Feeling sorry for myself

Apr 11, 2011
✟2,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It's my birthday...and i wont be getting that phone call from my mom.
:cry:

First's are hard - i give you that.
My mom died on Dec 8th, 2007. When she died, I felt sadness, emptiness, guilt, and fear. When she died it seemed like the whole city died and my childhood had died. And the night felt very dark, cold and gloomy. We never get completely over it, but with time the memory of it starts to fade a little and happen less frequently.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Thanks everyone.

I know time is the answer to make it hurt less - but never completely. I still miss my dad after 16 years.
Tomorrow it will be one month since she passed. Mother's Day and my Birthday were the first holidays without her - both personal - and it is hard.
In time my siblings will know how it is. Even though time will have drifted some... my one sister's birthday is 3 days before my mums.

Anyway - these Holidays absolutely stink. I cant help it, i get super depressed.

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Happy birthday WarriorAngel.

I know how you feel. Since I was a kid I celebrated my birthdays without my Mom, later without my Dad, later without my sis.

It still takes the wind out of my sails. It will be nice if birthdays could be erased so I do not have to feel the loss so much.

Normally I feel awful most during Mother's day, Father's day. Thank God there is no Sister's day.

Gosh, if only I knew where the Reilly's Pub has gone. I can buy you a drink there.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyway - these Holidays absolutely stink. I cant help it, i get super depressed.

Yep, "shadow grief" (a name for what that grief is called after the original--it often "hits" at Holidays and at personal occassions) sucks.

My own mother, who has been gone since 2007 would get super nasty and depressed at Mother's Day and about a week out from *her* mom's birthday. (Even my own daughter would notice.) It'll get easier--I surely hope. :hug:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0