✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh, sorry ....

Ummmm .... it's a class of plants, often grown as house plants. They hold a lot of water within them. They are kind of like cacti, but no thorns.

Jade plant and aloe Vera are probably a couple of the most well known ones.

Jade will propagate from a leaf that falls to the soil. I don't think aloe Vera will but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah here spring is not so much springing as seeeping in slowly. The temperature just hangs around 8 to 12°c day after day whether the sun shines or it missles as it is today. Saw that the black currents are just showing first leaves and the daffodils at the bottom of the garden are well up and should be well out by the weekend. Here are the best shows around at the moment:-
garden21-2c .JPG

our red hellebore
Helleborus Orientalis, Lenten Rose,

garden21-2g.JPG

Euonymus fortunei with some variegated ivy and yellow crocuses, bottom left.

garden21-2e.JPG

Vibernum tinus definitely one of my top 5 favorite shrubs.

garden21-2d.JPG

This variegated eleagnus is even more striking when the sun is out.

garden21-2i.JPG

I'm so surprised to see that this euphorbia is almost in flower.

garden21-2.JPG

Primula obconica - After they've finished flowering I must find a shady moist place to plant them and see if they can make it through our winters.

Good gardening
><>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ah here spring is not so much springing as seeeping in slowly. The temperature just hangs around 8 to 12°c day after day whether the sun shines or it missles as it is today. Saw that the black currents are just showing first leaves and the daffodils at the bottom of the garden are well up and should be well out by the weekend. Here's are the best shows around at the moment:-
View attachment 190451
our red hellebore
Helleborus Orientalis, Lenten Rose,

View attachment 190452
Euonymus fortunei with some variegated ivy and yellow crocuses, bottom left.

View attachment 190453
Vibernum tinus definitely one of my top 5 favorite shrubs.

View attachment 190454
This variegated eleagnus is even more striking when the sun is out.

View attachment 190455
I'm so surprised to see that this euphorbia is almost in flower.

View attachment 190456
Primula obconica - After they've finished flowering I must find a shady moist place to plant them and see if they can make it through our winters.

Good gardening
><>
Oh, my! Thank you for sharing! I LOVE your primulas, but you also have some VERY nice foliage! I've been thinking I need to pay a bit more attention to that here. Given our mild winters, could still have some nice things. It seems that most everything I've chosen so far loses its leaves in winter, even in our climate.

It's been piecemeal - other things often take precedence over the garden, and sometimes I am happily given cuttings or seeds. So while I love what I do have, in the few years I've been here, I haven't got that much done, is how I feel.

But I find your foliage very inspiring! Beautiful!

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, sorry ....

Ummmm .... it's a class of plants, often grown as house plants. They hold a lot of water within them. They are kind of like cacti, but no thorns.

Jade plant and aloe Vera are probably a couple of the most well known ones.

Jade will propagate from a leaf that falls to the soil. I don't think aloe Vera will but I'm not sure.

thanks so much

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well even though temperatures still don't get above12°c and lots of wet and wind are forecast for the next few days one has to say spring is here. The main daffodils are out and our apricot tree is just about to burst into bloom. Hoping that we will still get some fruit after all this expected wind and rain.
Oh yes, cut the grass the day before yesterday, first time this year.
><>
garden4-3b.JPG
garden4-3d.JPG
garden4-3a.JPG

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am loving the pictures! Hopefully I can take some soon, though I just have scattered blooms right now. The violets, and a rose here and there, the azalea is about done (one lone little azalea bush I put in three years ago and it's still TINY). The trees have buds, but mostly are fairly new so I'm not sure that any have nice flowers - some I know don't. But I am hoping for figs this year, and pomegranates. :)

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea! sunshine, warmth (21°c/70°f forecast for Thursday). Was in my shirtsleeves yesterday will soon be putting on a sun hat.
Must get on top of the weeding so I can concentrate on making a pond.
The kerria japonica at its orange best, one of my favorite shrubs. The amelanchia canadensis (snowy mephilus/serviceberry) really does look whiter than white in full sun.
garden28-3.JPG
garden28-3b.JPG
garden28-3c.JPG
garden28-3d.JPG
garden28-3e.JPG
garden28-3f.JPG

And God saw everything He had made and indeed it was very good. Amen!
><>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's blossom time. The pear and cherry trees in and outside our garden are glorious. The tulips are bright and beautiful. For the past two days have been planting and weeding. Have to weed an area before I can plant it, two birds with one trowel.
Anyone had experience with Liriope muscari? This is a new one to me. Have put it in the shade area.
Good gardening
><>

garden 31-3a.JPG

garden 31-3b.JPG

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Birds are singing , birds are nesting and the Hostas I put in last year have come through. I'm on top of the weeding and have started back on the pond project. Here's what's looking good at the moment -

garden10-4.JPG

The Alyssum saxatile is deep yellow but the bright sun makes it look almost white, Aubretia and Huecheria behind.

garden 10-4b.JPG

The association of dwarf Japanese Maple with Ajuga reptans is good for a shady damp area.

Garden10-4c.JPG

These white Iris are a short early variety. The bright sun makes them difficult to photo.

garden 10-4d.JPG

Am pleased with these dark maroon tulips, very striking. Maybe they will come again next year if I don't let them seed?

garden 10-4e.JPG

These anemones are so reliable and cheerful. Just by where we park the car.

For all things bright and beautiful we give Thee thanks Oh Lord!
Good gardening
><>

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still continuous cool and sunny. If it continues much longer we'll start talking about drought, unusual for April.
Bluebells now giving us their yearly pageant.

garden 17-4b.JPG

Lovely mix of colours - white dwarf iris - purple aubretia - pink red thrift (Armeria maritima) - coral red Heucheria - sulfur yellow alyssum saxatile at the back.
garden 17-4e.JPG

Wondrous are the works of His Hands!
><>

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2012
France
✟105,906.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leafy, leafy all is leafy. All is decked in green.
Still coolish and still no rain, about four weeks now, unusual for this time of year.:( Saturday it took 36 x 10litre cans to water every thing I thought needed help. Mainly stuff planted last autumn and since. Had to use tap water as all our roof water was used up a couple of weeks ago.

This euphorbia in a west facing bed, thrives on hot and dry.

garden 22-4.JPG

This bed is also west facing and the marigolds (Calendula) have been flowering for a couple of weeks now. But the first eschscholzia (California poppies) have just started. The tall mauve flowers are hesperis (dames violet, sweet rocket) are a favorite of mine. They were here when we came several years ago and every year they appear in different places around the garden. I have to do nothing except decide where and which ones to let grow.
garden 22-4a.JPG

Good gardening
><>

Upvote 0