For the men.... would this bother you?

WhereHeLeadsMe

Jul 31, 2006
✟15,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, well im 6'0" so im taller than most girls. Ive never dated anyone that was as tall or taller than me. Would it bother me? Yea I think it would, at least a little. Its weird to think about, although ive met girls that were taller, so its not that extraordinary. I suppose if I really liked the girl I could get over it. But then I wonder how much would it bother her? Most girls perfer to be with someone taller than themselves. Would it bother you?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it would bother me. If she's tall and has a good figure, that usually means she's got a good pair of legs, and a good pair of legs always turns me on.

The only issues would be:

1) Is she into me? Lots of girls don't like guys shorter than they are, especially tall girls.

2) If I got into dancing again, she would be harder to twirl.

Upvote 0
S

simmeringabsolute

Ya, it would bother me, but it could be overcome (easily) if the girl is otherwise fantastic... The preference doesn't automatically start at the same height either. At 6', I like girls 5' 8" and under...the seem more femnine and adorable...I also like the idea of being able to twirl my wife around and throw her up in the air, you know, if the opportunity arises :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riis

Oct 10, 2006
Brisbane - more or less
✟8,212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know I'm not a bloke but had to say something - one of my friends had a guy ask her out who was slightly shorter then her (she's very tall) and her very stunning reply..... 'don't you think your to short for me?' that cracked me up - they're married with a kid now - so apparently he wasn't to short :) Got to be honest though it would kind of bother me to have a shorter guy makes me feel massive which I really do not appreciate. Also I'm quite short really so I figure I've gotta marry a tall guy to give the kids half a chance;)

Upvote 0

Domenico

Sacrifice to the Gods of Speed
Jun 10, 2007
Dunedin, New Zealand
✟16,512.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
If I found a girl an inch taller than me I would ask her out in a heartbeat. The fact that Im 6'7" makes it highly unlikely that I will find a girl taller than me. I like tall women, because short women tend to have conversations with my navel.

Upvote 0

Reborn_in_Christ2003

May 10, 2004
Whiteman AFB
✟8,911.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm actually like 5'4'' (though I'm taller than my grandma, dad, and mom) so it wouldn't bother me much unless she was 6'. I've actually been interested in a couple girls who where a couple inches taller than me. I've also been interested in girls shorter than me.

Upvote 0

cslrwilliams

Jul 5, 2007
Au Sable Forks, NY
✟8,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Or do you just look up to them? :D

:D :D :D
Personally it wouldn't be an issue for me--maybe a bit awkward--but not a problem. I want someone who is interested in me & shows by her words & actions that she wants to be with me even if there is a bit of a height difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoshuaM

Veteran
Jul 15, 2006
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only thing that bothers me is if the girl complains that I am taller or shorter or whatever. But I think most girls will not be much taller than me. I am 6 feet. I said to me what matters is our love and how God is working between us, that is true. One thing important though is to accept differences as they are how God made each of us. For me, I know when we sit and have a meal together, no matter how tall she is, we will see eye to eye. The only physical attribute that makes me uncomfortable is when a woman has mega muscle mass and her muscles are each as big as my head. That bothers me. I am uncomfortable to have a relationship with those women. But no matter what, the right woman is the right woman that God puts me with.

Upvote 0

Reia

Feb 25, 2007
East Java
✟15,198.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If I found a girl an inch taller than me I would ask her out in a heartbeat. The fact that Im 6'7" makes it highly unlikely that I will find a girl taller than me. I like tall women, because short women tend to have conversations with my navel.

LOL

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hmm, well im 6'0" so im taller than most girls. Ive never dated anyone that was as tall or taller than me. Would it bother me? Yea I think it would, at least a little. Its weird to think about, although ive met girls that were taller, so its not that extraordinary. I suppose if I really liked the girl I could get over it. But then I wonder how much would it bother her? Most girls perfer to be with someone taller than themselves. Would it bother you?

I'm 5' 9" and close to 6' in my favorite pair of heels. I prefer men that are taller - I actually prefer guys that are 6' 2" or taller and have dated mostly guys that height range. However, I have dated a few guys shorter than me or the same height. It's not too big of a deal since it's a preference and not a requirement. But, I don't like when the guy makes an issue out of me being tall and liking to wear heels.

Upvote 0