• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Flood, big, small or not at all???

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by andybell, Oct 17, 2002.

1. ocean

ocean Banned (just kidding)

+3
    Agnostic
    And, how could Noah keep the animals from eating each other? He had to take both predators and prey on the ark.

2. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    lol yeah great point spiders eat other spiders. And lot of other insects and animals do the same.

3. Pete Harcoff

Pete Harcoff PeteAce - In memory of WinAce

+64
    Other Religion
    Indeed, but the answer is that God gathered them. And also that God cared for the animals on the Ark.

4. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    yeah people could say that, but i believe in the bible it says noah got the animals.

5. ocean

+3
    Agnostic
    Goddidit.

That always seems to be the explanation from the YEC's.

6. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Heh yeah thats so true, but that is what makes its very funny.

7. Stormy

Stormy Senior Contributor

+825
    Christian
    US-Others
    Wow! You atheist do not get the hang of this at all. :rolleyes:

All the problems you purpose are merely problems that would confound man with his limited capacity for knowledge. Now do you really think anything that you are purposing would amount to a problem for the one who created life???

Really? ;)

BTW Gravity as we know it is coming under question. Look up dark matter.

8. Force

Force GO NOLES!!!!!!! 16 58

+12
    Pentecostal
    Oh forgive me I forgot you guys are scientists?

Carbon dating has been proven to have flaws, so if a scientist uses faulty material to prove his theory it isnt really proven.

9. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    hmm how do you know someone created life, huh, were you there, just cause its in the bible doesn't mean its right.

10. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    FLAWS what flaws do you know no you don't, and they use other dating methodus.

11. OneLargeToe

OneLargeToe Mister Boisei to you!

+5
    Atheist
    No, the problem is that you have zero understanding of science and biology, and allow yourself to be spoon-fed nonsense that contradicts reality itself.

Beliefs to your extent are lies against reality and lies against any true God that may exist.  If there is a Christian God, I can say with confidence that he would be incredibly disappointed with you.  He gave you a brain with the capacity to reason and you're not using it.

12. Pete Harcoff

+64
    Other Religion
    I, for one, am not an atheist. So please don't generalize.

Of course, God could do whatever He wants. He could've made the whole universe last Friday. That's irrelevant when actually studying the natural evidence, however (since, science does not deal with the supernatural).

Gravity is coming under question? Does this mean I'll be able to levitate soon?

13. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    Well i am going to be a scientists in a few years, i am right now sudying to be a physicist

14. ocean

+3
    Agnostic
    Stormy,

I am not an atheist. I am non-religious. I believe in God.

Please use your head when examining the evidence and don't just throw up your hands and say God did it.

15. Pete Harcoff

+64
    Other Religion
    Carbon dating has proven limitations, not flaws. Some people love to jump all over examples of carbon dating, etc, giving incorrect dates. Fact is, these are typically examples of situations in which the dating methods should not be used.

An analogy would be like trying to use a bathroom scale to measure the weight of an elephant. Does this mean bathroom scales are a faulty method of measuring weight?

16. Stormy

+825
    Christian
    US-Others

Excuse me? I do not believe we have met. You must have me confused with someone else. :D

My IQ is extreme... and I have studied Science. If I elaborate anymore it will be hard to appear humble.

You are like many Scientist... You make assumptions and then believe your fallacies to be fact!

17. Pete Harcoff

+64
    Other Religion
    With all due respect, Stormy, I have yet to see you actually try to argue science here in the science forum. If you care to prove me wrong, then by all means go ahead.

18. Stormy

+825
    Christian
    US-Others
    But I have no argument with Science.

The facts are the facts.

The problem I have is when wrongful conclusions are drawn.

Evolution is true... but only if you allow Intelligent Design into the equation.

There is a mathematical rhythm to creation as there is to the music of our great composers.

Do you understand what I am speaking of?

19. Pete Harcoff

+64
    Other Religion
    Not really. Please, go into detail.

20. Stormy

+825
    Christian
    US-Others
    I do not have time to explain in detail. But I did a word search for Fibonacci numbers on the internet.

This site is easy to understand the beginning concepts.

evolution of truth

I want you to understand that my purpose on the Science forum is not to prove God to unbelievers. I am only concerned with those of God. I do not wish for them to be led astray by a false reality formed by man.