Will you be raptured in the first, second or third watch of the night?

Deep Truth

Nov 25, 2019
United States
✟72,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If Jesus raptures the 5 wise virgins to the marriage feast shortly before the tribulation begins, then why do the scriptures say he is returning from the wedding banquet in the second or third watch of the night for those servants who are awake and have their lamps burning? Mat 25:1-12, Luke 12:35-38.
  • Luke 12:35-38 "Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, (36) and be like men who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. (37) Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. (38) If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
The first watch of the night in scripture is symbolic for the beginning darkness of the tribulation when Jesus will return to rapture his wise virgins whose lamps are burning for Christ, Lam 2:19-20.

c7.1.png

While the second and third watch represents the following years of the tribulation, when Jesus will return from the wedding feast for his foolish virgins that have been left behind and repented by refilling their lamps with oil of the Holy Spirit, so the light of Christ in them may shine once again for others to see, Mat 25:9-10, Gal 5:25.
  • Mat 5:14-16 "You are the light of (Jesus to) the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light (of Jesus within you) shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
10 virgins took their lamps as they waited to meet the Bridegroom
Mat 25:1-2 "Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. (2) Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.

Its important to understand the kingdom of heaven that's like 10 virgins who took their lamps to meet the bridegroom, represents every born-again saint who carries the light of Jesus in their heart that are waiting for his return.
  • Psalms 18:28 For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness.
  • 2 Sam 22:29 For you are my lamp, O LORD, and my God lightens my darkness.
  • Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all his innermost parts.
  • Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

c76.3.png

The wise virgins had sufficient oil for their lamps
The extra jars of oil that kept the wise virgin's lamps burning in the night is symbolic for continually yielding your will to the power of the Holy Spirit, so the light and love of Jesus within you may constantly shine for those who are dwelling in the spiritual darkness of this world, Mat 4:16.
  • Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
  • Acts 2:3-4 And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. (4) And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit....
  • 1 Sam 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon David from that day forward.
  • Eph 5:18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be (continually) filled with the (oil of the) Spirit,
The 5 foolish virgins that failed to bring additional jars of oil to keep their lamps burning in the night represent the worldly saints that have quenched the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives, and they will be left behind in tribulation's darkness when Jesus returns for his wise virgins whose lamps are burning for Christ.
  • 1 Thes 5:19 Do not quench the (power of the) Spirit.
  • Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
  • Gal 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
  • Gal 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step (and be continually filled) with the Spirit.
c77.3.png

The Corinthians are virgins betrothed to Christ
A virgin that is born sexually pure and undefiled for marriage is symbolic for a justified saint who is born-again in the righteousness of Christ that has become a spiritual virgin engaged to Jesus.

However when the apostle Paul addressed the Corinthians as virgins betrothed to Christ, he was afraid they were being led astray from a sincere love and devotion to Jesus by the serpent's cunning. In other words these justified saints had become foolish since they were easily putting up with deceiving spirits and a false gospel, 2 Cor 11:1-4.
Therefore the parable of the 10 virgins represents every wise and foolish saint in God's kingdom that are waiting for Jesus to rapture them to heaven shortly before the tribulation begins.

c39.png

The Greek word "ginosko" means to know from first hand personal experience. For example Adam knew (ginosko) Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, Gen 4:1.

A born-again saint also loves and knows (ginosko) God from their first hand salvation experience.
  • 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows (ginosko) God.
In Mat 7:21-23, the workers of lawlessness who said 'Lord, Lord' but did not do the will of the Father in heaven, whom Jesus never knew (ginosko), represent the unbelievers who are never born-again by faith in Christ, see John 6:40.
  • Mat 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. (22) On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' (23) And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew (ginosko) you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'
However when the Bridegroom said “I don't know you” to the five foolish virgins in Mat 25:12, the Greek word for "know" in this verse is Eido, which means to observe the outward actions of a person in order to know an inward reality in their heart.

And "Eido" suggests the foolish virgins who were outwardly walking in darkness, is symbolic for the worldly saints who are dwelling in the darkness of their unrepentant sin since their hearts are not in fellowship with Christ, and this is why Jesus will say "I don't know (eido) you" to these foolish disobedient children of God when he suddenly returns to rapture his wise saints to the wedding banquet.
  • 1 John 4:20-21 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
  • 1 John 2:10-11 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. (11) But whoever hates his brother is (a foolish saint) in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know (eido) where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
  • 1 John 1:6-7 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness (as a foolish saint), we lie and do not practice the truth. (7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
The foolish virgins lamps that went out and were in darkness because they did not bring extra jars of oil, represent the disobedient saints that have quenched the oil of the Holy Spirit and thus Jesus will say he is not in fellowship with these foolish saints, nor does he intimately know (eido) them in their hearts as his loving and mature bride that's ready to enter the marriage feast, 1 Thess 5:19, Mat 5:22-24.

And this is why the foolish virgins were told to go and buy oil for their lamps, which represents repenting from sin and yielding their hearts again to the leading of the Holy Spirit, so they can return to walking in the light of fellowship with Christ.

The 5 wise virgins that went to the wedding banquet with the Bridegroom does not represent salvation, instead its a reward for the obedient saints that have made themselves ready for Christ's return by following his will through righteous deeds of faith and love, 2 Thes 1:3-5, Luke 21:34-36.
  • Rev 19:7-8 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; (8) it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure"-- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
While the foolish virgins lamps that went out represent the worldly saints who are stumbling in the darkness of their sinful disobedience to God, that will be left behind in the tribulation to be disciplined when Jesus returns for his wise saints that have their spiritual lamps burning for Christ.
  • Rev 3:2-3 Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die (immature children of God), for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. (3) Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you (when you are left behind in the tribulation).
  • Rev 3:4 Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments (with unrepentant sin), and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.
In 1 John 2:12-13, it says born-again children know (ginosko) the Father and their sins are forgiven. However spiritual children (foolish virgins) have not yet grown and matured into a faithful and loving bride that intimately knows (ginokso) Jesus who is from the beginning.
  • 1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming.
While spiritual fathers represent the obedient saints (wise virgins) who follow Jesus in deeds of faith and love, as a mature bride loves and knows (ginosko) her bridegroom, 1 John 2:14, 1 Cor 4:15.

Is your lamp burning for Christ or has it gone out?
The parable of the 10 virgins is a forewarning that we need to be ready and awake with our spiritual lamps burning by taking up our cross and following Jesus will for our lives, if we want to be a wise virgin that will be raptured to the marriage feast in the first watch of the night before the tribulation begins.

Or else we will be a foolish virgin left behind in tribulation that will be waiting for Jesus to return from the wedding banquet in the second or third watch of the night, for his saints that have repented and replenished their lamps with the Spirit's oil so the light of Christ within them may shine once again for all to see, Luke 12:35-38.

The wise Philadelphia saints
Rev 3:8, 10 "'I know (eido, observe) your works. Behold, I have set before you an open door, which no one is able to shut. I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.....(10) Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

The foolish Laodicean saints
Rev 3:15-16 "'I know (eido, observe) your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! (16) So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth (into the tribulation).

The foolish saints come out of great tribulation and have
washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb
Rev 7:13-14 Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, "Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?" (14) I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are (the foolish saints) the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their (sin-stained) robes (by repenting) and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, 1 John 1:9, Proverbs 28:13.

c4.png

Israel's three watches of the night
Israel divided the night into three watches, the beginning watch, middle watch and morning watch. And the following scriptures that mention these watches of the night are prophetic for the different periods of tribulation's darkness.

In Lam 2:19, The first watch is mentioned when 70 years of Babylonian captivity was beginning for Israel, which is prophetic for the beginning of the 7 year tribulation.

The middle watch when the Lord handed Israel over to the Midianites for a period of 7 years to be disciplined, is when Gideon and 300 men defeated their enemies by taking empty vessels with torches hidden inside, and they raised their torches shouting a sword for the Lord and a sword for Gideon, Judges 7:15-20.

What's interesting about Gideon's victory over the enemy in the middle watch, is this story appears to be symbolic for the foolish virgins that have their spiritual lamps burning again for Christ in the second watch of the tribulation.

c29.1.png

The third watch or morning watch that's mentioned in in Exodus 14 and 1 Samuel 11, represents the end of tribulation's darkness when Jesus returns in the light of his glory to save Israel, Mat 24:27.

Israel coming out of the Red Sea in victory in the morning watch when the Lord destroyed Pharaoh's army, is symbolic for when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist and his army at the end of the tribulation.

Ex 14:24 And in the morning watch the LORD in the pillar of fire and of cloud looked down on the Egyptian forces and threw the Egyptian forces into a panic,

c24.png

The morning watch is also spoken of when Jabesh Gilead was surrounded for 7 days by the Ammonites, when Saul brought an army of 330,00 men and defeated Israel's enemies.

1 Sam 11:11 And the next day Saul put the people in three companies. And they came into the midst of the camp in the morning watch and struck down the Ammonites until the heat of the day. And those who survived were scattered, so that no two of them were left together.

After Saul's deliverance for Jabesh he was accepted as Israel's first king, which is prophetic for when Israel is saved by the Lord after 7 years of tribulation when the nation will receive Jesus for the first time as King of kings, 1 Sam11:12-15.

70 years, 7 years and 7 days
The first, second and third watches of the night that are mentioned when Israel was being taken captive for 70 years in Babylon, handed over to the Midianties for a period of 7 years, and surrounded by the Ammonites for 7 days, represent the three watches of the night in the 7 year tribulation when Israel will be persecuted by their enemies who are seeking to destroy them.

Rome had four watches instead of three
The Roman fourth watch that's equivalent to Israel's morning watch is mentioned when Jesus walked on the water to his disciples in the boat that was being tossed by the wind and waves, which is symbolic for Jesus returning in the clouds with his saints when he will save a remnant of Israel who is surrounded by the roaring waves of the nations at the end of the tribulation, Mat 14:22-33, Rev 17:14, 19:11-14, Isa 17:12-14.

c38.png

The roar of the nations is like the roaring of many waters
Isa 17:12-14 Ah, the thunder of many peoples; they thunder like the thundering of the sea! Ah, the roar of nations; they roar like the roaring of mighty waters! (13) The nations roar like the roaring of many waters, but he will rebuke them, and they will flee far away, chased like chaff on the mountains before the wind and whirling dust before the storm. (14) At evening time, (when the tribulation begins) behold, terror! Before morning, (when Jesus returns at the end of the tribulation) they are no more! This is the portion of those who loot us, and the lot of those who plunder us.

Psalms 65:5-7 By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation.......(7) who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the tumult of the peoples,

- Continued Below -

Last edited:

Deep Truth

Nov 25, 2019
United States
✟72,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Lord's salvation for Israel in the morning watch
Psalms 130:5-8 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; (6) my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen (wait) for the morning, more than watchmen (wait) for the morning. (7) O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. (8) And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities (at the end of the tribulation).

Isaiah 33:2-3 O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm (of strength) every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble. (3) At the tumultuous noise peoples flee; when you lift yourself up, nations are scattered,

Keep your lamps burning saints,
for no one knows when the Bridegroom will come
Mark 13:32-37 "But concerning that day or that hour (when Jesus raptures his wise virgins in the first watch), no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (33) Be on guard, keep awake (saints). For you do not know when the time will come. (34) It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. (35) Therefore stay awake (by following the Holy Spirit)--for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning (watch)-- (36) lest he come suddenly and find you asleep (in your dark sinful desires like a foolish virgin whose lamp has gone out). (37) And what I say to you I say to all (10 virgins engaged to Christ): Stay awake (and keep your lamps burning with the light and love of Christ for all to see)."

c1.2.png

"In the Blink of an Eye" is testimonies of Christians who had traumatic dreams of missing the rapture. And these dreams are a warning that we need to be ready for Jesus sudden return when he will rapture his wise virgins to the wedding banquet.

In the following articles I discuss the mystery of the soon coming rapture of the saints.
Will you be raptured to the feast of Abraham or left behind in Sodom?
Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch?

Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch? Part 2

Will you be raptured in the first, second or third watch of the night?
Why will the first be last, and the last first?
Why are many called to the wedding banquet but few are chosen?
Who are the sons of the kingdom cast into outer darkness?

In these articles I examine the scriptures that seem to be pointing to the years of 2031 to 2038 for the tribulation.

Is the year when the tribulation ends written in scripture?
Part 2, 2 days, 7th hour, 38
Part 3, 2-38
Part 4, Gen 14:14, 17:17, Ex 7:7, John 5:5
Part 5, Psalms 83 & 90
Part 6, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90
Part 7, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90

The Ominous Sign of Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033
Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033 Part 2, 85 Priests are put to death

Israel's Second Passover will be fulfilled in the last year of the Tribulation

Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation?
Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation? Part 2

Will brutal Taskmasters oppress mankind before the Tribulation begins?
A 7 year end-time harvest of saints will precede God's wrath

Joseph in prison "two whole years" is prophetic for a 2,000 year gospel age
21 possible examples for a 2,000 year gospel age

Rachel after 7 years of barrenness gave birth to Joseph when Jacob was 90
The 12 sons of Jacob, symbolic for Old and New Covenant Israel

4 Prophetic stories reveal a 2,000 year gospel age followed by the tribulation
The Tabernacle reveals the age of the Law, the age of Grace and the Millennium

Why did God want to kill Moses when he lodged on his way to set Israel free from slavery to Pharaoh?
Why did the blind man see men like trees walking when Jesus touched him?

Why was Jacob called Israel when he struggled with God?
When will unrighteous Jacob be called Israel?

Why is the Feast of Trumpets in the 7th month 1st day to the 10th day?
What does the disciples catch of 153 fish represent?

Netflix cartoon encourages people to get the Smart Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Since there's no such thing as "the rapture" then all I can say is that I believe the Lord will return, as He promised, at a time no one can know; when He returns in glory as Judge of the living and the dead, the dead shall all be raised, both of the righteous and the wicked. And then God will make all things new.

No rapture. Just Christ's return in Final Judgment, the resurrection of the dead, and the renewal of all things.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If Jesus raptures the 5 wise virgins to the marriage feast when the darkness of the tribulation is drawing near, then why is he returning from the wedding banquet in the second or third watch of the night for those saints who are awake and have their lamps burning? Matthew 25:1-12, Luke 12:35-38.
  • Luke 12:35-38 "Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, (36) and be like men who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks. (37) Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. (38) If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants!
The first watch of the night is symbolic for when the spiritual darkness of the tribulation is near when Jesus will suddenly rapture the 5 wise virgins whose lamps are burning bright for Christ.

While the second and third watch represents the subsequent years of the tribulation when Jesus will return from the banquet for the foolish virgins who were left behind, that have repented by refilling their lamps with oil by keeping in step with the Holy Spirit, so the light of Christ will shine in them once again for others to see, Mat 25:9-10, Gal 5:25.
  • Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
10 virgins took their lamps and went to meet the Bridegroom
Its important to understand the scriptures reveal the 10 virgin's lamps represent the Word of God and the light of Jesus in a Christian's heart that guides them on the path of righteousness.
  • Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD, searching all his innermost parts.
  • Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
  • 2 Samuel 22:29 For you are my lamp, O LORD, and my God lightens my darkness.
View attachment 300423

The wise virgins had sufficient oil for their lamps
The extra jars of oil that kept the wise virgin's lamps burning in the night is symbolic for continually yielding your will to the power of the Holy Spirit so the light of Christ will shine through you in the spiritual darkness of this sinful world.
  • Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."
  • 1 Samuel 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers. And the Spirit of the LORD rushed upon David from that day forward.
The foolish virgins who failed to bring additional oil which caused their lamps to quickly go out, represents the disobedient saints who quenched the prompting of the Holy Spirit in their lives that will be left behind in the outer darkness of the tribulation, when Jesus suddenly returns to rapture his wise virgins who are ready, Matthew 22:13.
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit.
  • Ephesians 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
  • Galatians 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
  • Galatians 5:25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.
The Corinthians were spiritual virgins betrothed to Christ
A virgin that is pure and undefiled for marriage is symbolic for the justified saints who are born-again in righteousness that have become spiritual virgins engaged to Jesus.

However when Paul addressed the Corinthians as virgins betrothed to Christ, he was afraid they were being led astray from their sincere and pure devotion to Jesus by the serpent's cunning. In other words these Corinthian saints had become foolish virgins since they were easily putting up with deceiving spirits and a false gospel, 2 Corinthians 11:1-4.

10 represents completion
The number 10 in scripture represents completion. The 10 commandments is a summary of God's complete law, while the 10 days of the Feast of Trumpets is prophetic for God's complete judgment of unbelieving mankind in the tribulation.
Therefore the 10 virgins who were waiting for the Bridegroom represents all the saints who are waiting to be raptured to the wedding banquet shortly before the tribulation begins. Although only those virgins who are wise by having their lamps burning for Christ will be taken.

When Jesus said “I don't know you” to the foolish virgins, the word know in Greek is Eido, which means to observe someone outwardly with physical eyes which is a gateway to perceive an inward spiritual reality.

The foolish virgins whose lamps went out and were visibly walking in darkness, reveals their hearts were in spiritual darkness filled with their sinful desires, thus Jesus said he didn't know these disobedient saints as his loving and sanctified bride that was ready to enter the marriage feast.

And this is why the foolish virgins were told to go and buy oil by yielding their hearts to the leading of the Holy Spirit, so they could return to walking in the light and fellowship of Jesus perfect will for their lives.
  • 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
  • Matthew 6:22-24 "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy (and focused on God), your whole body will be full of light, (23) but if your eye is bad (through desiring the riches of the world), your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness! (24) "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
  • Prov. 28:22 A man with a bad eye hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.
  • Eccl 11:7 The light is pleasant, and it is good for the eyes to see the sun (Jesus the Son).
The number 5 in scripture that's symbolic for grace, reveals the 5 wise and 5 foolish virgins represent every saint who is saved by God's grace.

The parable of the 10 virgins is counseling us to be spiritual lights for Christ in this world of darkness and sin, if we want to be ready and raptured in the first watch to the marriage feast. Or else we will be left behind in the tribulation to be disciplined as we anxiously wait for Jesus to return from the wedding banquet in the second or third watch for those repentant saints whose lamps are burning again for Christ, Revelation 16:15.

Israel's three watches of the night
Israel divided the night into three watches, the beginning watch, middle watch and morning watch. And the following scriptures that mention these watches of the night are prophetic for the different periods of tribulation's darkness.

In Lam 2:19, The beginning watch that's spoken of when 70 years of Babylonian captivity began for Israel, is prophetic for when 7 years of captivity in spiritual Babylon will begin for Israel in the tribulation.

The middle watch is mentioned when Israel was being handed over to the Midianites to be disciplined for a period of 7 years, when Gideon and 300 chosen men took empty vessels with torches hidden inside, and defeated the enemy in the middle watch as they smashed their vessels and raised their torches shouting a sword for the Lord and a sword for Gideon, Judges 7:15-20.

Now what I find interesting about Gideon's victory as the 300 men raised their torches in the middle watch, is this story appears to be mysteriously prophetic for when Jesus returns to reward his repentant saints who have their spiritual lamps burning again for Christ in the second or third watch of the tribulation.

The morning watch that's mentioned in two prophetic stories in Exodus 14 and 1 Samuel 11, represents Israel's salvation at the end of the tribulation's darkness when Jesus will return in the light of his glory to save Israel, Matthew 24:27.

When Israel came out of the Red Sea with Moses, the Lord destroyed Pharaoh's army in the morning watch when the waters came crashing down on them. This account of Israel's miraculous salvation from death is prophetic for when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist and his army when Israel will be saved at the end of the tribulation.

Exodus 14:24 And in the morning watch the LORD in the pillar of fire and of cloud looked down on the Egyptian forces and threw the Egyptian forces into a panic,

The morning watch is also spoken of when Jabesh Gilead was surrounded for 7 days by the Ammonites, when Saul brought an army of 330,00 men to defeat Israel's enemy. After Saul's deliverance for Jabesh he was accepted as Israel's first king, which is prophetic for when Israel is saved by Jesus after 7 years of tribulation when the nation will receive him for the first time as King of kings and Lord of lords, 1 Samuel 11:11-15.

1 Samuel 11:11 And the next day Saul put the people in three companies. And they came into the midst of the camp in the morning watch and struck down the Ammonites until the heat of the day. And those who survived were scattered, so that no two of them were left together.

After Saul's victory over the enemy Israel accepts him as their first king
1 Samuel 11:12-15 Then the people said to Samuel, "Who is it that said, 'Shall Saul reign over us?' Bring the men, that we may put them to death." (13) But Saul said, "Not a man shall be put to death this day, for today the LORD has worked salvation in Israel." (14) Then Samuel said to the people, "Come, let us go to Gilgal and there renew the kingdom." (15) So all the people went to Gilgal, and there they made Saul king before the LORD in Gilgal. There they sacrificed peace offerings before the LORD, and there Saul and all the men of Israel rejoiced greatly.

The three different watches of the night that are mentioned when Israel was being taken captive for 70 years in Babylon, handed over to the Midianties for a period of 7 years, and surrounded by the Ammonites for 7 days, are prophetic for watches of the night in the 7 year tribulation when Israel will be persecuted by their enemies who are seeking to destroy them.

After Israel fell under Roman supremacy there were four watches instead of three
The Roman fourth watch that's the equivalent to Israel's morning watch is mentioned when Jesus walked on the water to his disciples in the boat that was tossed by the wind and waves, which is deeply symbolic for Jesus riding on a white horse in the clouds with his called, chosen and faithful saints, when he will return to save a small remnant of Israel who is surrounded by roaring waves of a multitude of hostile nations at the end of the tribulation, Rev 17:14, 19:11-14, Isaiah 17:12-14.

Matthew 14:22-33 Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds....... (24) but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. (25) And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea.......(32) And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. (33) And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.

Revelation 19:11-13 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war....... (13) He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

The roar of the nations is like the roaring of many waters
Isaiah 17:12-14 Ah, the thunder of many peoples; they thunder like the thundering of the sea! Ah, the roar of nations; they roar like the roaring of mighty waters! (13) The nations roar like the roaring of many waters, but he will rebuke them, and they will flee far away, chased like chaff on the mountains before the wind and whirling dust before the storm. (14) At evening time, (when the tribulation begins) behold, terror! Before morning, (when Jesus returns at the end of the tribulation) they are no more! This is the portion of those who loot us, and the lot of those who plunder us.

Psalms 65:5-7 By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas;.......(7) who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the tumult of the peoples,

The Lord's salvation for Israel in the morning
Although the meaning of Psalms 130:5-8 is somewhat hidden, it appears to be speaking of Israel who is anxiously waiting for the Lord's salvation in the morning watch at the end of the tribulation.

Psalms 130:5-8 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; (6) my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen (wait) for the morning, more than watchmen (wait) for the morning. (7) O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. (8) And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Isaiah 33:2-3 O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm (of strength) every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble (in the tribulation). (3) At the tumultuous noise peoples flee; when you lift yourself up (as you return in the clouds), nations are scattered,

The recurring theme of the wise and foolish virgins that represents the rapture of the faithful saints while the foolish saints will be left behind to be disciplined in the tribulation, is repeated throughout a variety of scriptures.

Stay awake virgins and keep your lamps burning,
for no one knows when the Bridegroom will come
Mark 13:32-37 "But concerning that day or that hour (when Jesus comes to raptures his saints), no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. (33) Be on guard, keep awake (saints). For you do not know when the time will come. (34) It is like a man going on a journey, when he leaves home and puts his servants in charge, each with his work, and commands the doorkeeper to stay awake. (35) Therefore stay awake (walking in the light of the Lord's will for your lives)--for you do not know when the master of the house will come, in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or in the morning-- (36) lest he come suddenly and find you asleep (in your dark and sinful desires). (37) And what I say to you I say to all (spiritual virgins engaged to Christ): Stay awake (and keep your lamps burning)."

The following articles reveal additional insights regarding the soon coming rapture of the saints.
Who are the sons of the kingdom cast into outer darkness?
Why will the first be last, and the last first?
Why are many called to the wedding banquet but few are chosen?

"In the Blink of an Eye" is testimonies of Christians who experienced traumatic dreams of missing the rapture because they were not walking with Jesus in faithfulness and love. And it appears these similar dreams are a prophetic warning that we need to be ready in our heart for Jesus sudden return when he will rapture his mature and sanctified saints.
I'll be raptured with all the other saints at the only rapture which authoritative NT teaching presents--at the resurrection of all mankind at the end of time, followed by the Final Judgment and the next age, eternity in the new heavens and new earth.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 Rapture in Scipture

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers and sisters, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as indeed the rest of mankind do, who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead, so also God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep through Jesus. 15 For we say this to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who remain, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore, comfort one another with these words.

Since this has never happened before to a group of believers, it is yet to come, and IMHO not far off, as in as soon as 4 hours from now to possibly 2030 AD but no later IMHO.

Upvote 0