Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

We are moving this thread to a section where it is a better fit. Moved from Christian Advice to Christian Philosophy and Ethics

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.

MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The Scriptures teach that dead human spirits cannot contact or be with those human spirits who are alive (Luke 16:19-31) (Hebrews 9:27). Necromancy is an attempt to contact the dead. If you believe they are around you, then you could speak as if they were there thinking they could hear. Think about it.

As for the sacrifice the Israelites made: First, we are not under the Old Covenant anymore. Second, they did these sacrifices to God and not to other spirits. So apples and oranges.
all you are saying is a variation of "This is bad...except when I do it."

Also, I am sure if you were to witness the sacrifices the Israelites done and if you witnessed the practice of witches, you would see a big difference between the two. One is the work of demons and the other is the work of the Lord our God of the universe.
It is interesting that the one you call the work of demons is the one without bloodshed

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Even if these things were true in history or not; The point is that what does this holiday look like today and what does it show us? Is the holiday all about dressing up innocently and receiving candy? No. That is what everyone wants it to be, but that is not the case. The reality is what can we see.

If this was the point why do you go on about "the practice of witches,"?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If this was the point why do you go on about "the practice of witches,"?

There is a huge difference in warning about certain sins vs. (versus) displaying them on your person or in your own home as a part of some fun or entertainment.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
all you are saying is a variation of "This is bad...except when I do it."

It is interesting that the one you call the work of demons is the one without bloodshed

No. There is a difference between ancient Israelites sacrificing animals to God vs. those who sacrifice humans to gods that do not exist. Oh, and the sacrifice of humans by Satanists does involve bloodshed. Not sure why you would think such a thing does not happen.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
If you celebrate halloween, yet claim to love God you are a lost fool, and a slave to your flesh. There is no other way around it.
Halloween is a Christian Feast Day and has been for 2000 odd years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apostleoftruth

Oct 21, 2017
Lampung
✟17,050.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • HALLOWEEN comes from the Old English "All Hallows Eve" or night before All Saints Day. This is a Christian celebration of all the Saints who have died and gone to heaven. The first account showing a celebration of this feast comes from St Ephrem the Syrian (d. AD 373). The dates of this feast varied. In many areas Christians dress up as Saints and Angels and learn of their stories of Faith. This feast has become paganized and now many dress in other costumes without realizing the origins of this feast. This Halloween consider dressing in honor of a Saint or Angel from heaven who's life was a witness to the unending love of God for you
Now this is what i got from blog, however i believe everyone know that this feast has become paganized, well the decision will be yours to take , knowing that the feast itself has become corrupt. Thats why it is very hard to become real christian

• Agree
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

Apostleoftruth

Oct 21, 2017
Lampung
✟17,050.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also as stated above. In many areas Christians dress up as Saints and Angels and learn of their stories of Faith. Well you need to know that we as christian know that bible is the word of God. Well if you learn your bible you will know that we only need to celebrate when Jesus born and dead. So yeah the answer would be obvious. Big no from me

• Agree
Reactions: Waggles
Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thing I notice everyone is the slave of their flesh in one way or another even the most self righteous. If you sin just once you are celebrating the devil in a way. We are all equal that way. And we will still sin sometimes we are not sinless only Jesus was sinless and thank God He is the Lamb without blemish.
Only God can say who are his and who are not. We are not God we cannot see others hearts like He can. We must have grace on others. God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God gives thee, thou shalt not learn
to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that makes his son or his daughter to pass
through the fire, or that uses divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God does drive them out from before thee.
13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
Deuteronomy 18:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God gives thee, thou shalt not learn
to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that makes his son or his daughter to pass
through the fire, or that uses divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God does drive them out from before thee.
13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
Deuteronomy 18:

1: the OT laws do not apply to Gentiles.
2: Paul argues that if you do follow the OT laws then you are not a Christian.
3: This has NOTHING to do with the Christian feast of All Hallows Eve nor with trick or treating.

Upvote 0

Waggles

Acts 2:38
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
South Oz
Visit site
✟112,244.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
1: the OT laws do not apply to Gentiles.
I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
Psalm 40:8
33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts,
and write it in their hearts;
and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,
says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:
and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Hebrews 8:10
2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us,
written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone,
but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 3:

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to allow a former Satanist to dictate to me whether I'm cursing my family or not. I'm going to let my kids have a fun time, celebrating imagination. That's what childhood is for. Halloween is the fun precursor to All Saint's Day and All Souls' Day, very Christian Holy Days. Satan does NOT get to claim all the fun as his.

Isn't it interesting how the "X is evil" sorts of folks are so eager to give glory to the devil? One would think that those of us who call ourselves Christian would want to glorify God every day, and not give any quarter to the evil one. And yet, apparently we are supposed to forfeit this day, that day, and that other one too as though the devil owns them, apparently forgetting the Psalmist who has declared, "This is the day that the Lord has made, rejoice and be glad in it."

My God owns every day of the year, not just some.
Jesus Christ is Lord.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Isn't it interesting how the "X is evil" sorts of folks are so eager to give glory to the devil?
I grew up in the day where my elders were saying that Rock and Roll was of the Devil. It was confusing to me as a kid. Then I listened to the Rock song by Larry Norman:
Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music

Upvote 0