Minnesota
✟217,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Secret Service protections are not just afforded to current and former presidents but also other high ranking officials and immediate family members of protectees.
But Trump is the only protectee facing felony charges — 91 various felony charges across four different state and federal cases.

Déjà vu? “I want to tell you, Justice Kavanaugh and Justice Gorsuch, you have unleashed a whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” said Chuck Schumer. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

See these Democrat leaders for what they really are and what they are about.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Secret Service protections are not just afforded to current and former presidents but also other high ranking officials and immediate family members of protectees.
But Trump is the only protectee facing felony charges — 91 various felony charges across four different state and federal cases.

Déjà vu? “I want to tell you, Justice Kavanaugh and Justice Gorsuch, you have unleashed a whirlwind, and you will pay the price,” said Chuck Schumer. “You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.”

See these Democrat leaders for what they really are and what they are about.
If a protectee is convicted of felonies, then they might be wards of whatever state convicted them and therfore unable to be available to the secret service to protect?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,435,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Déjà vu?

There is no Deja vu.
For the first time in our nation's history, we have a former president under federal indictment with the possibility of facing imprisonment if he is convicted. It's a shame legislation may be necessary to cover such a scenario.....

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟337,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A link to this bill and the actions Congress is taking on it is here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/8081 The Congressional website does not seem to have the text of the bill yet. It looks like it's been referred to the House Judiciary committee.

Schumer isn't listed as a cosponsor -- the bill was introduced in the House, not the Senate -- and the bill doesn't seem to be about abortion or the Supreme Court, so Schumer's quote is irrelevant.

Congress probably does have to decide the question, one way or the other, as it's a new situation. Trump is a controversial figure, which might place him in extra danger in prison, so I lean towards keeping Secret Service protection for him if he is convicted and sentenced.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟245,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can you just imagine getting that assignment? To watch over a guy who's already in a secure facility, watch him shower and use the bathroom and sleep in his cell. I bet the new recruits will get that assignment for the next 15-20 years.

Upvote 0