Ponte serrada
✟10,493.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
5 months ago I made a terrible mistake, I cleaned the house and left it a little wet thinking that it would soon dry out and come to nothing.
Then my mother fell and hurt her knee and almost hit her head, she didn't fight with me which makes me feel even more guilty, I can't forgive myself and I don't know what to do

Reactions: Unqualified

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
5 months ago I made a terrible mistake, I cleaned the house and left it a little wet thinking that it would soon dry out and come to nothing.
Then my mother fell and hurt her knee and almost hit her head, she didn't fight with me which makes me feel even more guilty, I can't forgive myself and I don't know what to do
Well, you can't forgive yourself. But God can forgive you. Have you been to confession?

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With the best will in the world accidents happen. Put it down to experience and move on with life. You can't change the past and that's the long and short of it.

"Unqualified's" comment about a sign reminds me of a humorous incident years ago. I used to work in an establishment right next to what was then the "Wacol Prison Farm". We shared a wire fence with them.

It was low security and prisoners could literally walk off, which was a short sighted move on their part as they were eventually caught and put into a high security prison with a longer sentence.

But at one stage there was a whole spate of escapes, possibly following a riot in 1993. Anyway we were having a management meeting and the topic of the escapes next door came up. There was a moment of silence and then one of the managers said "They'll have to put up a sign on Wacol Station Road."

"Caution! Prisoners Crossing!"

Upvote 0

fide

Dec 9, 2012
✟127,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, you can't forgive yourself. But God can forgive you. Have you been to confession?
Granted that I may not "get around" very much, but I have seen/heard only one person, in many years on line, who has made this radical, unorthodox, insensitive if not cruel, renegade assertion: "you cannot forgive yourself." Now there are two of us. Thank you.

Upvote 0