Fellowshipping & Praise the Lord with Doc329 (24)

God's Child

Psalm 23
Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ever day there are many books coming out to read and some of the religious books are very good. I have been thinking that perhaps the followers of Christ sometimes allow this religious literature to take their attention from God's Word and that there may not be much Bible reading as there should be.

You go to the store and you get mineral waters, but you have noticed that they are not as fresh or sparkling or healthful as when you get them from their source.
Getting them right where they bubble from the rock. And I have noticed the same thing in regard to the truth of the gospel.

While there is a good deal of the refreshment and health of the gospel of God as it comes through good books. I find it is better when I come to the Eternal Rock of God's Word and drink from the fountain that bubbles up fresh and pure to the life, the refreshment, the health of the Soul
I love Christian Fiction but do agree that it can take away from reading God's holy word. I have been guilty of this a time or two. I have to make sure there is balance and always time spent in His Word so I can continue to grow in the Faith and learn.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes, I get stumped when I go to prepare a message.
I may labor over it for days and still not get very far.
I feel dumb at times.
But when I do well, I know where the inspiration comes from. I know where the insight comes from.
I know where the good thoughts come from.

James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father…”

If we have anything good in our lives, talent, material blessings, whatever, it comes from God.
He gives us nothing but good stuff in life.
Don’t ever forget it!
Always consider the source of your blessings.
Be humble.
You are not the author of your good.
The Lord is.

Upvote 0

Riverwest

May 14, 2016
uk
✟8,347.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is my strength, i love God very much. Here is one of my favorite scriptures.

Isaiah 41:10King James Version (KJV)
10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
There are many people in this world who we could say is very kind.
If we stop and think about it, we can see some kindness in each and everyone of us.

As we look at the present and the past, I would say," That Jesus was the kindness man who ever lived." It is said that no other in history, that, if all the deeds of kindness that he did in three short years were written, the world could not contain the books. ( John 21:25 ) Jesus talked a great deal about kindness.
Nothing fancy, just the plain old fashioned every day habit of common kindness.

Our kindness will not save us only Jesus can save us. Jesus put so much stress on this thing of kindness that he identifies himself with those who need it and it tells us that we cannot be friends with him and at the same time be indifferent to the suffering.

He intimates that heaven will be inhabited by those who have learned how to be kind, and only kind, and always kind.
Jesus came to build a world of things like himself, and when completed no others will be there.
He also states that there are going to be some surprises in the Day of Judgment.

Some who have been accustomed to think of themselves as very religious are going to find out, after it is too late, that they have been altogether overlooking the things the recording angels have been taken down.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes, I get stumped when I go to prepare a message.
I may labor over it for days and still not get very far.
I feel dumb at times.
But when I do well, I know where the inspiration comes from. I know where the insight comes from.
I know where the good thoughts come from.

James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father…”

If we have anything good in our lives, talent, material blessings, whatever, it comes from God.
He gives us nothing but good stuff in life.
Don’t ever forget it!
Always consider the source of your blessings.
Be humble.
You are not the author of your good.
The Lord is.

Amen, doc!!

My dear friend, you are a blessing to me and ev'ry one just by your "presence" alone. Tell us if the grass has stopped growing, the leaves are starting to turn yet, or twirl to the ground, if you've had to turn the heat on yet (it's been downright cold these last few nights), or if your tea kettle is whistling up a storm.

Your Biblical insights and sharing God's heart with me and so many others is precious too.

So, howz the weather there, my friend?

By the way, speaking of the weather and God's creation, here's something i find delightful.

:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
.....i can't post images on the profile pages, so i'm gonna post here:

What's up doc?

bugs-bunny-06.jpg

:D

Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Through faith I am now at peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Could you say that?
That is what it meant; or was it simply the pharse which was handed down
to you. You must know of your own heart and consciousness, that God has forgiven you.
And if you do get consciousness, that moment of your life will be marked in your memory.
It will go deeply in your nature.
That it will be impossible for you to forget it.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Through faith I am now at peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Could you say that?
That is what it meant; or was it simply the pharse which was handed down
to you. You must know of your own heart and consciousness, that God has forgiven you.
And if you do get consciousness, that moment of your life will be marked in your memory.
It will go deeply in your nature.
That it will be impossible for you to forget it.

i'm eternally thankful that HIS inexplicable grace and peace wins out even in the midst of the most dire and anxious of times. He is sooooo utterly faithful through all of it. He is such a GOOD God.

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doc329

In His Service
Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
As members of the family of God.
It is our duty to put on the family likeness by walking as obedient children,
and in full yieldedness to the Holy Spirit.
Only as we are flexable in His hands may we be victorious in our walk, sincere in our worship or successful in our work.

• Winner
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As members of the family of God.
It is our duty to put on the family likeness by walking as obedient children,
and in full yieldedness to the Holy Spirit.
Only as we are flexable in His hands may we be victorious in our walk, sincere in our worship or successful in our work.

Amen, doc.

As i think about it, that is the only way we can truly "walk with Him", and that is if we truly yield fully to Him.

Reminds me of this precious verse:

487353844-Micah_6-8.jpg

Reactions: doc329
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
'' The Most Beautiful Flower''
This flower does not grow in the ground like other flowers. You must not look for it in the garden, the fields, the valleys, or on the mountains.

The soil in which it grows is the human heart.
When every person learns to love and serve Jesus and knows his joy, then he may say that the Rose of Sharon is growing in his heart.

This flower is sometimes found growing in the hearts of young people, the old as well as the young and the rich as well as the poor may have it; if they will.
There is no other flower like it in all the world.
Yes! Jesus is the Rose of Sharon, the most beautiful flower of them all.

• Winner
Upvote 0