Colorado
✟15,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I will be married for 16 years this July. We have three great kids. I am totally in love with my husband and, generally speaking, our marriage is happy & full-filling.... BUT.
He has a big sexual appetite which I willing try to fulfill. He just confessed to me today that he had purchased a mini video camera to film us. He had asked me before and I said no,... I don't feel comfortable doing with it. So his confession was that he was going to do film us secretly, without my knowledge or consent. I feel very violated and betrayed... how do I deal with this and move forward?

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the reason you are not comfortable with the idea because of your body image, meaning you don't view yourself as being attractive? Or what is the reason you are uncomfortable with it? I know we as women really look down on ourself, especially our bodies.

Upvote 0

Rachel_44

May 14, 2017
Colorado
✟15,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I pray in the name of Jesus that your naked body would not be recorded in any film.
Thank you... and it hasn't - the camera he ordeeed was never delivered; got lost in transit. I know God had a hand in it.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how do I deal with this and move forward?

You talk it out with him. Tell him exactly WHY you feel violated (which you haven't explained, btw). And give him a chance to explain why he wants to do it. You may find out that he really loves his wife, and before he's gonna go look at anything else, he wants to look at you. Then again, it could be something else. But "big sexual appetite" suggests he needs "you" even when you're not there.

Talk it out. When you fully understand his motivations, and he understands your uncomfortableness, then possibly you two can move forward.

This one won't be solved without very open communication, consideration and understanding.

Upvote 0

Mrs.Re

May 14, 2017
Covington
✟15,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I will be married for 16 years this July. We have three great kids. I am totally in love with my husband and, generally speaking, our marriage is happy & full-filling.... BUT.
He has a big sexual appetite which I willing try to fulfill. He just confessed to me today that he had purchased a mini video camera to film us. He had asked me before and I said no,... I don't feel comfortable doing with it. So his confession was that he was going to do film us secretly, without my knowledge or consent. I feel very violated and betrayed... how do I deal with this and move forward?
I would just feel like that is wrong, but mostly it's no longer U & your husband being intimate it's like performing.
I would just ask again to please respect U on this as if he would not want to be disregarded on a request.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I have mixed views on this.

I don't see anything wrong with recording your own selves per say. Assuming he is NOT showing it to anyone and keeps it VERY safe so no one can access it. Its not forbidden in marriage and spicing things up is always fun for those who actually are into that.

Though I will ask some questions. Do you not want him to do it because of maybe a body image issue/its uncomfortable or are you more afraid of the video ending up in someone elses hands? To be honest even if he says no one would see it, it doesn't mean accidents don't happen. Especially if hes doing with a device like a smartphone, camcorder....etc. Trust me as someone who works with technology, anything with a hard drive/storage in it, it can be accessed even if you think you deleted it. And when it comes to me repairing phones/PCs, sometimes I run across somethings on accident (like when they ask me to restore missing files). They are embarrassed because they forgot about things they had deleted. Or even may still have on the device but forgot about.

I won't get into my situation with my wife (we aren't into that stuff anyways really) but when we were away for a year after the honeymoon) waiting on a visa, we had things and I had to store them on something secured with a password in a locked safe that also had a password. And when we finally were together I not only deleted what was on the device, I smashed it into millions of pieces.

In other words theres really no reason to have that stuff if your together. I mean why look at something when you have the actual person with you? Again, unless someones into that stuff.

Again he should respect your view on it. And I'd ask him why is it he wants to record it anyways? Is it to watch with you? Or alone (which means hes doing stuff without you...if you know what I mean)? Because unless he is wanting to watch it with you, why else record it? Unless he does have terrible intentions to share it with someone else.

If he insists on recording it then I'd just not have sex anymore. Granted I don't believe in refusing something like sex but if you can't trust him then you don't really have a choice. Though you could try counseling.

Also, not that I want to make you paranoid but I'd look for cameras in your bedroom. Here are is just a TINY idea of what hidden cams look like today. If you see a tiny hole in anything shine a light into it, if it reflects then its a lens. There should be no holes really unless its for a screw, nail...etc.
CamExamples.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums