Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This is the first time I have ever heard of a hollow point round or "dum dum" termed as "safety". The damage they do in a human body is horrendous. The entry wound is nice and neat but the exit wound is unbelievable. In 1899 the Hague Convention outlawed their use in warfare and now they are "safety ammo"??? Unbelievable.
Yes, your safety and that of your neighbors.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
That's a great choice. I've got three of the previous model, and they've upgraded the main point (the trigger) that needed upgrading. I've got thousands of rounds fired on each of mine.

Just picked it up today. I'm curious about something. Do you recommend a laser sight?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I would appreciate your input on firearm suggestions for first time owners. Please include small and large options and additional considerations for the home. Thank you.

~Bella

It would depend on what you would be using the gun for. Why do you want a gun?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just picked it up today. I'm curious about something. Do you recommend a laser sight?

I've just recently put laser sights on the nightstand guns of my wife and daughter. I'm somewhat wary of them from a reliability point of view. They do represent, as well, a different mental concept of use, since you're not so much "aiming" the gun as pointing the light and putting the light back on the target as each shot recoils it away from the target. That actually takes some training different from "aiming" to use to its own best advantage.

But my major concern is reliability. I don't yet know how concerned I should realistically be, however I wouldn't have put them on my wife and daughter's guns if I were too concerned.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
No, in a defensive situation, that's another piece of technology that you might be inclined to fool with when should should be concentrating on defending your self. You can become reliant on gadgets, then when the battery dies, you are caught with your pants down.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just recently bought my wife a Smith & Wesson 9mm EZ. It's easy to slide and load.
It's her first gun. She loves it! :oldthumbsup:

Image 8-26-20 at 10.45 AM.JPG

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No, in a defensive situation, that's another piece of technology that you might be inclined to fool with when should should be concentrating on defending your self. You can become reliant on gadgets, then when the battery dies, you are caught with your pants down.

My thoughts are if I get a laser dot on someone, they may actually think twice about what they're doing in a home defend situation.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've tried to convince my mother-in-law to buy this (but in 380), but she's not in any hurry, unfortunately.

Actually, the greater weight of the 9mm makes it easier to shoot than the 380.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thoughts are if I get a laser dot on someone, they may actually think twice about what they're doing in a home defend situation.

Most likely, there won't be time to think about such things in a home defense situation.

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My wife's first gun is an AR15 pistol. It's lighter than the rifle and the shorter barrel is easier to maneuver indoors. I actually find myself reaching for it more often than my AR15 carbine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Resto

Nov 13, 2020
?
✟2,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My wife's first gun is an AR15 pistol. It's lighter than the rifle and the shorter barrel is easier to maneuver indoors. I actually find myself reaching for it more often than my AR15 carbine.

I Hear Ya. I built a 10.5" in 300BO. Love it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Resto

Nov 13, 2020
?
✟2,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have "Night Lights" on around the House, so I am never waking up in the dark(eye adjustment). Rolling out, with 2 30 rnd mags in a clamp kinda solves any problems. I used to like my 1911 .45 ACP for Home Defense. Im building an 11" in 5.56, waiting on a Gas Block and Tube.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where do you live that you have to reach for your home defense weapon so often?

Upvote 0

Justin-H.S.

May 8, 2020
The Shire
✟115,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Where do you live that you have to reach for your home defense weapon so often?

In a Republican run city that is being culturally enriched by Democrats.

But, more often than not I reach for the home defense weapon because I can.

Upvote 0