Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand that our relationship with God is secure and unchanging as it is based on the cross

I understand that our fellowship with God is dependant on obedience, prayer, bible reading/study

I also understand that inevitably we sin every day. The bible says that God cant be in the presence of sin, or look upon sin, so I imagine that when I sin, Gods presence flees from me and it takes weeks to restore the fellowship, or is it just my conscience that fools me into thinking he has abandoned me? probably the latter

anyway.

lets imagine someone has a relatively stable fellowship with God, but also has a weakness in the area of sexual immorality...lets imagine they find themselves in a compromising position with a female and end up kissing them and groping them...but then they stop and ask the girl to leave and apologise for not treating them like a sister

does the fact that they didnt go further please God? or is God already furious with them?

can someone in this situation immediately re enter into Gods presence and peace?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I also understand that inevitably we sin every day.
What do you base this on ?

can someone in this situation immediately re enter into Gods presence and peace?
This is up to God.
King David, though not an adulterer , did commit adultery, (learn the difference in God's Word),
as there are NO ADULTERERS in heaven (remember from Revelation).
King David's sorrow, and repentance, as far as I remember was over a period of 2 years or more. No matter if less, or more.
It was true repentance, and restoration in YHWH'S PLAN and YHWH'S PURPOSE and YHWH'S FELLOWSHIP - as a man YHWH HIMSELF DECLARED "a man after God's Own Heart" and Righteous and Faithful....

Restoration to fellowship with God and with ekklesia may take time , or may be "instant" upon repentance.

It is awkward it [also] seems, because so many assemblies live in a continuing state of sin, without repentance, and do not require any repentance nor change of life ..... thus thwarting the testimony of the Bible and of Jesus.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand that our relationship with God is secure and unchanging as it is based on the cross

I understand that our fellowship with God is dependant on obedience, prayer, bible reading/study

I also understand that inevitably we sin every day. The bible says that God cant be in the presence of sin, or look upon sin, so I imagine that when I sin, Gods presence flees from me and it takes weeks to restore the fellowship, or is it just my conscience that fools me into thinking he has abandoned me? probably the latter

anyway.

lets imagine someone has a relatively stable fellowship with God, but also has a weakness in the area of sexual immorality...lets imagine they find themselves in a compromising position with a female and end up kissing them and groping them...but then they stop and ask the girl to leave and apologise for not treating them like a sister

does the fact that they didnt go further please God? or is God already furious with them?

Ok so a bit to digest here so let's look at it like this.

God is not some fidgety dove that scatters at the first hint of disturbance. He is Holy and as such he cannot look at sin, but his presence doesn't disappear when we sin. Our sin may hide us from him, but it doesn't cause him to run in terror or disgust.

He loved us before we were his children, bound in sin, disobedient and even enemies. What makes anyone think now that we are his children he will treat us with scorn or wrath? No, now that we belong to him, his love overwhelmingly is for us.

This is what we call, humanizing God. This idea that I have to earn God's presence after sin, which can take "weeks" as you called it. All God says is to confess your sin and he will forgive you and you can go right back to dwelling in his presence. No timeframe needed because it is instantaneous. We may not feel like we are worthy. We may feel as though we need a rehabilitation period, but the second you confess any sin and ask for forgiveness he forgives you and enables fellowship again.

This doesn't mean we can just sin, confess and go on living like that. Such love! Such mercy! Such grace! Should cause us to forsake sin all the more and want to live in a way that we should never have to confess sin. But if we do sin, he is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
OP, you need to turn to God and ask for forgiveness. I would not second guess how God would be. We all sin and we all need to turn to God and repent.

I have been in a similar situation. Almost committed adultery for the 100th time (with the same person) only to turn away at the last moment. Other times I have not turned and gone headlong into sin!

• Prayers
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
How to receive the Holy Spirit in metaphor to the Hebrew temple.

1. Outer Gates - Faith - We enter in by faith
2. Altar - Salvation - Christ is our sacrifice
3. Laver - "Sanctification makes us pure in heart" - William Seymour - Architect of this doctrine
4. Table of Shewbread - Growing daily in the Word of God - I prefer the KJV
5. Lampstand - Menorah - Christian character, grace, fruit, etc.
6. Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and praise
7. Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism in the Holy Spirit *William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

It is in the Holy of Holies where God spoke to Moses...

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too!

If your persistenly seeking these things I believe you would be so occupied that you would not have time to partake in the interests of sin or sexual immorality.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you base this on ?

Ive always believed that we sin every day, if not in deed then in thought, have you ever gone a day without having any sinful thoughts?

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive always believed that we sin every day, if not in deed then in thought, have you ever gone a day without having any sinful thoughts?

Thoughts are not inherently sinful.

Most thoughts are temptations. It is when you allow the thought to enter the heart or take action on said thought that it gives birth to sin.

It is entirely possible to go a day without sinning. You cannot look at things like this is sin, that is sin, etc. the Holy Spirit is given to everyone to convict them of sin and lead them on to righteousness. Listen to the Holy Spirit within. He will tell you if you are being tempted, when you have sinned, and when to repent.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We always have the flesh (natural man), so we will sin (indulge self) as God shows. A true "born again" believer in Christ is forgiven in STANDING (becomes a "child of God"), but needs daily repentance for forgiving of sins to manage our STATE. We need to see this difference in the New Testament.

It is somewhat like our natural family relations, where we are MADE a member of a family by birth and need to humble self and repent to be RESTORED at times. See 1 Jn. 1:9-10 given for real believers to understand this. If one regularly sins it is a good indication they are NOT "born again" in this spiritual family, and God calls that "bastards" which means is not a true legitimate member.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Ive always believed that we sin every day
That's what you said at first.

WHat "authority" do you base this on ? I know a lot of different religion(s) leaders say such things, and a lot of multitudes might believe it because they say it,

but is there any real authority that states this, or do you just "feel" like believing it?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
That's what you said at first.

WHat "authority" do you base this on ? I know a lot of different religion(s) leaders say such things, and a lot of multitudes might believe it because they say it,

but is there any real authority that states this, or do you just "feel" like believing it?

It's in God's Word. It is written that if we say that we do not sin, that we are liars.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It's in God's Word. It is written that if we say that we do not sin, that we are liars.
Sorry, that is not what the poster posted and not what I asked about.

Look again at what he posted - it is not what Scripture says. (as someone else pointed out in a recent post)

• Prayers
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sorry, that is not what the poster posted and not what I asked about.

Look again at what he posted - it is not what Scripture says. (as someone else pointed out in a recent post)

I read both.

The bottom line is that each and every one of us sin, every day.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

anyway.

does the fact that they didn't go further please God? or is God already furious with them?

I do not think God ever abandons us. In the example you gave, I feel God is pleased that it did not go further. I don't believe he would be furious.

Upvote 0

Aleksandros

May 17, 2017
Bangalore
✟28,296.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It would I think depend on the sin - but most sins would not take weeks; and to expect it to take weeks, days, hours, anything, is setting yourself up for trouble, brother.

Except for serious sins such as the one described in your post, I do not think the Lord would distance Himself from you for a significant period of time.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I read both.

The bottom line is that each and every one of us sin, every day.
If you read both, then kindly describe the difference in what was posted, what was questioned and then what you posted. Thank you.

Note that what you posted (what you claimed is in God's Word) is not what is written in Scripture.

That's the bottom line -- what is written in Scripture.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If you read both, then kindly describe the difference in what was posted, what was questioned and then what you posted. Thank you.

Note that what you posted (what you claimed is in God's Word) is not what is written in Scripture.

That's the bottom line -- what is written in Scripture.

Sure. The OP stated that we sin every day. I agree. We do. You objected to that statement, did you not.

The bottom line is that yes, it is written that if we claim that we do not sin, the Truth is not in us. I will be more happy to post the verse/scripture that i have in mind:

"If we say, "We have no sin," we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. " ~I John 1:8

• Prayers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Sure. The OP stated that we sin every day. I agree. We do. You objected to that statement, did you not.
Good to this point ! ooops ! no - not quite - I agree you sin every day.
No problem with that statement.

Next - show in Scripture where it says everyone sins every day. No one has shown that yet.

In fact, there are probably dozens if not hundreds or even thousands of posters, members, readers, and visitors

that have already posted that not everyone sins every day.

So , again, WHERE is it written that everyone sins every day ??

• Prayers
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bottom line is that yes, it is written that if we claim that we do not sin, the Truth is not in us. I will be more happy to post the verse/scripture that i have in mind:

"If we say, "We have no sin," we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. " ~I John 1:8
Jesus commanded us to Be ye Perfect. Do you think it is possible to sin everyday and be perfect at the same time? If not, do you think Jesus was commanding us to do something that isnt possible?

I believe that the belief in the impossibility of not-sinning, is one of the causes of sin.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who studies the Bible knows that man is born in sin and naturally does it, as I said earlier here ---it is shown everywhere (especially much in Romans ---note Rom. 14:23). Even the thought of foolishness is sin, God says: Psa. 24:9. See such as Psa. 51:5; Ezek. 18:4; John 8:7. How could any Bible reader miss this?

Yes, there are degrees of sin, but that basic nature must be dealt with before the holiness of our holy God by both lost sinners and by saved sinners. This speaks of our standing and also state before God ---an important subject to understand.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I also understand that inevitably we sin every day.
As noted a few times just in this thread, the BIBLE never says believers are supposed to sin, nor required to sin, nor "inevitably" sin every day.
That is not found in the BIBLE,
though it did creep into creepy religion(s) teaching(s) long before any of us were even born.

I imagine that when I sin, Gods presence flees from me and it takes weeks to restore the fellowship, or is it just my conscience that fools me into thinking he has abandoned me? probably the latter
Check out some day soon, when it is that the GOOD SHEPHERD JESUS flees from the sheep - from His Own Sheep. I don't see that anywhere in Scripture.

Our consciences, or our minds, or false teachers, can convince multitudes that God has abandoned them, or maybe "might abandon them", different from Scripture,

and that might actually be taught to billions of souls in order to get more money or time or power over them.

Keep short accounts - as written , yes as written IN SCRIPTURE --- if you sin,
IF we sin, REPENT quickly, and "go and sin no more",
even 7 times 70 times IN ONE HOUR ! ! ! (yes... potentially)....

YHWH is GRACIOUS and MERCIFUL, (read later when HE is unforgiving - and people must pay for their sins, or suffer His wrath , both , either or none )

Upvote 0