Helena
✟207,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if Bella considered a shotgun a viable option or not but I did see someone suggest 00 buck for a shotgun for home defense and I'd suggest toning it down a little bit, to #3 or #4 buck. It'll still be effective but it'll have a lot less overpenetration. It'd be nice to not shoot your neighbors through the wall. In an apartment building I think that's not gonna make a difference since there's no exterior walls just drywall..
For a handgun I'd recommend a 9mm fairly low recoil and decent selection of defensive rounds, something like 124grain JHP's. Smith and Wesson M&P shield is a good option. Hollowpoints are not only going to be more effective than full metal jackets, but they'll also reduce overpenetration.

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Where do you live that you have to reach for your home defense weapon so often?
I have only had to reach for my defensive weapon once.
It was late I was watching TV when suddenly I saw the door handle leading into the garage try to move.
I grabbed the 9mm and opened into the garage cause I swore I never heard the garage door itself open... nobody was there and then suddenly a ball of fur jumped up onto the trunk of the car and meowed.
I wanted to pee myself and laugh at the same time.

Upvote 0