Feelin' depressed

Dec 9, 2006
✟35,466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To make a long story short, I've been trying to rekindle a friendship but I don't think it's working out. :sigh: The relationship seems to be very one-sided with me doing most of the phone calling. The last few times I've called, she isn't answering or returning my messages I left. I know we have all busy lives but at one point in our lives, we were like sisters. Now, it's like we barely know each other and the times I've hung out with her occassionally in recent months, it's like she doesn't say much to me but doesn't want to say anything to hurt my feelings. I'd leave the friendship open but I'm beginning to think I'm just wasting my time trying to be her friend when she doesn't really want to.

SunMessenger

Devoted To The Holy Spirit Of God
Apr 27, 2006
New England
✟202,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To make a long story short, I've been trying to rekindle a friendship but I don't think it's working out. :sigh: The relationship seems to be very one-sided with me doing most of the phone calling. The last few times I've called, she isn't answering or returning my messages I left. I know we have all busy lives but at one point in our lives, we were like sisters. Now, it's like we barely know each other and the times I've hung out with her occassionally in recent months, it's like she doesn't say much to me but doesn't want to say anything to hurt my feelings. I'd leave the friendship open but I'm beginning to think I'm just wasting my time trying to be her friend when she doesn't really want to.

Praying for you, sister
May God guide you and give you peace.

cross.gif

We Stand In Agreement And Lift This Matter To You Father In Jesus Name
Holy Father I Kneel Before You In The Spirit Of Humility. You Are A Mighty God. You Have Given Us So Much Through Your Beloved Son Jesus. I Praise You Almighty God . I Love You Almighty God. I Glorify You And Only You Almighty Father. The Needs Are Many Father As You Know. I Ask You Enter Each Need Here Father With Your Miraculous Holy Spirit As Only You Can Do. We Stand In Agreement And Know To Expect A Miracle Father As Jesus Taught Us In Matthew 18-19. Jesus Said,"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." I Praise You Father Forever And Ever. In Jesus Holy Name I Pray.
Amen
icon11.gif

Upvote 0

buttercup2000

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem
Nov 25, 2007
New York City
✟39,326.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Had a similar situation this summer. Sent an email just to say hello in July and suggest we get together. No answer until a Christmas card last week. Realize that the friendship (and we were very close) just isn't working anymore and have to acknowledege it. It's very hard and my heart and prayers go out to you.

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, hear these prayers for Strawberryshortcake2 and please bring her the healing she needs from the loss of this important friendship. Be near her Lord Jesus.

Praying God will bring someone new into your life and that you will be able to heal and move forward. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lbet123

Veteran
Sep 25, 2007
✟17,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life does change and so do friendships. You don't know what is going on in the other persons life (could be many things or even huge crisis) but either way you can still be that persons friend. Always stay open to that but don't limit yourself get out find new friends at work or elsewhere. We tend to associate with people who are in the same place in life so it could be that the two of you are simply in two different places for now.

Reactions: buttercup2000
Upvote 0