Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are multitudes today 'rejoicing' who don't make it, but they don't realize this until Jesus tells them
Matthew 7:21 English Standard Version (ESV)

'I Never Knew You'
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
I’m always waiting for the qualifier in your posts.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe in the seven churches as ages...

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

In which the teachings of John Calvin come out of the Sardisean age... And the Lord gives his input on the Salvation doctrines...

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. - Revelation 3

rocky, no doubt you are an intelligent person, but maybe you are lazy or have little time to post. I say this because I wouldn't doubt at least a thousand of your posts have your seven churches spill therein...it's neat an all and illustrates your broad personal acceptance of Christians, but isn't it time to come up with something else to copy and paste a thousand times?

So, according to Christ Jesus it is possible to have ones name blotted out of the book of life... Which scripture also proves Calvinism false.

Oh my you've proven that 1.) god is forgetful and 2.) he makes mistakes, all with part of one Scripture from Revelation...I'm impressed! Not really, disappointed is closer to the truth. Why? Because those God effectually calls, He effectually justifies, He effectually glorifies. Why would God effectually call, and effectually justify, without effectually glorifying?

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Maybe time to pull your head out of the book of Revelation and get into the more clear and simple teachings of Scripture? Just a thought from a poor undeserving sinner. God bless.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
There are multitudes today 'rejoicing' who don't make it, but they don't realize this until Jesus tells them
Matthew 7:21 English Standard Version (ESV)

'I Never Knew You'
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
What is the will of the Father?

Upvote 0