Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:28-30
Ephesians 2:1-10

Why didn't you quote John?

1 John 2
3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Why didn't you quote John?

1 John 2
3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
I could have. That's a good one, too.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Okay, you and I were both children of wrath, dead in trespasses and sin, and lived to the lusts of the flesh. Were we goats or sheep?
I wasn't a child of wrath, though I was dead. And I was a sheep. I can't speak for you.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again my question is as devil's advocate, but I am curious why the Calvinist apologists won't answer my question.

Again the question is:

1. Are there people, human beings, on Earth who were not predestined before the beginning of the world?

2. If so, why?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I do, I just don't understand your question.
I don't know how you can say that you have always been a sheep? A sheep is a saved, follower of Christ.

So before you came to Christ, how were you a sheep? And if you have always been a sheep then you don't need Christ to save you.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't a child of wrath, though I was dead. And I was a sheep. I can't speak for you.

Really? Do you not believe this -

Ephesians 2:3
Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What verses do you have that show you can be dead in sin (not saved) and still be a sheep?
John 10. Plus all of the references to sheep where they are all His.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Really? Do you not believe this -

Ephesians 2:3
Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.
I was by nature a child of wrath. In other words, my nature was the same as a child of wrath.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You just said you weren't a child of wrath. It is a sheep's nature to be a child of wrath?
Yes, just like everyone else. That's why sheep need a Shepherd.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I don't think you are as much of a Calvinist as you let on. Keep obeying His commandments, Hammster. You know deep inside that keeping His commandments is required of us. Don't let anyone else tell you differently; don't let them deceive you with empty words, and do not be partakers with them.

Ephesians 5
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you are as much of a Calvinist as you let on. Keep obeying His commandments, Hammster. You know deep inside that keeping His commandments is required of us. Don't let anyone else tell you differently; don't let them deceive you with empty words, and do not be partakers with them.

Ephesians 5
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.
7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.
Why would I not want to obey His commandments? Why do you think being an obedient child is in opposition to Reformed Theology?

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why would I not want to obey His commandments? Why do you think being an obedient child is in opposition to Reformed Theology?

One thing Hammster - is doing good required for salvation? It is required to be a part of the resurrection of life? Is it required to be rendered eternal life by God?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
One thing Hammster - is doing good required for salvation? It is required to be a part of the resurrection of life? Is it required to be rendered eternal life by God?
Could you stop avoiding my questions?

Upvote 0