Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (24)

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In our sound-byte world, far too many words are spoken in
pledge to God that go unfulfilled.
Let's thank him, praise him, and petition him.
But let's also realize that, while our prayers need to be persistent,
our words don't need to be elaborate or refined, just few in number.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Let me put this very simply, when God makes a promise, He has no need to repeat Himself, His promises are good forever.

He Has Promised To Save Us - When a lost sinner comes to Jesus by faith, he is saved by grace and prepared for Heaven.
This a promise that will never change!
Don't let the devil play mind games with you. If you have trusted Jesus Christ for salvation, as the Bible teaches, then you are saved and going to Heaven.
If not, then you need to be saved, and please understand that Jesus will save your soul,

He Has Promised To Supply Us - Again, the promise is clear, God will take care of you! He may not maintain your standard of living, but He will meet your needs.
When you have finished your journey, you will never be able to honestly say that the Lord ever let you down!

Why does it seem, that most Christians are unsatisfied?
Why are they always looking for something else?
Many have never learned the secret to genuine contentment. Most Christians think that they have to have things to satisfy them. They have never learned to be happy with Jesus and what He can give.
It would do us all well to remember that in Jesus we find all we need. He knows our needs and will take care of the things which we lack.

He Has Promised To Secure Us - There is no doctrine more precious to the saints of God than the doctrine of our eternal security in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Simply stated, if you have ever been saved, then you will ever be saved! Jesus didn't save you to abandon you along the way. He saved you to take you to Heaven as a trophy of grace and as a part of His body. He will ever keep His saints until they arrive safely home in glory.
I wonder how people believe that a God who can't keep them can save them? It takes more power to save to begin with than it does to keep one saved. Because, in salvation, God justifies the sinner. He declares us righteous, putting away all our sins, past, present and future!

He Has Promised To Sustain Us - By this, I mean is that God has promised to give us grace along the way. Please know that no matter what you are called upon to face in life, you can face it with the assurance that Jesus will always be there.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We easily speak and sing of God's greatness.
We readily join with the Psalmist as he proclaims, "Great is our God and greatly to be praised; His greatness no one can fathom!"
Yet, no sooner have we proclaimed this than we are angry with God because He isn't working the way we want or expect.
We do not deny He is great. We just want Him to work according to ways that we can understand.
We want His timing and methods to fit our logic, our reason. We want Him to be God - All Powerful, All Knowing, Omnipresent - but in accordance with human logic and reason.
We want to be able to figure out His way and timing.
Even more, we want to dictate His way and timing

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When was the last time you expressed your love t God?
God wants to hear from you. God wants to hear that you love him.
When was the last time you told Jesus that you loved him?
It would do you good if you would just in the depths of your heart get alone somewhere with Jesus Christ.
I suggest that you get alone with Jesus and speak love words to him.
Shower him with love and tell hm how much you love him, how much you love him for saving you, how much you love him for letting you serve him, how much you love him for sparing your life, and how much you love him for giving you every blessing you have.

When was the last time you laid bare your emotions before the Lord Jesus Christ, and could say from the depths of your heart,
My Jesus I love thee, I know thow art mine
For thee all the follies of sin I resign; My gracious Redeemer, my Savior at thou;
If ever I love thee, my Jesus tis now.

This is precious, and a very timely read and meditation for me today, doc. i've just been through a "tunnel" of sorts, and rather "numb" which leaves by the wayside any mentioning to our precious Father, that i love Him and DELIGHT in Him. As a consequence i become depleted and as dry as a desert with no peace or joy.

He changed it early this morning when i just happened to see a Bible verse that was akin to God opening curtains and flooding my heart and mind and soul with His glorious Light.

Then came the joy (His), filling me to overflowing and THERE it was, the "delight" in Him that i had neglected and as it were, allowed to gather dust, so to speak.

i REMEMBERED by His unction, that i DO DELIGHT in Him, and His Word.

It was a prayer of mine.

And it is, once again.

The verse:

"Open my eyes to see wonderful things in Your Word." ~Psalm 119:18

Reminds me of this verse:

" Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jeremiah 33:3

gifts_5.jpg

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Praying Scripture

The God of peace

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will

You call me to be complete, be of good comfort, be of one mind, to live in peace; and You, the God of love and peace, are with me.
By grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is Your gift to me, Lord God, not of works, least I should boast. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You.

I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is you, Lord God, who works in me both to will and to do for Your good pleasure.
I can be transformed by the renewing of my mind, that I may prove what is Your good and acceptable and perfect will.
May I be filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to Your glory and praise.
Not that I am sufficient of myself to think of anything as being from me, but my sufficiency is from God.

Lord, fill me with Your grace
so You can use me in Your kingdom

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
We are amazed at the vastness of God's reach, the awesome
breadth of his power, and the glorious sweep of his majesty.
An additional truth, incredible as it may seem, is God's personal
nearness to us.
He chooses to know us and be actively involved in
the trials and triumphs we face each day.
How will today, or tomorrow, be different because you are aware of his presence and companionship?
What difference does it make to know he supports you
when your foot slips or that his consolation is nearby when anxiety
rises?

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
PRAYER:
Loving God, who is everywhere yet always near, please hear my
heart.
I am overwhelmed at your presence near me and within me.
The comfort you bring when I am under siege, the strength you offer
when I am weak, the courage you give when I am under attack, and
the hope you instill when all seems hopeless -- these gifts of your
presence are precious to me.
Without your presence I would not know where to go or why I am here.
Thank you for knowing me.
I look forward to knowing you one day as you know me today.
In Jesus' name
I pray. Amen.

[

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
+
✟21,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is precious, and a very timely read and meditation for me today, doc. i've just been through a "tunnel" of sorts, and rather "numb" which leaves by the wayside any mentioning to our precious Father, that i love Him and DELIGHT in Him. As a consequence i become depleted and as dry as a desert with no peace or joy.

He changed it early this morning when i just happened to see a Bible verse that was akin to God opening curtains and flooding my heart and mind and soul with His glorious Light.

Then came the joy (His), filling me to overflowing and THERE it was, the "delight" in Him that i had neglected and as it were, allowed to gather dust, so to speak.

i REMEMBERED by His unction, that i DO DELIGHT in Him, and His Word.

It was a prayer of mine.

And it is, once again.

The verse:

"Open my eyes to see wonderful things in Your Word." ~Psalm 119:18

Reminds me of this verse:

" Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." ~Jeremiah 33:3

gifts_5.jpg

And Psalm 91: (14-16)

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying Scripture

The God of peace

Make you perfect in every good work to do his will

You call me to be complete, be of good comfort, be of one mind, to live in peace; and You, the God of love and peace, are with me.
By grace I have been saved through faith, and that not of myself; it is Your gift to me, Lord God, not of works, least I should boast. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from You.

I work out my own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is you, Lord God, who works in me both to will and to do for Your good pleasure.
I can be transformed by the renewing of my mind, that I may prove what is Your good and acceptable and perfect will.
May I be filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to Your glory and praise.
Not that I am sufficient of myself to think of anything as being from me, but my sufficiency is from God.

Lord, fill me with Your grace
so You can use me in Your kingdom

Amen doc, praying in agreement with you for you, and me, and all of our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
PRAYER:
Loving God, who is everywhere yet always near, please hear my
heart.
I am overwhelmed at your presence near me and within me.
The comfort you bring when I am under siege, the strength you offer
when I am weak, the courage you give when I am under attack, and
the hope you instill when all seems hopeless -- these gifts of your
presence are precious to me.
Without your presence I would not know where to go or why I am here.
Thank you for knowing me.
I look forward to knowing you one day as you know me today.
In Jesus' name
I pray. Amen.

[

Precious.

Amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
And Psalm 91: (14-16)

Thank you, and amen.

Praise God!!

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation." ~Psalm 91:14-16

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible tells us that the people perish "where there is no vision".
What God needs in these last days, more than ever, is a people sold out to Him, not afraid to dream big dreams and have total faith in Him.
Every day people die and will be forever separated from God because they do not know Christ as their Savior.
Every day people all over the world are dealing with the trials and tribulations of everyday life, hurting, without hope because they do not know Jesus.
God has called us to be the light to this dark world.
We must allow Him to use our lives to be that light in the midst of the darkness so many live in.
That is what He asks me to do each day, and what He asks you to do each day.
As we are faithful over a little, "He makes us ruler over much". He will use our lives to whatever degree we allow Him to use us.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand." Ps 37:23-24

It’s true! You can’t keep a good man or woman down for long. Keep your eyes open and you will certainly see what I am talking about.

Do you know someone who is seeking the Lord with all his heart and is kind and generous to others?
Does he continue to bless and help even when he could retaliate with vengeance at times and not be blamed by most of the world?

Watch that person carefully for a few months and you will see God keeping His Word in his life and if you are bold enough to believe the above scripture, accept the Lords sacrifice and walk in His Word,
He will keep this Word in your life too.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
When all is said and done, what matters most?
What really matters is that we are not separated from God.
Do we know God?
Does he know us?
Have we shut him out of our lives? Or have we let him in?
Through knowing him, he produces in us a changing perspective and gives us hope. Through being in a relationship with him, we can have peace in the midst of all circumstances.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
When all is said and done, what matters most?
What really matters is that we are not separated from God.
Do we know God?
Does he know us?
Have we shut him out of our lives? Or have we let him in?
Through knowing him, he produces in us a changing perspective and gives us hope. Through being in a relationship with him, we can have peace in the midst of all circumstances.

Amen, doc. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟335,689.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and He delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand." Ps 37:23-24

It’s true! You can’t keep a good man or woman down for long. Keep your eyes open and you will certainly see what I am talking about.

Do you know someone who is seeking the Lord with all his heart and is kind and generous to others?
Does he continue to bless and help even when he could retaliate with vengeance at times and not be blamed by most of the world?

Watch that person carefully for a few months and you will see God keeping His Word in his life and if you are bold enough to believe the above scripture, accept the Lords sacrifice and walk in His Word,
He will keep this Word in your life too.
Well said Doc :hug:s

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As members of the family of God.
It is our duty to put on the family likeness by walking as obedient children,
and in full yieldedness to the Holy Spirit.
Only as we are flexable in His hands may we be victorious in our walk, sincere in our worship or successful in our work.
Amen, dear friend.(((hug))) :heart:

Upvote 0