Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
The gospel of Matthew has Jesus riding two animals at once, unlike the other gospels. It does this because the author misreads the Old Testament. As for Tyre, I don't think your argument is based on facts, and as such I am uninterested.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqUecrjW8I0
do you know the name of this city ? NO
and science knows the name of this city? NO
does anyone know the name of this city? NO

do you know what happened to this city ? NO
does science know what happened to this city ? NO
does anyone know what happened to this city? NO

looks kind of scrubbed clean to me.

only clues we have is some how the people of it are probably distantly related to say maybe Carthage ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Stone_Fort_(Tennessee)

do you know the name of this city ? NO
does science know the name of this city ? NO
does anyone know the name of this city?NO
do you know what happened to this city ? NO
does scientism know what happened to this city ? NO
does anyone know what happened to this city? NO

I could go on and on and on.. and on and in south america I could go on and on and on and on.

it is time humanity start finding the truth.
because scientism and atheism isn't going to do it for them .

because whatever it is they are doing it ain't science and it ain't the truth.

so someday they had better start explain eye witnessed history before they start their fairy tales at billions and billions of years ago. in the mean time mans complete and total ignorance has left room for some profoundly ignorant stuff..

Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I find that entirely incoherent.

Naturally! You see, I can build up a place and call it Macedonia if I wish, and build it in ancient Macedonia, but it will not be that Macedonia, and no true Macedonians will be in it, only modern Greeks and whoever else goes there. Modern Tyre are mostly Lebanese people, not Tyrians. Tyre (the Kingdom then) has been utterly extinguished...It will never return and there will never ever be a people truly Tyrian again. But I know you cannot grasp the logic as you have a veil over your eyes.

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pshun2404 said:
Naturally! You see, I can build up a place and call it Macedonia if I wish, and build it in ancient Macedonia, but it will not be that Macedonia, and no true Macedonians will be in it, only modern Greeks and whoever else goes there. Modern Tyre are mostly Lebanese people, not Tyrians. Tyre (the Kingdom then) has been utterly extinguished...It will never return and there will never ever be a people truly Tyrian again. But I know you cannot grasp the logic as you have a veil over your eyes.

The only veil I have over my eyes is skepticism, and your statements don't pass the smell test (just like they didn't in the debate). Tyre was beaten by Alexander the Great, long after it managed to survive the Babylonian siege (which is what Ezekiel thought would destroy it, and which he tried to explain away with an Egyptian prophecy that also didn't come true - this was presented in the debate and you never responded). However, when Tyre was beaten by Alexander the Great, he allowed the royalty and all in the religious buildings to live. Thus, fourteen years later, Tyre was being attacked again, and again continued to exist.

I showed you this in the debate and you never responded. I don't know what you think you will accomplish by ignoring when your points fail to reflect history. The prophecy you are trying to defend says that Tyre would forever just be a place for fishermen to lay their nets... yet we can absolutely see that it is a thriving city. I don't care who you think lives there now or how you want to define "Tyrian" - the prophecy is a geographical statement, not a demographic one. It says the geographic area would be made into just a place for fishermen to lay their nets. It isn't. No matter how you want to jump through illogical loop after loop after loop to bail out a two-thousand year old prophet who missed plenty of other prognostications, the fact is that a thriving exists on the geographic area you should show to be desolate.

As a parting note, I'd love to see you go to Tyre and tell the people there they aren't Tyrians. I'd pay money to see the look on their faces as the Christian tries to convince them of that so his three-thousand year old prophecy can be somewhat true. It would be like telling the French they're not French because they aren't purely descended from the people living in Gaul three thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Tyrus is simply the Latin name for Tyre. There was never a nation, empire, country, etc, called Tyrus. Nobody says the Bronze Age occurred millions of years ago, thus nobody says bronze artifacts are millions of years old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟830,130.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT...

Just a reminder: While I like to keep things fairly free and easy here, I want to remind everyone that the flaming rule states that we are to address the post and not the poster. If we can not heed this rule, I will close this thread.

Thanks

Mark
Staff Supervisor

Mark
Staff Supervisor

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
The image from the website provided is obviously a hoax. It features a hammer in a stone with spacing around the pristine hammer. This would not occur over millions of years as sediments would fill around any object embedded in rock. Furthermore, the website proposes that humans have been around for hundreds of millions of years, an obvious fallacy, which would mean we did basically nothing for millions and millions of years before going, "Oh, let's invent fire, farming, language, writing, etc, in a relative blink of an eye."

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

The Lady of Cofitachequi: Part One - National Architecture & Design | Examiner.com

hum so maybe linking current Kuphtor ( where both giants and midgets lived ) and quartz production with remnants of one or two of those buried city might be interesting..
The Lady of Cofitachequi: Part One - National Architecture & Design | Examiner.com

to think some people think that Tyrus was were we get the "myths" of Amazons.

a study into the history of Tyre will prove that they probably were a matriarchal society taken over by the Canaanites / and or Hercules who was probably a Canaanite by the way..

here are some an Amphora with hints of the story.

Amphora amazons - Google Search

and especially this one is a record of someones history.

Amphora amazons - Google Search

remember where it says
"They found little gold, but did find numerous wooden chests in a royal building that were filled to the brim with either pearls or quartz crystals. "

so to link Tyre with female clan and linages. with Caananites ( Kana , Kiniche (spelling varies) etc ) and then the female linage with quartz crystals.... well is at least interesting isn't it!

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sorry, but all of this is very unrelated to the debate. I am not interested in discussing whether or not the Greek god Hercules gave rise to Amazonians in the Middle East on the Phoenician isle of Tyre amongst a human race hundreds of millions of years old. I am not interested in clicking random links about unrelated topics.

I hope you will cease posting in this thread so that others may find pertinent information and ask pertinent questions. I have no intent to respond to you further unless I see coherent substance pertaining to the topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
N

NannaNae

<Staff Edit>
I am sorry that there is not now nor ever be a study or a site that will tell you exactly what to think at it concerns the earth real history . especially not one by some peer reviewed scientism type.
Because no scientist will ever ask the right questions nor and answer the right questions.

in the mean time those who seek the truth have to find it where we can.

how do I know what the truth is ?
well I am a direct female from the lady who had all that quartz crystals and pearls that DeSoto was stealing.. at the very least she is my indirect grandma multiple times.
so yes I know who I really am and so most natives. they may not have every detail but they know it when they see it..

and bering straits ain't it and won't ever be it .

in the mean time your religion is using dna from one million missing asian slaves no one is looking for to tell native people who they are supposed to be in order to prove their theories.

yes Sir I am sorry that I can not point you to a main line peer reviewed scientism study which reveals any truth at all about much of anything.

In the mean time people who really seek can find bits of truth hiding everyplace if are capable of some good filtering skills.

because really there is even more truth in
"alternative sites" especially those sites which try and deal with things scientism will never ever ever touch because they know it will eat them alive and that those sites are career enders if they do try and explain them. so they don't !I'm sorry they don't !

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
He is so wrong about Pharaohs and who they were and weren't . God didn't lie..
scientism is so ignorant and lying. maybe just so that they can accuse the Bible of being false I guess.. because the truth is so obvious..

I'm not sure what is meant by scientism. To me it kind reflects some kind of derogatory slur against science. Are you suggesting that scientists are out to discredit the bible? If so, would you mind providing some citations from the peer review scientific literature demonstrating this. Thank you. :)

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
so someday they had better start explain eye witnessed history before they start their fairy tales at billions and billions of years ago. in the mean time mans complete and total ignorance has left room for some profoundly ignorant stuff..

I gather someone has a problem with the numerous dating methods available to scientists these days. I have a fairly extensive academic background and understanding of many of them if anyone wishes to ask any questions concerning any specific method. Just ask. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.