Feel like satan is putting up a battle for me and god giving me opportunities?

emsquishi

Oct 28, 2009
Victoria
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have only in the last year began reading my bible again and praying but am yet to return to church. My husband wasn't brought up in any kind of religious home and I think for him it's not a matter of not wanting to know anything about god, it's just that he has never been taught.
I pray all the time for God to help me share his word with my husband and let his heart be open to him and things I tell him. Things were going good for a while, I'd share things when I was reading my bible and he said he would come to church with me when I started going again.
A few weeks ago something was mentioned about god and he said "you know I don't believe in all that stuff" My sister is the same, she is very against god and the church and I don't even think she believes in god at all. She has said a few things about this and with my husband saying some things as well and things have come up now and again that I realise after that it would have been an opportunities for me to say something about god or share something that I know and believe. Sometimes I realise it after, sometimes I do realise at the time but am to scared to say anything.
I feel like god is giving me these opportunities to speak out but at the same time Satan is making it really hard for me! Has anyone experienced anything like this before? I would appreciate pray with this struggle and for my sister and husband and any advice would be great. Thank you.

texastig

The diablo is in the phone booth dialing 911
Feb 24, 2007
✟14,230.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, you are on the dot. satan is opposing you. Keep praying, keep loving your husband and sister and your promise will come down that dusty road. Remember, we wrestle not with flesh and blood. The fact that they are resisting is that the devil knows his day is short in their life. The devil can throw thoughts and feelings into people to not believe in God. But the Word God can divide asunder the body, soul and spirit.
I am experiencing this now but there is a glimmer of hope from God. My wife's son (31) who claims he doesn't believe in God is beginning to bow his head at the dinner table. God is softening him up. It takes many years for people to get saved but God is faithful to our prayers.

Heavenly Father, we thank you that you hear us. We glorify you in the Highest Place. Father, we come together for emsquishi in the Mighty Name of Jesus!!! We pray and ask Father that you would destroy the works of the devil against her husband and sister. We ask that you would send ministering angels (Heb 1:14) to minister to them. Father, as emsquishi prays, give her the words to say to them in your time and in your wisdom. Help her to show your love through her actions.
Father, thank you for emsquishi and for putting her husband and sister on her heart. You will not fail her because all of your promises are YES and AMEN in Christ Jesus!!!
We pray for all of these things in the Mighty Name of Jesus!!!

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My brother who works as a fireman is not a believer and I pray that one day he would turn to Christ and accept him - even if he accepts him in the last minute before he dies of old age or accident at work .:*:. I believe God does not measure by quantity but by quality - the quality of our character is love and if we simply love God back with all our faith even if we cannot see him face-to-face then I am pretty sure he would accept us even in our last dying seconds of our lives where many people have been athiests or false religious worshippers all their lives .:*:. We as Christians cannot judge others and we would be surprised to see those in heaven who we would think do not deserve to be in heaven because of their unbelief or false religion .:*:. I pray that in this time of crisis that the gospel of Jesus would break through all barriers of communication with the power of the holy spirit to our multicultural societies all over the world, where Christianity is the true religion of the real Jesus Christ .:*:. I thank Jesus for guiding me to be healthy in mind and body while I am still young, especially eating a handful of wild berries called blueberries each day to avoid all kinds of cancer, diabetes and heart disease .:*:. Going to church each Sunday to see how healthy Christians are - who are not drug or alcohol addicts - just brings me closer to Christ more than ever before and moving far away from Satan's spiritual deception that would risk my life towards disease and accidental death such as suffering influenza or dying in a car accident .:*:. I thank Jesus for giving us the power to live safely and the authority over Satan to be conquerors and not losers of Christ .:*:. Amene
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

Orahh

Apr 25, 2009
NSW, Australia
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One point I'd like to make is that you really need to get into a good church. Being in church isn't about meeting some sort of expectation, but being around a community of believers who will help you in your daily struggles. And also it would also help just in your own spirit. Please don't be waiting on your husband to say he'll go to church, that could be never for all you know, so your just hindering yourself not going.
Best of luck and I pray that the influence satan has over the people in your life will be broken

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Don't beat yourself up because you didn't say anything during those times. Maybe the time wasn't right for you to say anything and God held your tongue to avoid a conflict.

It doesn't do any good to witness to people if they are just going to rebuke you. We are called to preach the Gospel to everyone in the world, and indeed we should, but family members, especially a spouse, may need to be witnessed to by someone they're not as close to. Ask God to send someone into your lives that can help you both.

1 Corinthians 7:14 (Amplified Bible)

14) For the unbelieving husband is set apart (separated, withdrawn from heathen contamination, and affiliated with the Christian people) by union with his consecrated (set-apart) wife, and the unbelieving wife is set apart and separated through union with her consecrated husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean (unblessed heathen, outside the Christian covenant), but as it is they are prepared for God [pure and clean].

Blessings,

Alan

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think studying the work of Beth Moore will help you. she deal a lot with the attacks of the enemy, who definitely opposes any good thing we try to do. Don't forget, even if you don't say a word, your actions speak volumes. So keep doing what the Lord would have you do. Study His word, pour out your heart to Him, treat those the devil is using to oppose you with love, and keep seeking the right church for you. These things will speak volumes.

Here is a website where you can watch Beth Moore: www.lifetoday.org/beth Just click the link, click on Watch Beth, and dozens of topics will come up. Also, she has a great book called Praying God's Word that will help you.

Praying for you. Blessings,
A

Upvote 0