North Island
✟292,969.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Over the last few months I have started feeling unsettled in my church. I am not sure if me feeling something is wrong is actually because something is wrong or because I am unsettled personally. it is quite a big church but I feel unsettled in the small group I was going to aswell. I have recently not gone to this group for two weeks as something feels off. I dont know why I feel like this.

I have started looking at another church as I'm not sure if that is why I'm feeling like this - if maybe God is leading me somewhere else?

I dont know how to figure out why I feel like this.

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Over the last few months I have started feeling unsettled in my church. I am not sure if me feeling something is wrong is actually because something is wrong or because I am unsettled personally. it is quite a big church but I feel unsettled in the small group I was going to aswell. I have recently not gone to this group for two weeks as something feels off. I dont know why I feel like this.

I have started looking at another church as I'm not sure if that is why I'm feeling like this - if maybe God is leading me somewhere else?

I know of people who made a move to another congregation, and others the moved to another denomination and found that they were happier in a number of cases. They felt like God lead them to make the change.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟963,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is what I did when feeling similarly. I visited other congregations/denominations one Sunday a month while continuing to worship the other 3 Sundays where I felt unsettled. I was trying to find why I was unsettled and if I felt different anywhere else. In my case, I finally discerned that I felt like I wasn't truly worshipping where I was. One Sunday, I wandered in two a new church where I felt completely different. That one Sunday a month became two, then three, and then I realized I was invigorated and wanted to be part of that new thing. That was over 10 years ago now - one of the best decisions I ever made, but not necessarily the easiest.

Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Have you spent time praying and asking God to reveal what this may be? It could be that He is trying to alert you to something and trying to protect you from it. Have you been praying for the small group members? It could be secret sin that is affecting the lives of your group members. Secret sin has a public effect though it's done in secret. It's good to pray and seek God about these things. He can show you what it is through the power of the Holy Spirit. Addressing a situation through prayer is always a good answer.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Only Jesus can read your mind and motives. Corinthians chapter 3, the apostate broke away from the foundation of christ and formed denominations. Mabey, you realize denominations teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Amos chapter 8, were in time of famine. There's many hirelings who teach tradition of men. There's very few who tell you the truth. Proverbs chapter 15:14. The heart of him that hath understanding seeks knowledge: But the mouth of fools feed on foolishness.

Upvote 0