Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOPS! The documentation for the assertion that Sakaguchi is in Aum is documented by an article from the Los Angeles Times, July 12, 2001. In it, Alex Pham from the paper is interviewing Hironobu Sakaguchi. Sakaguchi revealingly refers to, in his words, "thinking about aspects of physics that get into the more philosophical realm." This is the most open admission to Aum/Aleph cult membership that anyone who doesn't want to be exposed as an Aum member can make. he then admits to using his games and movie to push his views.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Check the links on Page 4 (if they still work) for the history of Aum Shinrikyo/Aleph so you know the pretext that Sakaguchi uses.
Then go to your search engine, enter Los Angeles Times, and go to their site and database. If you can't do that from your computer (I could not) go to your local library and they should be able to get you in. Enter Hironobu Sakaguchi and read the article by Alex Pham I mentioned called "The Realities of a Fantasy World."
Was that any help?
Btw: You might have to pay the Times if you use your personal computer.

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fine, that's your opinion. You are entitled to it, and I even invite you to open a thread of your own criticizing my views. :)
However, as long as FF exists and Sakaguchi uses it to promote Aum Shinrikyo/Aleph :eek: I will maintain this thread for those who want to know.
I'm :sorry: if that offends you. :)

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
OK I think I just might! :D

I've played Final Fantasy 7 extensively. It is neither gorey (If thats a word! LoL), lewd, or find it with imposing beliefs or a persuading lifestyle.

It's my personal opinion that depriving a child too much will hurt more than help.

If a child is deprived and help back too much, when he gorws up, and gets out on his own, he's gonna jump on all those things mommy and daddy had forbidden.

Wisdom comes with experience in my opinion. Children won't be able to learn from their mistakes and become stronger in their faith unless they are given the chance to.

God Bless You :clap:

I'll add more maybe later back to the research paper :help: :mad:

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Gory is the word you're looking for and I think you have been desensitized to that :( The Aeris death scene? How else would you define that other than 'gory'? :scratch:
I grant that FF7 was not as bad as some others in lewdness but a few scenes and subtexts that stuck out in this regard were that Don Corneo/Honey Bee Inn business, the one character with his live in "assistant," and the Cloud and Tifa scene near the end. :o
Now I'm not telling anyone to play or not to play. I'm providing information. To play or not to play is your choice, and it should be an informed choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You just made another point for me! Thank you! :) :clap:
Final Fantasy (and other console/computer RPGs) are addictive psychologically. (possibly physically if they alter brain activity or behavior, jury's still out there)
That is not a good thing either, as the true God doesn't want us addicted to anything, whether it be alcohol, drugs, immoral acts, gambling-or RPGs! :(
I'm not just rattling off at you. I was literally addicted in the psychological sense (look up "psychological addiction" in a reputable medical dictionary for the definition as it is too longwinded for my post here) to Final Fantasy and other RPGs. :cry: :o
In my opinion RPG addiction is similar to gambling addiction: it provides risk, action, rewards rarely, and costs you a ton of money and time. :(

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Thomas
I too prayed for God to show me if this or that game is evil or not, if it is right or not to play it... but, if you don't want to hear a "no, don't play it".. you can end up pretending to hear a vague "yes", formulated by your very own mind.

So are you saying that YOUR right and everyone who has a different belief is wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Fallen

I did read it and to be honest it just sounds like lies to further your agenda.

Ah, isn't libel and slander prohibited here? :confused: I'm not sure if it is or isn't. However this post (which in effect calls me a liar driven by a selfish agenda) is completely unfounded by any fact whatsoever and as such an unfounded personal attack rather than an attack on my presentation, facts, or logic. :(

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Susan

Ah, isn't libel and slander prohibited here? :confused: I'm not sure if it is or isn't. However this post (which in effect calls me a liar driven by a selfish agenda) is completely unfounded by any fact whatsoever and as such an unfounded personal attack rather than an attack on my presentation, facts, or logic. :(

Are you mad because I dont agree with you :(

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am not "mad," if I were I would have used the :mad: symbol rather than the :( symbol and the :cry: symbol.
And my complaint is not that you don't agree with me but rather that you made an unfounded personal attack rather than find and post reliable information criticizing my findings. :)
If anyone would like to discuss this issue, agreeing with me or not, they are welcome here. :)

Upvote 0

SenseiPiccolo

Apr 6, 2002
✟3,236.00
Originally posted by Susan
No, I am not "mad," if I were I would have used the :mad: symbol rather than the :( symbol and the :cry: symbol.
And my complaint is not that you don't agree with me but rather that you made an unfounded personal attack rather than find and post reliable information criticizing my findings. :)
If anyone would like to discuss this issue, agreeing with me or not, they are welcome here. :)

ehhh....
(gulp)

I would like to discuss this issue...
but..
:eek:
(gulp)

I greatly fear you...
:sorry:

okay...
gota go now...
bye...

(runs away in fear)