Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why would I want an inept amateur to look at anything?

Because those who are professional and are most knowledgeable about something are the ones the FE people call liars.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Why would I want an inept amateur to look at anything?
You need a lot more than a laugh if you can't picture at least a zeppelin.

A zeppelin that can stay on station for 10 years plus without refueling and keep station to within a few metres - I'd like to see that

Try being condescending for a change. Everybody would love that.
Makes you look smarter when you put other people down.

Funny - you've been doing that this entire thread. But sure - chuck another insult in about how everyone but you is "an inept amateur" or needs to "get a clue". For a bonus - start another thread about how persecuted you are and complain to the mods. Oh wait -you already did that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Because those who are professional and are most knowledgeable about something are the ones the FE people call liars.

It's funny how the people who understand the least think they know the most. Why do degrees in engineering and peer-reviewed papers matter when some hick from Alabama who thinks Obama is a foreign national puts up a youtube video.

Reactions: Snappy1
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's funny how the people who understand the least think they know the most. Why do degrees in engineering and peer-reviewed papers matter when some hick from Alabama who thinks Obama is a foreign national puts up a youtube video.

From the explanations I've heard before, it's not about who they are or what their education level is, but rather if they're telling the truth or not. If they're telling you the earth is flat, they're supposedly telling the truth. :D
I remember one of the first videos I was shown about flat earth was from a guy who couldn't even bring himself to put down his marijuana joint while doing his video. I guess it was supposed to lend credibility to his statements.

• Haha
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh boy, even this site is flooded with FE stuff !

Anyone want to start a crowd funded mission to send FEers over the ice wall ?

It would cost less to buy them a telescope and a plane ticket over one of the poles so they can see for themselves what the nature of the earth and space are like.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, you can start with the fact that people don't trust the science anymore. To put it bluntly.. a peer reviewed paper reviewed by a bunch of people that all want the paper to say the same thing, whether it is correct or true.... is a peer review that is not worth the paper it is written on. Peer review simply means that it meets the consensus of the hive mind. Not that it is factual or even truthful.... it just puts forward the dogma everyone has agreed is to be presented as truth.

• Winner
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
Well, you can start with the fact that people don't trust the science anymore.

And yet you're contributing to this forum using a computer that was developed using science and peer review, via the internet that was developed using science and peer review, and possibly over satellite that was developed using science and peer review.

To put it bluntly.. a peer reviewed paper reviewed by a bunch of people that all want the paper to say the same thing, whether it is correct or true.... is a peer review that is not worth the paper it is written on. Peer review simply means that it meets the consensus of the hive mind. Not that it is factual or even truthful.... it just puts forward the dogma everyone has agreed is to be presented as truth.

Well, apart from the fact that peer review doesn't work that way - how do you work out what is truth when you don't trust anyone? And how does someone who has no credentials and who you don't know gain your trust when you've never met them to the point where you believe what they have to say about FE?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
And yet you're contributing to this forum using a computer that was developed using science and peer review, via the internet that was developed using science and peer review, and possibly over satellite that was developed using science and peer review.

Well, apart from the fact that peer review doesn't work that way - how do you work out what is truth when you don't trust anyone? And how does someone who has no credentials and who you don't know gain your trust when you've never met them to the point where you believe what they have to say about FE?
There is obviously science that we use everyday and that is apparent due to it's application.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There is obviously science that we use everyday and that is apparent due to it's application.

Like satellite technology....

By the way, could one of the flat-earthers please explain why the shadow created during a lunar eclipse always has a curved edge...?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Like satellite technology....

By the way, could one of the flat-earthers please explain why the shadow created during a lunar eclipse always has a curved edge...?
Sure, Soon as you explain how it's the shadow of the earth when it happens while the sun is up, here on earth... and.... why the shadow moves across the moon from the top down instead of the bottom up.... and...how a lunar eclipse shadow moves west to east and is smaller than the object casting the shadow.

If you take a ball, in the dark shine a light on it and put the shadow of a straight object on the round ball..... it will be a curved line due to the shape of the object the shadow is on, not the shape of the object casting the shadow... Please pick one.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Sure, Soon as you explain how it's the shadow of the earth when it happens while the sun is up, here on earth..

Ummmm.... because the sun is always up somewhere on earth...! However, during a lunar eclipse, the earth moves between the sun and the moon, creating the shadow on the moon which is visible to that side of the earth away from the sun, ie, the night time......oh boy...

and.... why the shadow moves across the moon from the top down instead of the bottom up.... and...how a lunar eclipse shadow moves west to east and is smaller than the object casting the shadow.

Another ummmmm....because of the relative speeds of the moon and the earth. And the shadow sizes..? Go look up umbra and penumbra...

Another....oh boy...

If you take a ball, in the dark shine a light on it and put the shadow of a straight object on the round ball..... it will be a curved line due to the shape of the object the shadow is on, not the shape of the object casting the shadow... Please pick one.

This is your worst....please explain why the concavity of that curve remains constant as it moves across the face of the moon. If the effect you describe was in play (a straight edged shadow moving across from West to East), we should see the concavity change from convex West, to a straight line and then to convex East as the shadow moves across the curved surface. Yet, that is not what we observe. Rather, we clearly see the curved shape of the earth moving consistently across the face of the moon, maintaining its concavity.

Game, set, match....

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You might like to actually try that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm.... because the sun is always up somewhere on earth...! However, during a lunar eclipse, the earth moves between the sun and the moon, creating the shadow on the moon which is visible to that side of the earth away from the sun, ie, the night time......oh boy...

LOL,

You are aware that the person observing the total eclipse, on occasion, can also observe the sun, fully risen, in the sky, at the same time... a total impossibility in the heilocentric model. Yet, It happens even today.

Another ummmmm....because of the relative speeds of the moon and the earth. And the shadow sizes..? Go look up umbra and penumbra...

Another....oh boy...

Ya, Already looked at that... all the diagrams have the sun way larger than the earth and the suns rays converging on the moon forming a triagular shape of illumination.

In the real world.. the sun and moon are the same size, in the sky. The moon totally blocks our the sun except for the corona.... the shadow, of any object, in this situation, will always be larger than the object casting said shadow..... But... you know... science... math....diagrams... sheeple.... on and on the ignorance goes... believe what your told not what you actually see.

This is your worst....please explain why the concavity of that curve remains constant as it moves across the face of the moon. If the effect you describe was in play (a straight edged shadow moving across from West to East), we should see the concavity change from convex West, to a straight line and then to convex East as the shadow moves across the curved surface. Yet, that is not what we observe. Rather, we clearly see the curved shape of the earth moving consistently across the face of the moon, maintaining its concavity.

Game, set, match....

So, the fact that it moves the wrong direction.... and the sun is visible while you see the fully eclipsed moon... and you still think that it is the earths shadow? Maybe, just maybe... it isn't the earth... Kinda hard cast a shadow on something when the light isn't behind you.... just say'n.

Upvote 0

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another....oh boy...

Game, set, match....
You might like to actually try that.

Haha, the Aussies are killing it today. Well done, Radagast and Allandavid.

• Friendly
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Haha, the Aussies are killing it today. Well done, Radagast and Allandavid.
I cannot get over how clever your responses are. You're so smart and have so much to add to this conversation...Where did you get all your information?

It is, however, hard to tell just what position that you take on this.

Upvote 0

MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot get over how clever your responses are. You're so smart and have so much to add to this conversation...Where did you get all your information?

It is, however, hard to tell just what position that you take on this.
My position is that the fact that the Earth is round is indisputable and that many of the flat-earth folks are trolling us and don't actually believe what they post. I don't know if you're in that group so don't take it personally. I could post the same facts that my fellow round Earth friends post but the flat Earthers will dismiss it as BS so I see no point.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My position is that the fact that the Earth is round is indisputable and that many of the flat-earth folks are trolling us and don't actually believe what they post. I don't know if you're in that group so don't take it personally. I could post the same facts that my fellow round Earth friends post but the flat Earthers will dismiss it as BS so I see no point.
Well, IMO, the people on here who contribute to the arguments of either side...have my respect..

Those that sit in the wings and toss rotten tomatoes at the side that they disagree with.... should just observe.

To me.... and it may be just me... it reminds me of the kid watching a school fight, cheering and jeering one of the fighters...taunting and jeering and throwing sand at the one they hope to lose........ and if asked to join in..... runs away.

Upvote 0