly single-handedly convinced not just Christians in America, but America as a whole, of there being clandestine satanist cabals stealing children and offering sacrifices to the devil. He had many copy-cats as well. During the Satanic Panic around 70 daycare workers were arrested, charged, and sentenced to prison--they were innocent, but some spent as much as 20 years in prison before being exonerated and set free because as it turned out there was no ritual satanic abuse going on. Mike Warnke was uncovered as a fraud, a conman, a huckster.

But the Warnke phenomenon hasn't entirely died. There are still copy cats out there seeking to get a little fame and prestige by claiming to be former satanists, witches, members of the "occult", whatever will sound edgy, dangerous, and make a buck on the book and touring circuit. These are conmen, they are hucksters. Letting their lies influence us is a bad thing. Rejecting their cons and refusing to be ruled by paranoia and fear is not pride.

No Christian should let a so-called "former satanist" dictate how we raise our children. The Holy Apostle St. Paul has written to St. Timothy, "for God did not give us a spirit of fear, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of sound mind." Let's exercise that sound mind and not give in to paranoid hysteria.

-CryptoLutheran

So you're saying that sacrifices of children, Black Sabbath, witches, people calling up demonic spirits, and synagogues of Satan are all in the figment of our imagination?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So you're saying that sacrifices of children, Black Sabbath, witches, people calling up demonic spirits, and synagogues of Satan are all in the figment of our imagination?
Yes, especially the 'sacrifice of children.'

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, especially the 'sacrifice of children.'
So sacrificing of children to gods, witches, wizards,people calling up demonic spirits, demonic possession, magicians,and synagogues of Satan in the Bible, all are also a figment of our imagination?

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So sacrificing of children to gods, witches, wizards,people calling up demonic spirits, demonic possession, magicians,and synagogues of Satan in the Bible, all are also a figment of our imagination?
I waited for this. What the people of the OT and Greco-Roman world did and believed was happening was pre-scientific and rooted in the beliefs of the times. They however had the excuse of not knowing better. We do, theoretically, know better. So leaving this canard aside, please show me evidence of people sacrificing children today, show me wizards and witches practicing actual magic.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I waited for this. What the people of the OT and Greco-Roman world did and believed was happening was pre-scientific and rooted in the beliefs of the times. They however had the excuse of not knowing better. We do, theoretically, know better. So leaving this canard aside, please show me evidence of people sacrificing children today, show me wizards and witches practicing actual magic.

You can find both here:

Rise in child human sacrifice in Uganda by witch doctors | Daily Mail Online

"'Hundreds' of Ugandan children are being sacrificed every year by witch doctors who have convinced the country's superstitious elite that mutilating them will make them even richer."

If you are after western sources...

If you want evidence of western abuse, there are testimonies.

E.g.

&

60 Minutes exposes organised paedophilia among highest ranks of British elite

"The UK authorities have covered up this paedophile network for decades, because it exists at the dark heart of where real power is wielded in Britain’s anti-democratic, elitist systemin the Crown itself. This scandal threatens the entire British oligarchical power structure, and there are already indications that the Goddard inquiry into the scandal will simply continue the cover-up, as demonstrated by present Home Secretary Theresa May’s refusal to include the Kincora Boys Home in the inquiry, which would expose the overlap between the paedophile networks and MI6/MI5 and the Royals. A cover-up was also signalled by Goddard’s forecast that the inquiry would take 5-10 years to conclude—the typical British Establishment ploy to drag such things out until the uproars which caused them have died down and key witnesses have disappeared, died, or been terrorised into silence. "

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What are the statistics on human trafficking of children?
  • 600,000 to 800,000 women, children and men bought and sold across international borders every year and exploited for forced labor or commercial sex (U.S. Government)
  • When internal trafficking victims are added to the estimates, the number of victims annually is in the range of 2 to 4 million
  • 50% of those victims are estimated to be children
  • It is estimated that 76 percent of transactions for sex with underage girls start on the Internet
  • 2 million children are subjected to prostitution in the global commercial sex trade (UNICEF)
  • There are 20.9 Million victims of Trafficking World wide as of 2012
  • 1.5 Million victims in the United States

According to non-governmental U.S. sources;
  • Average victims age is 11 to 14
  • Approx 80% are women and children bought, sold and imprisoned in the underground sex service industry
  • Average life span of a victim is reported to be 7 years (found dead from attack, abuse, HIV and other STD's, malnutrition, overdose or suicide)

I really cant wait until Christ Jesus returns.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/journals/jpn/2011-1-49-1/{2691f018-60e3-41bc-abee-f816a455b071}/beyond-childhood-sexual-abuse-ritual-abuse-torture-and-human-trafficking

"Description of Ritual Abuse-Torture
RAT may be carried out by individuals, families, cults (non-Satanic or Satanic), and gangs as a way to instill submission, humiliation, and fear in victims.

According to survivors, the tactics of RAT can include confinement in locked cages, closets, single rooms, basements, or backyard sheds (with or without bathroom facilities). Drugs or alcohol may be used to enhance the power and control over the victims. Other tactics frequently used are beatings, submersion in cold water, starvation, sleep/sensory deprivation, perverse sexual acts, photographing the abuse (often for inappropriate contentography), marking or mutilation of body parts, and not providing basic life necessities. To keep victims silent, there are often threats of death for the victims and/or their siblings, other family members, peers, or pets or threats of even more severe physical abuse. As a result, victims will hide what is happening even if they are allowed to be out in public to go to school, church, or stores (McCollough-Zander & Larson, 2004; Sarson & MacDonald, 2004, 2009; Valente, 2000). The silencing strategies make it difficult to identify and help current victims and survivors.

Similar to ongoing CSA, in young victims of RAT, the prolonged fear and stress can lead to changes in neurobiology, such as in the amygdala, hippocampus, corpus callosum, and cerebral cortex (Rick & Douglas, 2007). Physical, emotional, and psychological development can be hindered, with the victims having a lack of trust in others, damaged self-concepts and self-esteem, distorted identities, and difficulty in peer and intimate relationships. They often exhibit patterns such as chronic headaches and pain, anxiety, aggression (outside of the abusive environment), depression, fear of authority figures, self-destructive behaviors, and somatization. Adolescent and even older victims may be violent toward others, cruel to animals, or act out impulsively as a result of uncontained rage. Evidence of suicide attempts, self-mutilation, substance abuse, sexual acting out, sleep disturbances, eating disorders, early pregnancies (or forced abortions), and attempts to run away or get married at an early age may be present (Cook, 2005; Davis & Petretic-Jackson, 2000; Valente, 2000). I personally believe these outward behaviors lead to misdiagnosis of victims/survivors, such as being diagnosed with conduct disorder or BPD instead of PTSD.

Human Trafficking
I also believe RAT is often associated with human trafficking"

• Useful
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
https://www.healio.com/psychiatry/journals/jpn/2011-1-49-1/{2691f018-60e3-41bc-abee-f816a455b071}/beyond-childhood-sexual-abuse-ritual-abuse-torture-and-human-trafficking

"Description of Ritual Abuse-Torture
RAT may be carried out by individuals, families, cults (non-Satanic or Satanic), and gangs as a way to instill submission, humiliation, and fear in victims.

According to survivors, the tactics of RAT can include confinement in locked cages, closets, single rooms, basements, or backyard sheds (with or without bathroom facilities). Drugs or alcohol may be used to enhance the power and control over the victims. Other tactics frequently used are beatings, submersion in cold water, starvation, sleep/sensory deprivation, perverse sexual acts, photographing the abuse (often for inappropriate contentography), marking or mutilation of body parts, and not providing basic life necessities. To keep victims silent, there are often threats of death for the victims and/or their siblings, other family members, peers, or pets or threats of even more severe physical abuse. As a result, victims will hide what is happening even if they are allowed to be out in public to go to school, church, or stores (McCollough-Zander & Larson, 2004; Sarson & MacDonald, 2004, 2009; Valente, 2000). The silencing strategies make it difficult to identify and help current victims and survivors.

Similar to ongoing CSA, in young victims of RAT, the prolonged fear and stress can lead to changes in neurobiology, such as in the amygdala, hippocampus, corpus callosum, and cerebral cortex (Rick & Douglas, 2007). Physical, emotional, and psychological development can be hindered, with the victims having a lack of trust in others, damaged self-concepts and self-esteem, distorted identities, and difficulty in peer and intimate relationships. They often exhibit patterns such as chronic headaches and pain, anxiety, aggression (outside of the abusive environment), depression, fear of authority figures, self-destructive behaviors, and somatization. Adolescent and even older victims may be violent toward others, cruel to animals, or act out impulsively as a result of uncontained rage. Evidence of suicide attempts, self-mutilation, substance abuse, sexual acting out, sleep disturbances, eating disorders, early pregnancies (or forced abortions), and attempts to run away or get married at an early age may be present (Cook, 2005; Davis & Petretic-Jackson, 2000; Valente, 2000). I personally believe these outward behaviors lead to misdiagnosis of victims/survivors, such as being diagnosed with conduct disorder or BPD instead of PTSD.

Human Trafficking
I also believe RAT is often associated with human trafficking"

God bless you for the posts, I already know those accounts are just skimming the surface on the countless accounts from all walks of life about it. It is a tragic thing, and more tragic that we have turned a blind eye to it. Claiming to be wise, we've become fools.

• Friendly
Reactions: I'm_Sorry
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
  • Agree
Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
What are the statistics on human trafficking of children?
  • 600,000 to 800,000 women, children and men bought and sold across international borders every year and exploited for forced labor or commercial sex (U.S. Government)
  • When internal trafficking victims are added to the estimates, the number of victims annually is in the range of 2 to 4 million
  • 50% of those victims are estimated to be children
  • It is estimated that 76 percent of transactions for sex with underage girls start on the Internet
  • 2 million children are subjected to prostitution in the global commercial sex trade (UNICEF)
  • There are 20.9 Million victims of Trafficking World wide as of 2012
  • 1.5 Million victims in the United States

According to non-governmental U.S. sources;
  • Average victims age is 11 to 14
  • Approx 80% are women and children bought, sold and imprisoned in the underground sex service industry
  • Average life span of a victim is reported to be 7 years (found dead from attack, abuse, HIV and other STD's, malnutrition, overdose or suicide)

I really cant wait until Christ Jesus returns.
horrible yes but nothing to support the claim of human sacrifice much less the sacrifice of children

• Agree
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Site Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟131,197.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
because a tabloid with a long history of libel and of making up stories is an entirely believable source.

Issue
Rural districts near Kampala, Uganda's capital, have been badly affected by kidnappings of vulnerable people, children in particular, for sacrificial purposes.[5] Witchcraft is used to carry out these sacrifices by giving human life to Lucifer the devil, in exchange for wealth, protection and prosperity.[6] It is a modern phenomenon that is pretending to be part of the country's old custom, through the use of traditional medicine, which roughly 80% of people rely on.[7][8] Villages have been left gripped by fear and bewilderment from such activities. In exposed communities’, roadsides posters, workshops, and alert systems have been erected to warn children and their families of the danger posed by Witch Doctors abducting for the purpose of child sacrifice.[4]

Statistics

Statistics of child sacrifice can be hard to accurately gauge in Uganda.[11] The Uganda Human Rights Commission published a report in 2014 that warned of an underestimation of cases.[22] This was based on late claims and tampering of crime scenes.[22] Over 2007 and 2008 there was an 800% rise in the number of reported ritual sacrifice cases.[23] The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) reported that almost 3000 children disappear from their homes every year.[24] This is not close to the reported number. A UNICEF report stated 13 cases of child sacrifice were reported in 2014 and 2015 and six of the 2015 ones were related to elections.[17]

Child sacrifice in Uganda - Wikipedia

Uganda
In the early 21st century Uganda has experienced a revival of child sacrifice. In spite of government attempts to downplay the issue, an investigation by the BBC into human sacrifice in Uganda found that ritual killings of children are more common than Ugandan authorities admit.[33] There are many indicators that politicians and politically connected wealthy businessmen are involved in sacrificing children in practice of traditional religion, which has become a commercial enterprise.[34][35]

Child sacrifice - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Minoa

Jul 29, 2016
North America
✟17,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for me it was really just about getting to dress up (usually as an animal lol) and getting candy....and an excuse to even have that huge amount of candy in the house. I wasn't ever into the gross or scary stuff really. I don't rent scary movies though friends always wanted to. As an adult I still just see it as an excuse to dress in a costume without being called weird or childish as only other occasion are geeky cons which I have not joined in either for a few years. Dressing up cool costs money I barely wear.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Issue
Rural districts near Kampala, Uganda's capital, have been badly affected by kidnappings of vulnerable people, children in particular, for sacrificial purposes.[5] Witchcraft is used to carry out these sacrifices by giving human life to Lucifer the devil, in exchange for wealth, protection and prosperity.[6] It is a modern phenomenon that is pretending to be part of the country's old custom, through the use of traditional medicine, which roughly 80% of people rely on.[7][8] Villages have been left gripped by fear and bewilderment from such activities. In exposed communities’, roadsides posters, workshops, and alert systems have been erected to warn children and their families of the danger posed by Witch Doctors abducting for the purpose of child sacrifice.[4]

Statistics

Statistics of child sacrifice can be hard to accurately gauge in Uganda.[11] The Uganda Human Rights Commission published a report in 2014 that warned of an underestimation of cases.[22] This was based on late claims and tampering of crime scenes.[22] Over 2007 and 2008 there was an 800% rise in the number of reported ritual sacrifice cases.[23] The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) reported that almost 3000 children disappear from their homes every year.[24] This is not close to the reported number. A UNICEF report stated 13 cases of child sacrifice were reported in 2014 and 2015 and six of the 2015 ones were related to elections.[17]

Child sacrifice in Uganda - Wikipedia

Uganda
In the early 21st century Uganda has experienced a revival of child sacrifice. In spite of government attempts to downplay the issue, an investigation by the BBC into human sacrifice in Uganda found that ritual killings of children are more common than Ugandan authorities admit.[33] There are many indicators that politicians and politically connected wealthy businessmen are involved in sacrificing children in practice of traditional religion, which has become a commercial enterprise.[34][35]

Child sacrifice - Wikipedia

Have you noticed WHERE these kinds of things are occurring? Because something vile occurs somewhere in the world does not make it endemic to the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You know, if someone tells me that Bob from Idaho in America committed a crime, and I said "Well, no, there's no evidence of this" and then that person then provides me stories about someone named Jacques in Toulouse, France who committed a crime--that isn't evidence that Bob did something wrong, it's evidence that Jacques did something wrong.

Superstitious people in parts of Africa doing horrible things today is not evidence of Satanic ritual abuse having occurred in the United States during the Satanic Panic of the 1970's and 80's.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Upvote 0