MoneyGuy

May 27, 2007
✟48,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How thick is the flat earth?
Good question. How thick are flat-earthers?

I can't believe this gains so much momentum and am a little embarrassed that my home town is hosting a flat-earth conference this summer. I may have to check it out.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Shek

Apr 30, 2018
East Coast
✟23,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are they on the BOTTOM OF THE FLAT EARTH?!?!?!

Go back to page 40 and read what I posted there, that should give you a much better perspective of my viewpoint of the FE's and why they've misunderstood scripture.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Still on with that "8 inches per mile squared" nonsense, I see.

So, How long is a yard stick? Answer: 3 feet
How many days in a year? Answer: 365 and 366 on leap year.
What is the value of Pi? Answer: 3.14159265359
At what temperature is water at its highest density? Answer: 3.98 degrees Celsius.

So, if you want, you can accept these standard truths... you will also have to accept that the earth curves as you look away from your point of viewing... at a rate of 8 inches for every mile squared.

It's a simple truth. You are one of the only ones that will not accept it and it is all over the internet, both FE and Globe earth sites....

And there are no observations that contradict the known science of the earth. Just more flat-earther lies.
I guess, other than the ones that I posted.... right?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you will also have to accept that the earth curves as you look away from your point of viewing... at a rate of 8 inches for every mile squared

Sigh. :sigh:

I tried to explain the trigonometry of it to you before. I guess you just don't get it.

Like I said, flat-earther lies. All like my Hawaii example, or even more blatant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajflyguy7
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, How long is a yard stick? Answer: 3 feet
How many days in a year? Answer: 365 and 366 on leap year.
What is the value of Pi? Answer: 3.14159265359
At what temperature is water at its highest density? Answer: 3.98 degrees Celsius.

So, if you want, you can accept these standard truths... you will also have to accept that the earth curves as you look away from your point of viewing... at a rate of 8 inches for every mile squared.

It's a simple truth. You are one of the only ones that will not accept it and it is all over the internet, both FE and Globe earth sites....

Wow! You must live in Ontario.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sigh. :sigh:

I tried to explain the trigonometry of it to you before. I guess you just don't get it.
Yes... sigh... indeed.

Let's bring you up to speed. Like from:

David Senesac Visual Line of Sight Calculations dependent on Earth's Curvature

Not a FE site..

The Earth has a radius of approximately 3965 miles. Using the Pythagorean theorem, that calculates to an average curvature of 7.98 inches per mile or approximately 8 inches per mile (squared). The distance to the horizon in miles from height of an observer is approximately equal to 1.23 times the square root of the height in feet. For example 1.23 times the square root of 8 divided by 12 equals 1 mile. Inversely given the horizon distance in miles, the height in feet required to be visible equals the distance in miles squared divided by 1.513. The second example above concerning the Moon rising over a distant range also requires some topographic map calculations using the tan trigonometric function. Thus if a peak rises up 1844 feet at a distance of 10.0 miles or 52,800 feet, it will form an angle of 2 degrees with a theoretical flat horizon. The tan is 1844/52800=0.0349 or 2 degrees. However due to the Earth's curvature, it would appear as though it was only 1778 feet tall with the lowest 66 feet below the horizon.

Like I said, flat-earther lies. All like my Hawaii example, or even more blatant.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single