Ponte serrada
✟10,493.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm 17 years old and a few days ago I was falsely accused of stealing at school, the teacher quickly discovered that my classmate lied(security cameras)my classmate, but the student called his mother who is an acquaintance of my mother, anyway when I arrived at At home my mother immediately came to hit me, but I defended myself, I just blocked the attack, but she started crying saying I hit her, I didn't! She hasn't spoken to me in 3 days, what should I do?

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Apologize and try to be calm with her. Yeah, you didn't hit her, but she is in victim rage. Most of all
ask God to guide you on how to talk to her. Always honor her as your mother, even though you
are the actual victim. Remember, Christ was falsely accused too. Link your suffering with His.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2023
Ponte serrada
✟10,493.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Apologize and try to be calm with her. Yeah, you didn't hit her, but she is in victim rage. Most of all
ask God to guide you on how to talk to her. Always honor her as your mother, even though you
are the actual victim. Remember, Christ was falsely accused too. Link your suffering with His.
thanks for nothing

• Wow
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
thanks for nothing
I think you got a decent answer. You can defend yourself from attack but you also need to attempt to heal your relationships. It's not ALL on you but you do need to honor your mother as the Christian way. That does not mean you are a punching bag but it does mean not giving up on her either. The last part about linking your suffering with Jesus' suffering is profound. Life is hard and we will suffer. We can't escape every hardship in life. But we can offer it up in union with the suffering of Jesus. That makes our suffering redemptive instead of just empty suffering.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2023
Ponte serrada
✟10,493.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think you got a decent answer. You can defend yourself from attack but you also need to attempt to heal your relationships. It's not ALL on you but you do need to honor your mother as the Christian way. That does not mean you are a punching bag but it does mean not giving up on her either. The last part about linking your suffering with Jesus' suffering is profound. Life is hard and we will suffer. We can't escape every hardship in life. But we can offer it up in union with the suffering of Jesus. That makes our suffering redemptive instead of just empty suffering.
I'm always to blame for everything, you know what, I'm sorry for asking for help, and thank you for wasting your time on me

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm always to blame for everything, you know what, I'm sorry for asking for help, and thank you for wasting your time on me
The point was not that you were to blame but you need to attempt reconciliation with your mother. If you aren't ready for that then fine. If you want somebody to tell you to simply write your mother off, sorry but we can't do that here.

Upvote 0