Flat Earth, NASA, NWO, Moon Landings and More . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
That explains neither the different stars nor the different direction of rotation.

If your Globe is rotating on an axis, how can you have different direction of rotation from us?

Arius said: And this will tell me how fast the bowling ball and feather hanging on a string are falling?

Magical.

The 8 inch stuff is wrong, but yes, there is curvature in every direction.

So is the 8" stuff wrong, .. or none existent?

I agree that on a paper globe, curvature is in every direction, .. I was talking about the Flat Earth that we live on.

And the speed of light can be measured in a laboratory.

Of course, .. and let me guess what the speed of light is in a laboratory? Umm, I bet it is "C", .. did I at least get that right? Or is it small "c"?

Can you explain why, and how a "speed" of something can be the 'same relative to all observers'? Because you guys measure distances by the "speed of light", .. and claim the sun is 8 light-minutes away!? So what if you have another globe planet 8 light minutes behind earth-globe, then those people on the other globe would have to have the sun 8 light-minutes away from them also, no? If "it's the same for all observers", then that's how it would be. Matter of fact ALL distances should be 8-light minutes from each other. So how do you guys get these planet millions of light years away?

Thank you again brother @Radagast

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Because they are falling towards the earth. They are also moving sideways. This balance of velocities is called "being in an orbit."

You do realize that you just described exactly what's happening in a Zero-G plane, which you guys call "Being in an orbit", .. right!?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your Globe is rotating on an axis, how can you have different direction of rotation from us?

Because we're "upside down." On a globe.

Or are you simply denying what I see in the sky every night?

No, mathematical.

Of course, .. and let me guess what the speed of light is in a laboratory? Umm, I bet it is "C", .. did I at least get that right? Or is it small "c"?

It's the size of the room divided by the time that it take a laser pulse to cross it.

Can you explain why, and how a "speed" of something can be the 'same relative to all observers'?

I don't think this is something you would be able to understand, given your limited knowledge of physics.

You do realize that you just described exactly what's happening in a Zero-G plane, which you guys call "Being in an orbit", .. right!?

Huh? :scratch:

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There is no evidence for a flat earth. The supposed "evidence" is actually misunderstandings, irrelevant statements, conspiracy theories, refusal to think about real data, and lies.

I doubt any Flat Earther misunderstands the evidence for the flat earth since no one ever uses a globe for anything but for decoration and brain washing children.
As for the "no evidence", well that's what's missing in the; globe spinning on a stick. Everyone can see that the earth is flat, but to keep people convinced of the Globe takes a lot of effort, and trillions of dollars to maintain.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Funny! I see that "painting" in my telescope whenever I look at Jupiter through it on a clear night, with the Jovian moons in different positions each time. Could you please explain to me how NASA changes the painting they put in my telescope?

Sure thing, here is how they put pictures/paintings in your telescope; by telling you that the star you see in your telescope is a planet, and the ones near by it are moons orbiting that planet, held there by this magical power called gravity. And that the red ones are moving away from you, (even though they are there month after month, year after year going back for thousands of years) and them other whiter colors are coming towards you, and before you know it, you start seeing space ships flying around the moon, Nazi military bases, pyramids, and the spacetime fabric full of black holes.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Because we're "upside down." On a globe.

Or are you simply denying what I see in the sky every night?

You see what you've been taught.
Like for instance: do you believe God died on a Roman cross? You see, it's like that, billions of people can read one thing, and see something that's not even there.

No, mathematical.

It's the size of the room divided by the time that it take a laser pulse to cross it.

Very poor math, leaving parts of the math out of the observation, .. like in the bowling ball/feather drop experiment.
I can claim light's speed is a crawling 3m/p/h, and can give you all the math how fast it will travel in a room of all different sizes, and the math could be right, but what does that prove?
It proves my math correct.
1+1=2 .. you see, God exists and the Earth is Flat. Now prove me wrong by the math?

I don't think this is something you would be able to understand, given your limited knowledge of physics.

Oh yes, it's one of those "Swooossh, right over my head" thingies.

"Listen Arius, light has a speed, but is the same for all observers no matter how far they are from the source, and what direction they're traveling. Does that make sense to your evolving brain?"

Arius: "No, .. no it doesn't"

"I don't think this is something you would be able to understand, given your limited knowledge of physics. Resistance to accept your limited knowledge of physics is futile, so do yourself a favor and just accept it!"

Now who is having difficulty understanding basic physics? here it is again:

Radagast said:
Because they are falling towards the earth. They are also moving sideways. This balance of velocities is called "being in an orbit."
Arius said: You do realize that you just described exactly what's happening in a Zero-G plane, which you guys call "Being in an orbit", .. right!?

explained physics 101:
orbit
NASA Astronauts pretending to be in space, are actually falling towards the earth in NASA's Zero-G plane. They are also moving sideways, in the direction the plane is diving. This balance of velocities in the Zero-G plane is called "being in an orbit."

gravity
To make gravity real, we at NASA claim;
1. Gravity is the "force" that attracts a body to the center of the earth, or ANY other physical body having mass.
2. This means that anything with mass has a gravitational force.
3. Gravity pulls falling objects to the ground.
4. It applies to objects of all sizes, stating that the more mass an object had, the more it attracted other objects.

.. and completely ignore the above claims when evidence in an experiment shows otherwise.

Speed of light
We at NASA claim that the speed of light is 186,282 m/s^2, but because evidence shows that no matter where, or which direction the observers are heading from the light source, the light is the same, .. so we don't use the actual speed, but sum it all up in the letter C, because C is the same for all observers, .. C?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We at NASA claim that the speed of light is 186,282 m/s^2, but because evidence shows that no matter where, or which direction the observers are heading from the light source, the light is the same, .. so we don't use the actual speed, but sum it all up in the letter C, because C is the same for all observers, .. C?

DISTANCE and SPEED are different. When I drive to work, there are many others driving along with me, at approximately the same SPEED, ... but who will travel different DISTANCES, because we are all going different places.

I presume that you have driven long distance.

In driving, you have a DISTANCE to travel, a TIME in which to travel, and a SPEED at which you travel.

If I have 60 miles to travel, and I travel at an average speed of 60 miles/hour, I will arrive at my destination in one hour.

If I travel the same distance at a speed of 30 miles/hour, it will take me 2 hours to get where I'm going. If my DISTANCE becomes greater, and my SPEED remains the same, my travel TIME will be longer.

It is the same in the PHYSICS we are speaking of ... just because the SPEED (of light) is the same for all observers, ... doesn't mean that all DISTANCES are the SAME.

Just like the fact that everybody drives 60 miles/hour ... doesn't mean that they are all driving the SAME DISTANCE.

Light travels different DISTANCES ... at the same SPEED. Therefore, if an object is further away from an observer, ... it takes more TIME for light to travel the distance between them.

It takes light 8 minutes to travel from the Sun to the Earth. It takes light 5.5 hours to travel from the Sun to Pluto.

Therefore, the Sun is 8 light-minutes away from the Earth, ... and 5.5 light-hours from Pluto.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It takes light 8 minutes to travel from the Sun to the Earth. It takes light 5.5 hours to travel from the Sun to Pluto.

Therefore, the Sun is 8 light-minutes away from the Earth, ... and 5.5 light-hours from Pluto.

It takes a little over 0.1 seconds for light to travel around the world (in a fibre-optic cable).

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟655,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure thing, here is how they put pictures/paintings in your telescope; by telling you that the star you see in your telescope is a planet, and the ones near by it are moons orbiting that planet, held there by this magical power called gravity. And that the red ones are moving away from you, (even though they are there month after month, year after year going back for thousands of years) and them other whiter colors are coming towards you, and before you know it, you start seeing space ships flying around the moon, Nazi military bases, pyramids, and the spacetime fabric full of black holes.

Then could you explain to me how this "star" we call Jupiter looks so different from other stars? Why is it a disk instead of a point of light like other stars? And why does it change position in the sky, unlike other stars?
Also, if the objects around Jupiter aren't moons, then what are they? And why do even more powerful telescopes show Jupiter as not only a large disk with cloud bands and those "moons" as disks as well?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟655,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They are flat earthers in their space ships!

Flat earthers don't have space ships since they don't believe in space. There's only the earth and a dome over it. At least that's what they tell me.

Upvote 0

ActsOfTheApossibles

El Possible
Dec 30, 2018
Citified
Visit site
✟322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Like for instance: do you believe God died on a Roman cross?
Yes (God in Christ Jesus, as Jesus took upon Himself the form of a servant, the flesh of mankind to be able to die), don't you?

2Co_5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Joh_19:19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS.

Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Php_2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Heb_12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Mat_27:40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Mar_15:30 Save thyself, and come down from the cross.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
DISTANCE and SPEED are different. When I drive to work, there are many others driving along with me, at approximately the same SPEED, ... but who will travel different DISTANCES, because we are all going different places.

I presume that you have driven long distance.

In driving, you have a DISTANCE to travel, a TIME in which to travel, and a SPEED at which you travel.

If I have 60 miles to travel, and I travel at an average speed of 60 miles/hour, I will arrive at my destination in one hour.

If I travel the same distance at a speed of 30 miles/hour, it will take me 2 hours to get where I'm going. If my DISTANCE becomes greater, and my SPEED remains the same, my travel TIME will be longer.

It is the same in the PHYSICS we are speaking of ... just because the SPEED (of light) is the same for all observers, ... doesn't mean that all DISTANCES are the SAME.

Just like the fact that everybody drives 60 miles/hour ... doesn't mean that they are all driving the SAME DISTANCE.

What exactly are you saying here brother?
is it that; everyone driving 60 m/p/h doesn't mean everyone is driving 60 mi/p/h?
Or re you saying that; "not everyone driving 60 mi/h will get the 60 miles distance in an hour because of special circumstances like him traveling uphill or something"?
Or, .. that "driving 60 m/p/h takes less than an hour to go 60 miles"?
Or, .. the 60 miles that one person drive in one hour doing 60 mi/p/h, may be done in 30 minutes for another driver who may be driving on a train that's also traveling at 30 m/p/h , if taking gravity towards the center of the globe into consideration during a full moon!? What are you getting at?

Yes, traveling longer DISTANCE takes more TIME for petesakes. But you think that light has the same SPEED for all observers. A car traveling at 60 m/p/h heading on the same lane head on with another car traveling 60 m/p/h, for an 'observer' watching this accident to happen, the two cars are coming together at 120 m/p/h.
For each of the drivers of the car traveling at 60 m/p/h relative to the highway, are about to crash head on at 120 m/p/h, while relative to a hitchhiker on the Highway, they are both traveling at 60 mph.
Now relative to a car driving 70 m/p/h next to driver A whose traveling 60 m/p/h relative to the highway, driver A is going backwards at 10 mph, and he is coming on up to driver B that's about to hit driver A, at 130 m/p/h.

ALL speeds are different relative to all observers, except if you're a tree, and every motion around you is traveling exactly at 60 mph, then the TREE IS CONSTANT.

This same relative-to effects are on everything that 'travels'. If something is the same for all observers no matter what direction and what speeds they were traveling at, then this means it's 'stationary'. Same thing as trying to define the speed of a building, .. it's stationary, OR
CONSTANT!

My brother, for the love of God, please take a look how dumb the following definition of the speed of light is from livescience.com

- Einstein's theory of special relativity sets of the speed of light, 186,000 miles per second (300 million meters per second). ... The speed of light is constant, or so textbooks say. But some scientists are exploring the possibility that this cosmic speed limit changes, a consequence of the nature of the vacuum of space. - https://www.livescience.com/29111-speed-of-light-not-constant.html
How, .. How can somethings 'speed' be a constant? Look at the synonym for "Standing still"
Synonyms for standing still
  • fixed.
  • immobile.
  • immovable.
  • passive.
  • stagnant.
  • stationary.
  • constant.
As I said, light has NO SPEED, and it's like Einstein said; "Light is a constant" AKA standing still/stationary/immovable

Light travels different DISTANCES ... at the same SPEED. Therefore, if an object is further away from an observer, ... it takes more TIME for light to travel the distance between them.

What does that have to do with different observers traveling at different speeds, observing cars on the highway let's say all traveling at 60 mph?? Relative to each person, they all travel at different speeds.

Oh yeah, I think you're taken by the explosion lunacy, right? Where Einstein says: "at 12 noon Globe-time, Professor Hubble called me that he picked up a devastating solar flare from the sun. But the solar flare did not happen yet for the Plutinians. So Einstein sends a message by Morse code signals to the Plotinians "click, click, cleeek, click" the message:
"Hey Plotinian's, just so you know, nothing really happened with the sun at 12 noon our time, OK? Really I swear on gravity that nothing happened on the sun, .. honest!"

Hubble to Einstein: "Why didn't you let them know, it could cause them to loose all their data in their interplanetary advanced gravitational-wave computers!?"

Einstein: "Look Hubble, I invented this 'special relativistic' stuff, OK? For the Plutonian's the sun-flare never happened. So why should I make them worry? Let them have fun for the next 5.5 hours. I mean why make someone worry about something that never happened?"

Hubble: "Wow Einstein, you just invented 'time travel'! You're a genius!!"

NASA.gov Headlines: EINSTEN INVENTS TIME TRAVEL!

lol.

Amazing! So what does this mean in Einsteinian pseudoscience? Is it that; Paper globe earther's lives in the future relative to Plutonian's? If the speed of light is the same for all observers, then

So if two people travel from L.A. to N.Y. Bill takes the plane and flies (5h 15 min), and Joe walks (912 hrs), are you saying Bill's flying would have taken him into the future 906 hours and 45 minutes?

Here is Joe when he finally sees Bill: "Bill, how the heck did you travel into the future 906 hours? I wore out 6 pairs of walking shoes, spent over $500 on food, $480 on shoes, and your shoes still looks brand new!? And I feel 10 years older after this long walk, while you look so young!"

Bill: "I'm a cosmologist, and learned how Einstein's special relativistic effect work. I took the plane knowing what Einstein taught, that; 'the faster you go, time slows down. So by flying at 500 m/p/h, I saved 906 hours of time, while you walked at a slow pace of 3-5 m/p/h your time went much faster."

Thank God I did not have much public education, or I too would believe in this nonsense!!

Light has no speed, it's a CONSTANT standing still, instant, see above.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What exactly are you saying here brother?
is it that; everyone driving 60 m/p/h doesn't mean everyone is driving 60 mi/p/h?
Or re you saying that; "not everyone driving 60 mi/h will get the 60 miles distance in an hour because of special circumstances like him traveling uphill or something"?
Or, .. that "driving 60 m/p/h takes less than an hour to go 60 miles"?
Or, .. the 60 miles that one person drive in one hour doing 60 mi/p/h, may be done in 30 minutes for another driver who may be driving on a train that's also traveling at 30 m/p/h , if taking gravity towards the center of the globe into consideration during a full moon!? What are you getting at?

Yes, traveling longer DISTANCE takes more TIME for petesakes. But you think that light has the same SPEED for all observers. A car traveling at 60 m/p/h heading on the same lane head on with another car traveling 60 m/p/h, for an 'observer' watching this accident to happen, the two cars are coming together at 120 m/p/h.
For each of the drivers of the car traveling at 60 m/p/h relative to the highway, are about to crash head on at 120 m/p/h, while relative to a hitchhiker on the Highway, they are both traveling at 60 mph.
Now relative to a car driving 70 m/p/h next to driver A whose traveling 60 m/p/h relative to the highway, driver A is going backwards at 10 mph, and he is coming on up to driver B that's about to hit driver A, at 130 m/p/h.

ALL speeds are different relative to all observers, except if you're a tree, and every motion around you is traveling exactly at 60 mph, then the TREE IS CONSTANT.

This same relative-to effects are on everything that 'travels'. If something is the same for all observers no matter what direction and what speeds they were traveling at, then this means it's 'stationary'. Same thing as trying to define the speed of a building, .. it's stationary, OR
CONSTANT!

My brother, for the love of God, please take a look how dumb the following definition of the speed of light is from livescience.com

- Einstein's theory of special relativity sets of the speed of light, 186,000 miles per second (300 million meters per second). ... The speed of light is constant, or so textbooks say. But some scientists are exploring the possibility that this cosmic speed limit changes, a consequence of the nature of the vacuum of space. - https://www.livescience.com/29111-speed-of-light-not-constant.html
How, .. How can somethings 'speed' be a constant? Look at the synonym for "Standing still"
Synonyms for standing still
  • fixed.
  • immobile.
  • immovable.
  • passive.
  • stagnant.
  • stationary.
  • constant.
As I said, light has NO SPEED, and it's like Einstein said; "Light is a constant" AKA standing still/stationary/immovable

What does that have to do with different observers traveling at different speeds, observing cars on the highway let's say all traveling at 60 mph?? Relative to each person, they all travel at different speeds.

Oh yeah, I think you're taken by the explosion lunacy, right? Where Einstein says: "at 12 noon Globe-time, Professor Hubble called me that he picked up a devastating solar flare from the sun. But the solar flare did not happen yet for the Plutinians. So Einstein sends a message by Morse code signals to the Plotinians "click, click, cleeek, click" the message:
"Hey Plotinian's, just so you know, nothing really happened with the sun at 12 noon our time, OK? Really I swear on gravity that nothing happened on the sun, .. honest!"

Hubble to Einstein: "Why didn't you let them know, it could cause them to loose all their data in their interplanetary advanced gravitational-wave computers!?"

Einstein: "Look Hubble, I invented this 'special relativistic' stuff, OK? For the Plutonian's the sun-flare never happened. So why should I make them worry? Let them have fun for the next 5.5 hours. I mean why make someone worry about something that never happened?"

Hubble: "Wow Einstein, you just invented 'time travel'! You're a genius!!"

NASA.gov Headlines: EINSTEN INVENTS TIME TRAVEL!

lol.

Amazing! So what does this mean in Einsteinian pseudoscience? Is it that; Paper globe earther's lives in the future relative to Plutonian's? If the speed of light is the same for all observers, then

So if two people travel from L.A. to N.Y. Bill takes the plane and flies (5h 15 min), and Joe walks (912 hrs), are you saying Bill's flying would have taken him into the future 906 hours and 45 minutes?

Here is Joe when he finally sees Bill: "Bill, how the heck did you travel into the future 906 hours? I wore out 6 pairs of walking shoes, spent over $500 on food, $480 on shoes, and your shoes still looks brand new!? And I feel 10 years older after this long walk, while you look so young!"

Bill: "I'm a cosmologist, and learned how Einstein's special relativistic effect work. I took the plane knowing what Einstein taught, that; 'the faster you go, time slows down. So by flying at 500 m/p/h, I saved 906 hours of time, while you walked at a slow pace of 3-5 m/p/h your time went much faster."

Thank God I did not have much public education, or I too would believe in this nonsense!!

Light has no speed, it's a CONSTANT standing still, instant, see above.

I don't try to understand Einstein. All of the physics I've spoken of is based upon Newton. It's what we learned while we were in 7th - 8th grade in elementary school. And it works if you base your understanding upon a constant (i.e. the Earth).

P.S. Your resistance to understanding truth reminds me of the Pharisees' attitude to Jesus. And just like in the case of the Pharisees, your refusal to understand truth has no bearing on the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You're a JW, I take it. But that's off topic here.
No I'm not a JW, .. that would still be "Christian" right? My question has everything to do with the OP (Original Post) on "Conspiracy Theories". If you can believe that God can die leads to other erroneous beliefs like the Big-Bang Evolution stories, Globe earth, planets in outer space with magical gravity holding them all together.
Remember this OP is about Conspiracy Theories, so we can talk about ANY conspiracy.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No I'm not a JW, .. that would still be "Christian" right? My question has everything to do with the OP (Original Post) on "Conspiracy Theories". If you can believe that God can die leads to other erroneous beliefs like the Big-Bang Evolution stories, Globe earth, planets in outer space with magical gravity holding them all together.
Remember this OP is about Conspiracy Theories, so we can talk about ANY conspiracy.
Are you suggesting that the Divinity of Christ is a conspiracy?

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I don't try to understand Einstein. All of the physics I've spoken of is based upon Newton. It's what we learned while we were in 7th - 8th grade in elementary school. And it works if you base your understanding upon a constant (i.e. the Earth).

So to be able to understand this, I would need 5 years more Elementary School education than what I had., .. so can you explain to me how your spinning, wobbling, orbiting, swirling Globe earth can be considered as a "constant/standing still"?
Can you imagine how much SR (special relativistic effects) your Globe is experiencing with all those movements? Adding them all up, including the expansion of this Spacetime Fabric it's riding on, your globe is traveling through space near the speed of light. So how did Cosmologists and Evolutionist figure out the age of the so called BB-Universe, if time slows down, and stops for anything traveling at or near the speed of light?

P.S. Your resistance to understanding truth reminds me of the Pharisees' attitude to Jesus. And just like in the case of the Pharisees, your refusal to understand truth has no bearing on the truth.

Not just me, but the BB'ers also claim; "speed of light is a constant". Einstein said it, so it must be true, right? I always said light is there standing still. When it's on, there is light, and when the light goes out, like in the BB-Evolution stories, it's gone, and darkness sets in. The cold, expanding darkness you call space, it's already here, the expanding "nothing"!

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟655,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It should be pointed out that when you include these types of videos in your posts, you come across as not being very interested in learning.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So to be able to understand this, I would need 5 years more Elementary School education than what I had., .. so can you explain to me how your spinning, wobbling, orbiting, swirling Globe earth can be considered as a "constant/standing still"?

So ... I would suppose that your interest in the Earth being "constant/standing still" ... stems from Bible statements to this effect.

My view on this is that the Bible is not so much concerned with conveying information about our physical world. It is much more concerned with conveying information about our spiritual/moral natures and our communion with God.

The Bible uses a lot of metaphorical language and these verses which refer to a steadfast, immovable Earth have more to do, in my view, with the Creation being stable and impervious to the forces of change.

With that in mind, it is not a problem to see that everything moves ... relative to other things. The Earth itself moves ... the Bible itself says so.

The winds blow. Every living creature moves. And just like when we're riding in a car, we only notice the relative motions. We don't actually feel the motion of the car ... unless a change in motion is happening (i.e. acceleration, braking, turning, etc.).

It's only relative motion that matters to our living ...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.