SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Any girls out there who are into games? In asian countries there sure seems to be a lot of them but in Sweden (where I live) you really don't want to mention that you like video/computer games to a girl... she'll think you're still 10 years old :D.

How's the gaming culture in your country when it comes to girls?

P.S. Oh and if you are a girl doesn't play vidoe/computer games and who has somehow managed to get lost and ended up reading this thread, what do you think of guys who play games?

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
I grew up on games. The first types of games I ever played were King's Quest, Zyll and Jumpman (boy, that dates me). I still love games. I got my first Nintendo when I was young. I have now had all 4 Nintendo consoles (3 of which are still in my possession). I also enjoyed playing games with my older brother. I never really stopped to ponder how other females view games..... unless they came to play with me, of course. :D

Upvote 0

PuppyforChrist

Loyal and obedient to its Master
Jun 25, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟18,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Me! Me! Pick me! ;)

I love games. All kinds. My favorite is Simulation games like The Sims. I also like first person shooter games like Quake and Unreal. I have an N64 and trying to convince my bro to get a PS2, though he wants an X-box.

I wouldn't say all women don't like games, actually, I don't know a single female around where I live that doesn't like video games. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twosteppin

They didn't have you where I come from
Dec 24, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
✟18,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A LOT of my female friends LOVE videogames.... my friends and I play video games more than we go shopping,,tehehe. I like guys that play video games cause when I talk to them and have an akward momment of silence i just start talking about games. :)

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
CeliaRose said:
I'm a beginning gamer, there aren't many females I know that actually play, but I've always been a tomboy at heart. :D What are your favorite games?

Well, since you ask... :D Pretty much fighting games when it comes to consoles (Tekken fan) and 3d shooters on the PC. And I enjoy the occasional adventure game (just love the monkey island series). But basically, when it comes to games, anything really well made goes ;)

So, what kinds of games do girls like? Speaking for yourselves ofcourse ;)

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Stoic seeker of the truth
Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
All I want to know, is where were you girls when I was in highschool?? :D Seems back then only "geeks" played computer games and you were more likely to walk on water than find a female gamer. I should give you ladies my wife's email address so you could send my her an email explaining how us "gamers" can spend a few hours playing a particular game. LOL

So, it seems The Sims is a favorite for women. (my wife plays it a lot) But do you ladies also enjoy the tactical games like, RavenShield or Ghost Recon? I'm simply asking as I haven't played RvS or GR in a while because it's hard to find a server where there's actual teamwork and not a bunch of fools standing around whatching you get perforated by the T's or other team.

@DMB233

It's a good thing my wife doesn't browse these forums else I might be in trouble conversing with a girl who's also interested in Nascar, DMB, Tolkien's world, and computer games. LOL

Upvote 0

Mylinkay Asdara

Voice of Li'Adan
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Pagan
Yeah the girl gamers are rare. I'm one of only a few in my area, but I'll be one till the day I die (or can't see the screen anymore). Even more rare are girl Gammers (role players for table top and live action) Sad really, I think that the indoctrination that these are 'boy things' is wearing off though, but so many girls are missing out on games and the social interaction that comes with them to go shopping for something they don't need or talk about boys all night (like we don't do that enough already ;) )

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I used to play the table-top RPGs growing up. Very few girls would game with us and because it was a small town, they were usually the only girls at the conventions. I already have a feeling my daughter's going to be a gamer with the way she looks at the computer. She's only 10-months old, but she enjoys banging on the keyboard and pulling the CDs out of my cd-wallet.

As for me, like you I plan on gaming untill I'm either dead, blind, or too rittled with arthritis to manipulate the mouse and keyboard. LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hyena Klown

Juggalette
Dec 19, 2003
Long Beach, CA, USA
Visit site
✟15,230.00
Faith
Other Religion
i love video games, when i was really little, my parents played atari alot and got me and my brothers into video games and when the super nintendo and then nintendo 64 came out, we were playing all the time. now we have a gamecube, and we're about to get an xbox (which will mark the first time this family gets a non-nintendo console). my favorite games ever are all the goldeneye games, mechwarrior (for PC, which i beat in a matter of weeks), mario kart (still havent played the latest version), mario party (ive played all of em), rush (especially arcade version), and sum sport games.

Upvote 0

twosteppin

They didn't have you where I come from
Dec 24, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio
✟18,232.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@DMB233

It's a good thing my wife doesn't browse these forums else I might be in trouble conversing with a girl who's also interested in Nascar, DMB, Tolkien's world, and computer games. LOL[/QUOTE]

LOL LOL. yeah I guess that would be a good thing.

RPG games are awsome but MARIO will always be the best EVER.
There was this computer game I use to play all the time but I forgot its name. YOu would go online and have teams, (it was a first person shooter) and you had to capture the flag for your team and bring it back to home base. you played with other people online it was awesome! :clap:

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
DMB233

The FPS you're referring too sounds like Tribes. I haven't played it since 2000, but I remember it was a pretty awesome FPS.

The best PC version RPG series I've ever played was The Elder Scrolls series. The most recent one, Morrowind, was amazing.

Upvote 0