Flat Earthers Globebusters and Jeranism Busted in "Behind the Curve" Documentary

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Flat Earther group Globebusters is shown in the recent documentary "Behind the Curve" confirming rotation of Earth at 15 degrees per hour. Curiously, they allowed themselves to continue to be filmed while they discussed keeping the experiment's results "confidential" ...

Also Jeran is shown contemplating the implications of an experiment which demonstrates curvature in the Earth. (I should add that Jeran has said that he is expanding his channel into areas besides Flat Earth ... to the extent of not mentioning Flat Earth in his videos).

15 minutes

Last edited:

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
George-Costanza-Popcorn.gif

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Flat Earther group Globebusters is shown in the recent documentary "Behind the Curve" confirming rotation of Earth at 15 degrees per hour. Curiously, they allowed themselves to continue to be filmed while they discussed keeping the experiment's results "confidential" ...

Also Jeran is shown contemplating the implications of an experiment which demonstrates curvature in the Earth. (I should add that Jeran has said that he is expanding his channel into areas besides Flat Earth ... to the extent of not mentioning Flat Earth in his videos).

They'll just post a 3 hour video claiming to refute the documentary.

I realize that would be too much for trolls to handle.

The first point is inaccurate. They actually duplicated the result of the Michelson-Gale experiment, demonstrating the rotation of the ether. The second point is also inaccurate as the test with Jeran was inconclusive as the measurement supported neither the globe or flat earth hypothesis, and is currently under planning for a retest. If you want more info, I guess you'll just have to watch the 3-hours of detail I left in the other thread.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first point is inaccurate. They actually duplicated the result of the Michelson-Gale experiment, demonstrating the rotation of the ether. The second point is also inaccurate as the test with Jeran was inconclusive as the measurement supported neither the globe or flat earth hypothesis, and is currently under planning for a retest. If you want more info, I guess you'll just have to watch the 3-hours of detail I left in the other thread.
giphy.gif

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

The footage in the video is numerous months, to well over a year old. All that has been reviewed and discussed several times since then. It's only new to the people who don't know what's going on in that area. It's actually just an example of glober confirmation bias. But you all enjoy your little piece of propaganda.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first point is inaccurate. They actually duplicated the result of the Michelson-Gale experiment, demonstrating the rotation of the ether.
So you know more about Globebusters' experiment than they do ?

Globebusters is videorecorded saying that their experiment demonstrated a 15 degree rotation of the Earth per hour.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
So you know more about Globebusters' experiment than they do ?

Globebusters is videorecorded saying that their experiment demonstrated a 15 degree rotation of the Earth per hour.

As if you know anything about Globebusters yourself. I know more about it than you do. You should try actually going to the source. It's been a topic on their show numerous times.

Besides, what happened to the prevailing assumption around here that any FE information derived from YouTube was automatically false? Shouldn't I just do what the globers do when I post something? Call you lazy and stupid?

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Besides, what happened to the prevailing assumption around here that any FE information derived from YouTube was automatically false? Shouldn't I just do what the globers do when I post something? Call you lazy and stupid?
The source for this information is FE's themselves recorded in a documentary. You can call me lazy and stupid if you wish, though I have never done so to anyone else ...

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The source for this information is FE's themselves recorded in a documentary. You can call me lazy and stupid if you wish, though I have never done so to anyone else ...

This would be like a sportscaster telling you that some football team lost by a score of 0-3, but then you find out that was the 1st quarter score only, but they went on to win 28-3. The source is the actual source, not a snippet out of reference.

If you want a source, I can provide it, but there's already been one on here whining about the length of it.

And I didn't say I was calling you that. I was just curious if you feel it would be justified in this case as so many others around here have justified doing so towards myself and other FE people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This would be like a sportscaster telling you that some football team lost by a score of 0-3, but then you find out that was the 1st quarter score only, but they went on to win 28-3. The source is the actual source, not a snippet out of reference.
I've watched the documentary in its entirety, plus a number of the attempts to walk back what is clearly shown in the documentary.

In the Jeranism video you posted, Jeran said that the result shown in the video was one of a few that he considered to inconclusive ... and yet, went on to declare that he was pulling away from focusing so much on the Flat Earth movement.

Globebusters back-tracking video was saying that there are more experiments which are planned to contradict what they showed in the documentary. They even expressed that had found a way to change the output of the "$20,000" gyroscope they were using.

I'll be waiting for some evidence which is not so blatantly manipulated.

The rest of the video was just the typical FE declarations, minus any evidence to support them, as usual.

And I didn't say I was calling you that. I was just curious if you feel it would be justified in this case as so many others around here have justified doing so towards myself and other FE people.
As a christian, I don't think that it is ever justifiable to denigrate another person in that way. Certainly, there is no record of Jesus doing so. I have learned not to let such antics get up under my skin ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've watched the documentary in its entirety, plus a number of the attempts to walk back what is clearly shown in the documentary.

In the Jeranism video you posted, Jeran said that the result shown in the video was one of a few that he considered to inconclusive ... and yet, went on to declare that he was pulling away from focusing so much on the Flat Earth movement.

Globebusters back-tracking video was saying that there are more experiments which are planned to contradict what they showed in the documentary. They even expressed that had found a way to change to output of the "$20,000" gyroscope they were using.

The rest of the video was just the typical FE declarations, minus any evidence to support them, as usual.

As a christian, I don't think that it is ever justifiable to denigrate another person in that way.
Certainly, there is no record of Jesus doing so. I have learned not to let such antics get up under my skin ...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha
Reactions: chilehed
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

Globebusters back-tracking video was saying that there are more experiments which are planned to contradict what they showed in the documentary. They even expressed that had found a way to change to output of the "$20,000" gyroscope they were using.

As a christian, I don't think that it is ever justifiable to denigrate another person in that way.
Certainly, there is no record of Jesus doing so. I have learned not to let such antics get up under my skin ...

If that's what you got out of it, you're certainly free to retain your reliance on the propaganda.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
It's not automatically false - just usually.

Given the video posted, showing FE geeks who clearly believe they've demonstrated a globe, I see three possibilities:

1. The video was faked.
2. They did demonstrate a globe.
3. They didn't demonstrate a globe, but thought they did.

In both #2 & #3, they conspire to keep the results secret - i.e. they are the conspirators, and we can't trust what they say in public.

In #3, they also show they're not competent to judge their own experiment, so we would be right to be extra sceptical of their other claimed experimental evidence.

In the FE position, I'd go for #1 ;)

Upvote 0