Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And another lawsuit about racial discrimination against whites...

Welcome | Philadelphia Magazine

This one looks more cut and dry...

In Levin’s complaint in federal court, she maintains that Johnson-Harrell was, quite simply, less qualified for the job that Levin had spent the last 18 years in, and Levin believes that she was fired because she’s white. A spokesman for Krasner says that the office does not comment on pending litigation.

So new DA campaigns on changing the justice system by getting rid of white people....then gets rid of white people once elected....and is now being sued by white people.

I wonder why a DA would imagine this is legal to do to people?

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And another lawsuit about racial discrimination against whites...

Welcome | Philadelphia Magazine

This one looks more cut and dry...

So new DA campaigns on changing the justice system by getting rid of white people....then gets rid of white people once elected....and is now being sued by white people.

I wonder why a DA would imagine this is legal to do to people?

It's not legal to do, but that's assuming the lawsuit demonstrates that the DA in fact fired her for being white.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Ah, yes...righting the wrongs of history by creating new wrongs that will one day be history, which will then have to be righted by creating new wrongs that will one day be history, which will then have to be righted by creating new wrongs that will one day be history, which will then...

PROGRESS! x infinity

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's not legal to do, but that's assuming the lawsuit demonstrates that the DA in fact fired her for being white.

Right...not an easy thing to do normally...

However, we don't normally have someone coming into a position saying "I'm going to get rid of white people" and once they do, a subordinate gloating about getting rid of whites and replacing them with a muslim female activist.

That's something they actually have in this case, and they're expecting more lawsuits apparently.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

However, we don't normally have someone coming into a position saying "I'm going to get rid of white people" and once they do, a subordinate gloating about getting rid of whites and replacing them with a muslim female activist.

That's something they actually have in this case, and they're expecting more lawsuits apparently.

The DA didn't say specifically that they simply wanted to get rid of "white people" they said:

There are other people who are going to be made to leave because you cannot bring about real change and leave people in place who are going to fight change every step of the way.

The ones who will leave will tend to be my generation, people who started in this business 30 years ago, which means they’ll also tend to be white and male. That results in more openings, opportunities for greater diversity… the office will become a tremendous magnet for new talent…

And there are a lot of just malleable, mostly younger attorneys who did what they were told, and always wanted to do the right thing, and with proper training will do the right thing. I think real cultural change is possible.

I would expect that there are plenty of memos to be gone over in this case to determine if there is a legal justification to say that she was fired for simply being white.

So, we'll see.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The DA didn't say specifically that they simply wanted to get rid of "white people" they said:

I would expect that there are plenty of memos to be gone over in this case to determine if there is a legal justification to say that she was fired for simply being white.

So, we'll see.

And what exactly do you think he's talking about here?

The ones who will leave will tend to be my generation, people who started in this business 30 years ago, which means they’ll also tend to be white and male. That results in more openings, opportunities for greater diversity… the office will become a tremendous magnet for new talent…

It's fun to imagine that he wasn't just getting rid of people based upon skin color....but the woman is the article was fired 3 days after he started lol. What criteria do you think she was fired for?

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It's fun to imagine that he wasn't just getting rid of people based upon skin color....but the woman is the article was fired 3 days after he started lol. What criteria do you think she was fired for?

I'm not saying it doesn't look bad, but he was free to be doing exactly what he said he was doing, changing things up by getting rid of the long term employees that he didn't think were on board with his plans.

From the quote the DA thought those people would generally look a certain way, but that doesn't mean that was why they were fired.

Being a DA I would assume they were aware of the laws though so I would expect there to be some paperwork on the justification for firing. Otherwise I think the law should take care of it.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think the far, far more damaging (and stupider) quote is the other one, from Coard:

The Emerging New Face of The DA’s Office!

No disrespect to the white male Christians who’ve dominated the supervisory roles in the DA’s Office. But a Muslim sistah, Movita Johnson Harrell, was recently named the Interim Supervisor of Victim Services.

I mean, that's hilarious on several levels (I'm going to guess that Levin is Jewish, and a woman), but does it not strike anyone else here as being at least somewhat 'grey' with regard to the promotion of one religion (and color, and gender) over another, for no real demonstrable reason other than that these are shortcuts to demonstrating one's 'progressivism'? I don't see how that can possibly be legal, seeing as how if it were outwardly stated (e.g., "No Christians, no whites, no men"), it would surely be employment discrimination. And, sure, it can be argued that this isn't Krasner's own view, but it is the view of someone on his team, so it seems more likely than not that he has at least some degree of influence on the decisions being made. And if her lawyer can show that to be the case, then this suit might actually result in something, either against Krasner or the city or both.

It will be interesting to see any developments going forward, at any rate.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying it doesn't look bad, but he was free to be doing exactly what he said he was doing, changing things up by getting rid of the long term employees that he didn't think were on board with his plans.

So far...the only thing I know about his plans is they don't include whites. How would he know if they're on board after 3 days?

From the quote the DA thought those people would generally look a certain way, but that doesn't mean that was why they were fired.

Right...

It's hard to imagine this being acceptable in any context. Imagine if Trump said "We're taking the nation in exciting new directions. I'm going to be getting rid of all the folks not on board with my plan....folks who are most likely black and latino....and I'm going to replace them with people who agree with me *wink wink*"

Considering the leaps in reasoning I've seen you make in the past regarding claims of racism...I'm struggling to understand why you don't think that's the issue here.

Being a DA I would assume they were aware of the laws though so I would expect there to be some paperwork on the justification for firing. Otherwise I think the law should take care of it.

You'd be surprised....some people think racism is acceptable as long as they have a good reason for it.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So far...the only thing I know about his plans is they don't include whites. How would he know if they're on board after 3 days?

By talking to them I suppose.

It's also possible that he wanted to hire someone else for that position before becoming DA and it didn't matter who was already in the job.

Right...

It's hard to imagine this being acceptable in any context. Imagine if Trump said "We're taking the nation in exciting new directions. I'm going to be getting rid of all the folks not on board with my plan....folks who are most likely black and latino....and I'm going to replace them with people who agree with me *wink wink*"

Considering the leaps in reasoning I've seen you make in the past regarding claims of racism...I'm struggling to understand why you don't think that's the issue here.

Well I'm happy to say the guy is probably being pretty racist, I just know how these things go when you try to press the issue with an employer.

You'd be surprised....some people think racism is acceptable as long as they have a good reason for it.

I'm pretty sure he could literally do a racist purge and just be smarter about what he says out loud. That's how the world generally works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By talking to them I suppose.

I'd like to think the DA is smart enough to know that you can't really know these things after 3 days.

It's also possible that he wanted to hire someone else for that position before becoming DA and it didn't matter who was already in the job.

I'd say it's more than possible....seems downright likely.

Well I'm happy to say the guy is probably being pretty racist, I just know how these things go when you try to press the issue with an employer.

I get it...claiming racism from an employer is common and rarely goes anywhere. The thing is, there's rarely evidence this good. Usually it's something that tries to prove a racist motive by looking at outcomes. This time though...it's not just outcomes, there's evidence of the motive itself.

I'm pretty sure he could literally do a racist purge and just be smarter about what he says out loud. That's how the world generally works.

He could...and I agree that when it does happen, that's how it usually happens.

That's why you should consider the views of the person and society in general. 20 years ago...if someone got rid of all the black people working somewhere, they'd keep it quiet. They'd know society frowns on that kind of racism. They would be afraid of being branded a racist.

That's not the world we're living in today....racist against whites? Only about half of us believe it's a problem....the other half will either mock the idea or high five someone racist against whites. A sizable number of people don't believe it's even possible....a large group (which I think the DA belongs to) feel it's justified. They believe that discriminating against whites in favor of minorities is like "righting the wrongs of the past".

People who believe that aren't going to do it quietly, they want everyone to know they're doing it. Otherwise they can't get praise/credit for it. They aren't concerned about people who think it's racist or wrong or an injustice.....they aren't woke, or they're enabling white supremacy. They're the enemy.

I'm not sure if you saw the thread I made recently where they were charging whites double for the same concert tickets as blacks...but they proudly announced and justified their racism too.

If you think they should be ashamed....I agree. They should have the sense to at least know their racism is wrong. Consider this though...the woman bringing this lawsuit isn't stupid. She knows how people react when white people claim to be victims of racism. She's probably heard more claims of racism in her years at work than you or I have in our entire lives. She knows what people will consider and what they'll dismiss outright.

She still decided to go forward with the suit though...so she's either got real evidence or she's very foolish

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If the quote you shared was directed towards people of color it would be readily assumed as racist. Just by the verbiage alone. If Levin was wrongly terminated, I hope she wins the case.

The unfortunate problem with the course we’re on is the growing enmity between the races that’s sure to develop.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think she/they could also claim age discrimination by what he said in the interview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The unfortunate problem with the course we’re on is the growing enmity between the races that’s sure to develop.

You know....I don't know why more people can't see it. It seems so obvious that it's making things worse.

I honestly feel like the people who decided the current course was a good idea thought things were so bad that they couldn't possibly get worse. Now that racial strife has gotten worse....and more people have moved into extremist camps....they just see it as justification for their views.

Reminds me of this article....

White male bashing trend is dangerous | Opinion

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know....I don't know why more people can't see it. It seems so obvious that it's making things worse.

I suspect that’s the point. If we can see it so can others. Puppet-master games.

I don’t understand that. Why is he the enemy?

I don’t feel that way. The Caucasian men I’ve dated, befriended, worked with, and those I’ve met in class and religious venues have always treated me well.

Men are facing increasing pressure and disrespect. Its sad to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0