Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (24)

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
'' The Most Beautiful Flower''
This flower does not grow in the ground like other flowers. You must not look for it in the garden, the fields, the valleys, or on the mountains.

The soil in which it grows is the human heart.
When every person learns to love and serve Jesus and knows his joy, then he may say that the Rose of Sharon is growing in his heart.

This flower is sometimes found growing in the hearts of young people, the old as well as the young and the rich as well as the poor may have it; if they will.
There is no other flower like it in all the world.
Yes! Jesus is the Rose of Sharon, the most beautiful flower of them all.

Amen, doc. No wonder He is, and has been so drawn to, and loves, gardens so dearly.

08-2016012600082622.jpg

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Through faith I am now at peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Could you say that?
That is what it meant; or was it simply the pharse which was handed down
to you. You must know of your own heart and consciousness, that God has forgiven you.
And if you do get consciousness, that moment of your life will be marked in your memory.
It will go deeply in your nature.
That it will be impossible for you to forget it.
"And the peace of God, which transcends all our powers of thought, will be a garrison to guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7)

Peace that passes understanding is the deep thickness of His protective love around us and that can transcends any thought that threatens to disturb or dispute His love.

^^ that very much ties in with your bible verse brinny

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"And the peace of God, which transcends all our powers of thought, will be a garrison to guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7)

Peace that passes understanding is the deep thickness of His protective love around us and that can transcends any thought that threatens to disturb or dispute His love.

^^ that very much ties in with your bible verse brinny

Thank you, it does, beautifully.

Thank you for sharing that precious verse.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My New Body
The new body that I am going to have will not be passed down through failing man. It will be given to me from God
It is not going to be subject to pain, fatigue or other things I have experienced
in this body. It will be a perfect body direct from God.

In 2 Corinthians, Paul calls this present body a tent.
You never think of a tent as a permanent place to live. If you have to live in a tent. It is acceptable for a short time but not as a regular dwelling.
It is so much better to move out of the tent into a real house.

God is planning to redeem us completely.
This redemption includes not just a redeem body but a new body.
I want to live the kind of life God wants me to live.
There is no problem with my heart and mind. My problem is that my body keeps dragging me down. I cannot be all that I want to be, so I groan.

I am waiting for the day of redemption when God lays claim to what is his.
He is going to say, "You have been bought with a price - the shed blood of Jesus."
He is going to release my soul and spirit from my body and immediately incorporate it into that new body which is from heaven.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My New Body
The new body that I am going to have will not be passed down through failing man. It will be given to me from God
It is not going to be subject to pain, fatigue or other things I have experienced
in this body. It will be a perfect body direct from God.

In 2 Corinthians, Paul calls this present body a tent.
You never think of a tent as a permanent place to live. If you have to live in a tent. It is acceptable for a short time but not as a regular dwelling.
It is so much better to move out of the tent into a real house.

God is planning to redeem us completely.
This redemption includes not just a redeem body but a new body.
I want to live the kind of life God wants me to live.
There is no problem with my heart and mind. My problem is that my body keeps dragging me down. I cannot be all that I want to be, so I groan.

I am waiting for the day of redemption when God lays claim to what is his.
He is going to say, "You have been bought with a price - the shed blood of Jesus."
He is going to release my soul and spirit from my body and immediately incorporate it into that new body which is from heaven.

That is an astute comparison, for it is true that our "earthen vessels" are temporal, and our time in them are but a "blip" in the eternal scheme of things. A tent is a very descript comparison, doc.

There will be a day when we will see our precious Redeemer, face to face, when we will be in our new, forever bodies, as He rejoices over us with singing, and a big ol' celebration commences.

Praise God!!!!!

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
" At breaking point "
My soul is in anguish.... Turn O Lord, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love ... I am worn out with groaning; all night long I flood my bed with tears... away from me all you who do evil, for the Lord has heard my weeping.
The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; The Lord accepts my prayer.
( Psalm 6:3, 4, 6, 8, 9 )

Some people think Christians should have permanent smiles on their faces.
Of course, joy is very important part of a Christian experience. But in my own life there have been times of depression too. This may happen because I felt rejected or because of failure after some thing I planned didn't work out, because I am exhausted.

Whatever the reason, I know moments of blackness when I soak my pillow with tears. But it is in those moments of anguish that I dicovered this;
If I cry out to the Lord, he comes to where I am and leads me through the darkness and back into the light and joy.
It doesn't always happen right away, but a cry from the heart to God never goes unanswered.

While reading this. think about these words ; There's no telling what God can do with a broken heart, provided he gets all the pieces.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"Lord, in the quiet hour before sleep I turn to you. I reflect on this day, on what I have done, and what I have failed to do.

If I have done any good today, it was when I gave myself up to your will, and allowed you to work in me. All my efforts would be in vain, were it not for the few that had their beginning in you, and that you brought to completion.

I acknowledge the failings of this day: misdeeds I have done, words I have spoken that cannot be taken back, opportunities for good that I have let pass. I do not take for granted your mercy to me. I acknowledge that I do not deserve it. But you have shown me in countless ways the greatness of your love. And so I commend myself to your mercy, and ask forgiveness for my sins.

I do not fear the night, for you are with me. I place my trust in you, and I commend my spirit into your care."

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
God places only one condition on his love: that we love others as he loves us.
We cannot approach God if we refuse to approach our brothers and sisters.
The burden of our own wrongdoing will not be overlooked unless we forgive the wrongs done to us by others.
We cannot be reconciled with God until we are reconciled with one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Meditate on Your Precepts...
"I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways." Psalm 119:15
What joy is ours when we meditate on the precepts of God and consider His ways. Webster’s Dictionary defines meditate in this way, "to contemplate or reflect on for a period of time" and the word consider, "to think carefully about."
When we contemplate and reflect on the laws that God gives us, we realize that they give us direction and share with us God’s wisdom.
For the Father, above all others, knows where the road we are upon leads.
His direction will be exactly what we need to help us to arrive at our destination.

When we think carefully about God’s ways, we will find ourselves high up in the mountaintop and assured of reaching our destination, despite the sneering of the world.
Let us this day with joy in our hearts meditate on His precepts and consider His ways, for they are good.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Lord, in the quiet hour before sleep I turn to you. I reflect on this day, on what I have done, and what I have failed to do.

If I have done any good today, it was when I gave myself up to your will, and allowed you to work in me. All my efforts would be in vain, were it not for the few that had their beginning in you, and that you brought to completion.

I acknowledge the failings of this day: misdeeds I have done, words I have spoken that cannot be taken back, opportunities for good that I have let pass. I do not take for granted your mercy to me. I acknowledge that I do not deserve it. But you have shown me in countless ways the greatness of your love. And so I commend myself to your mercy, and ask forgiveness for my sins.

I do not fear the night, for you are with me. I place my trust in you, and I commend my spirit into your care."

Amen my friend (((hug)))

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
(Proverbs 2:6-8) For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.

(

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When we pray, God is not concerned about the posture of your body.
I don't think the Lord cares whether you pray kneeling, sitting, standing, lying down, walking, or whatever.
God is more concerned about the posture of the heart.
Whether we kneel physically or not, we should always be kneeling before Him in our hearts as we acknowledge His glory, His greatness and His wonder.
So, regardless of the posture of the body, just be sure you come before the Lord in prayer on a regular basis.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When we pray, God is not concerned about the posture of your body.
I don't think the Lord cares whether you pray kneeling, sitting, standing, lying down, walking, or whatever.
God is more concerned about the posture of the heart.
Whether we kneel physically or not, we should always be kneeling before Him in our hearts as we acknowledge His glory, His greatness and His wonder.
So, regardless of the posture of the body, just be sure you come before the Lord in prayer on a regular basis.

Such a precious and wise insight my friend.

A wunnerful meditation and celebration for me today.

Delightful.

Amen.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When was the last time you expressed your love t God?
God wants to hear from you. God wants to hear that you love him.
When was the last time you told Jesus that you loved him?
It would do you good if you would just in the depths of your heart get alone somewhere with Jesus Christ.
I suggest that you get alone with Jesus and speak love words to him.
Shower him with love and tell hm how much you love him, how much you love him for saving you, how much you love him for letting you serve him, how much you love him for sparing your life, and how much you love him for giving you every blessing you have.

When was the last time you laid bare your emotions before the Lord Jesus Christ, and could say from the depths of your heart,
My Jesus I love thee, I know thow art mine
For thee all the follies of sin I resign; My gracious Redeemer, my Savior at thou;
If ever I love thee, my Jesus tis now.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Being thankful
That is to be your attitude toward others.
Believers are challenged to look at their loved ones, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and acquaintances with a spirit of gratefulness.

Know that as you read this, someone is giving thanks for you, for God's work in your life and for what you mean to the people around you.
You are also called to give thanks for those you know.
Even if those people are difficult, you can praise God that He is teaching you through them.

You will be amazed at how much God will bless you, making your love for them and for him grow through your thankfulness.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Exodus 3:12
"And God said, 'I will be with you.'"
The one thing Moses needed to fully believe in his heart was that he was not alone. He needed to understand that God would always be at his side.

When Jesus spoke His final commands, He said, "Go and make disciples of all nations" Jesus didn't need to remind His followers how to present the gospel message or how to fight discouragement - He simply said, "And surely I am with you always" .

When we answer God's call, we can be assured we have (or will be provided) adequate ability. God NEVER calls without also providing the tools to accomplish everything in His plan.
But even with all the tools, we're often filled with doubts and fears, uncertain of our next step. And yet, we WILL step.
We will continue to step along the path of the world or we will trust God and step out with Him in faith.

Today, as with every day, we must make a choice. As we choose which way to step, let's remember our Heavenly Father is by our side to love us and guide us along His path. Let's remember He has called, equipped, and given us His promise: "I will be with you always!"

Upvote 0