First person killed because of Quran burning threat!

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thousands protested in Afganistan in front of the German embassy because of that hatemonger in Florida threatening to burn the Holy Book of Islam!

One man got shot - "Minister" Jones - be happy! Your hatemongering has already produced the first death! (This is too fresh so I cannot goive you an online source)

OK; sourse here, only in German though:

http://de.reuters.com/article/topNews/idDEBEE6890BM20100910

Here the news in English from the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/world/asia/11afghan.html?_r=1&src=mv

For each new death JONES is responsible and should rott in jail!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
You seem to be more angry at a guy buring a holy book than at the mobs who murdered someone over a book burning. Are you now opposed to free speech rights? How do you stand on flag burning? cross burning?

Are you offended when a artist submerges a crucifix in a jar of urine or creates a sculpture of Mary from feces? Are these things inciteful and inflammatory? If Christian mobs killed an artist in retaliation, would you be justifying that behavior?

Misdirected anger. Those mobs need to grow thicker skins. Be angry, stage protests, but don't cross the line.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Thousands protested in Afganistan in front of the German embassy because of that hatemonger in Florida threatening to burn the Holy Book of Islam!

One man got shot - "Minister" Jones - be happy! Your hatemongering has already produced the first death! (This is too fresh so I cannot goive you an online source)

For each new death YOU are responsible and should rott in jail!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It is a shame that someone lost their life, but as much as I think Jones is an idiot I fail to see how this is his fault.

Upvote 0

craigerNY

I bring nothing to the table
Feb 28, 2007
Upstate NY
✟56,288.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Responsibility does not lie on the Jones guy.

You seem to be more angry at a guy buring a holy book than at the mobs who murdered someone over a book burning. Are you now opposed to free speech rights? How do you stand on flag burning? cross burning?

Are you offended when a artist submerges a crucifix in a jar of urine or creates a sculpture of Mary from feces? Are these things inciteful and inflammatory? If Christian mobs killed an artist in retaliation, would you be justifying that behavior?

Misdirected anger. Those mobs need to grow thicker skins. Be angry, stage protests, but don't cross the line.

I don't know the story but I want to say I read this morning that it was a protester killed by Nato, not the other way around. Just the same it's not Jones's fault. Grow thicker skin is exactly what I have said earlier.

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who are you directing your anger to exactly?

I'm a Christian and I strongly disagree with this happening. I'm against it.

I'm directing my anger at that man who dares call himself a Christian and who knew EXACTLY what his provocation would cause!

Seems to me Jones was calculating deads into his little game! Which is sickening!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The sole responsibility for any deaths can be laid directly at the feet of the animals running around rioting and killing. The pastor does not shoulder even the slightest bit of the blame. To say he does is ludicrous at best. It's as foolish and as intellectually dishonest as saying the gun manufacturer is responsible for someone shooting you. :thumbsup::amen::amen::clap:

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd call it inciting hate and murder!

How is that? Threatening to burn a book is just that, threatening to burn a book. Inciting hate and murder is the act of encouraging people to hate and murder. As far as I know this goofball pastor never encouraged anyone to murder anyone else. The people inciting murder are those who would pronounce fatwas because someone offended them.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep, he is now claiming that he has canceled the event because an imam has agreed to end the building of the Islamic community center.

They're actually undecided according to the cnn report. I think they are waiting to see what islamic guy does and will respond accordingly. If he insists on attacking America by building his little building it sounds like they will burn if not they won't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are a silly people.

These dirty night shirts rampage about ANYTHING. They turn labels upside down and look at them in a mirror, then riot because it kinda sorta looks like allah.

Lets attack Lays potato chips, someone saw Jesus in one!

How stupid can we be?

Oh sure I agree that burning the book is a dumb idea, it will incite, and all that...no doubt.

Lets g'head and not burn it, lets build the mosque, and all that means is the other 9 million stupid reasons will have to be used for recruitment.

If we closed the prison, brought all troops home, and denounced Israel....do ya think its enough?

There IS NO enough.

Shame on us idiots

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How is that? Threatening to burn a book is just that, threatening to burn a book. Inciting hate and murder is the act of encouraging people to hate and murder. As far as I know this goofball pastor never encouraged anyone to murder anyone else. The people inciting murder are those who would pronounce fatwas because someone offended them.

If you lay a torch to a barrel of explosives, knowing full well that that barrel will go off, you are the cause for the explosion!

:doh:

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you lay a torch to a barrel of explosives, knowing full well that that barrel will go off, you are the cause for the explosion!

:doh:

OK

If I had a reason to think you would consistently apply that, it would be worth a modicum of respect.

The problem is the endless cyclical excuse making they employ and you likely buy.

IF they attack, its because of X

We fix X, they attack and say because of Y

we fix Y, they attack is Z

we fix z

and so on, and eventually someone retaliates and you will say the retaliation is incitement.

Upvote 0

Rochir

Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
OK

If I had a reason to think you would consistently apply that, it would be worth a modicum of respect.

The problem is the endless cyclical excuse making they employ and you likely buy.

IF they attack, its because of X

We fix X, they attack and say because of Y

we fix Y, they attack is Z

we fix z

and so on, and eventually someone retaliates and you will say the retaliation is incitement.

THat's maybe how a Taliban or muslim radical would act like!

This "pastor" is out to offend EVERY DECENT Muslim on this planet!

But ... since that seems to be so ok with you, please stop complaining if others do the same to Christians!

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I seem to remember that the idea that people were dancing in the streets after 9/11 (which I'm not sure ever happened, or happened on the scale it was said to have) was one of the reasons some supported the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I bring that up because in that case, like this one, you have people doing an offensive, but not violent or illegal, act, yet it stirs up a lot of violence in response.

Is the pastor legally responsible for the death...I'd say no. Does he bear some sort of moral responsibility....I guess that would depend on whether or not you think that people who celebrated 9/11 bear some responsibility for the countries we attacked and the civilian casualties that resulted. Another case that comes to mind is the NY cab driver that was killed after admitting he was Muslim. Do the people who have stirred up the anger about the Islamic center near ground zero bear any responsibility for that death?

People often say that Muslim's need to get a thicker skin and not be offended by actions like this. Is that also true for those who are offended by the construction of a mosque, or those who are offended by some people's responses to attacks on the US?

Reactions: reverend B
Upvote 0