Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am running a second blog right now and am trying to get feedback. All from this forum are also welcome to answer the question "How does Jesus fit into my life" as well.

jesusmyjewishmessiah: How does the Torah fit into my life?

Hi, Interesting perspective you have, however as a Jew that believes in Yeshua as my Messiah, I don't believe that 'jesus' is. I've tried to reconcile these two but it seems harder and harder, I don't believe they are one and the same as Yeshua said he came not to do away with the Torah and the Christian jesus is said to have done just that.

You blog states this:

I'm a Messianic Jew attempting to help in the restoration of the Christian movement and the Jewish movement.
What is the "Christian movement and the Jewish movement"? to you and what does it need to be restored to?

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Interesting perspective you have, however as a Jew that believes in Yeshua as my Messiah, I don't believe that 'jesus' is. I've tried to reconcile these two but it seems harder and harder, I don't believe they are one and the same as Yeshua said he came not to do away with the Torah and the Christian jesus is said to have done just that.

You blog states this:

What is the "Christian movement and the Jewish movement"? to you and what does it need to be restored to?

Okay you are approaching this from a Messianic perspective so I can appreciate where you're coming from. Not everyone reading my blog, however, is a Messianic. So you have to understand what I'm communicating with my mission statement.

Dr. Michael L. Brown has determined that Yeshua means Iesous in Greek and this transliterates into Jesus (I have heard a commonly represented view amongst the Messianics that Jesus was transliterated from Zeus, but I don't believe in that because I find no strong evidence to support this). The meaning of Yeshua's name, however, is lost when one states Jesus, so I prefer to utilize his given name.

Yeshua/Jesus is the same in any Bible you read. He did not come to do away with the Torah. The church is the one who did away with the Torah.

On your second question, the Christians have lost their Jewish identity, and the Jews don't recognize their Messiah. Both have established halakah that separates one from the other. My blog is structured to be centered around the Bible alone and reuniting appropriately both Jews and Gentiles by tearing down the dividing walls of enmity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0