Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Steve Bannon: Trump ally indicted for ignoring subpoena from House January 6 committee - CNNPolitics

A federal grand jury has returned an indictment against former Donald Trump adviser Steve Bannon for contempt of Congress, the Justice Department announced Friday.

Attorney General Merrick Garland had been under tremendous political pressure to indict Bannon since the House referred the Trump ally to the Justice Department for contempt on October 21.
"Since my first day in office, I have promised Justice Department employees that together we would show the American people by word and deed that the Department adheres to the rule of law, follows the facts and the law, and pursues equal justice under the law," Garland said in a statement Friday. "Today's charges reflect the Department's steadfast commitment to these principles."
Bannon, 67, was charged with one count related to his refusal to appear for a deposition and another related to his refusal to produce documents. Each count carries a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, the Justice Department said.

Thumbs up for the rule of law.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A deterrent is needed for some folks to take personal responsibility for their actions. Rewarding bad behavior certainly doesn't work. Many elites feel they are above the law. Especially after watching trump escape accountability for most of his life. I reckon these sycophants believe they will incur less punishment by refusing to honor subpoenas than they would suffer by honestly testifying to their actions. They certainly understand the system they have rigged.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, think of this as the law that, if you or I were to defy a Congressional subpoena you or I would wind up in jail for 2 years and no one would bat an eye because that is what laws are for, and we are a nation of laws that apply to ALL AMERICANS EQUALLY.

Sounds great, but we've passed through the period when the law was our national standard. Two phony impeachments--and now the third--killed that off. Now all we are doing is watching the winner take the spoils while pretending to be defenders of law and order. It's all about fabricating a storyline on which the party's candidates can run in 2022 and 2024. Whether it deals in truth or in fiction doesn't matter, just its hoped-for effectiveness.

And by the way, all that talk about "laws that apply to ALL AMERICANS EQUALLY" can by forgotten, too.

We had hundreds of riots in 2020 and a billion dollars in damage in Portland and Seattle and Minneapolis and elsewhere, and the people who did it not only "walked" but had their insurrection praised by those who today occupy the White House. Meanwhile, people who were accused of the crime of "trespassing" in the Capitol building on January 6 were thrown into dungeons, tortured, and denied legal counsel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Sounds great, but we've passed through the period when the law was our national standard.

Agreed. In an era when a man can start a phony university to fleece people with his fraud and gets off by paying some money to "settle out of court" rather than having a full trial is a frustration. But in today's America wealth buys justice.

Two phony impeachments

Bill Clinton was only impeached once.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. In an era when a man can start a phony university to fleece people with his fraud and gets off by paying some money to "settle out of court" rather than having a full trial is a frustration. But in today's America wealth buys justice.

Bill Clinton was only impeached once.
Sorry. I had assumed that you had actually followed the news over the course of the past several years. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sounds great, but we've passed through the period when the law was our national standard.

Nope...sounds like it's just you. The rest of us still believe in the law.

Ignore a subpoena, face the consequences. Nobody cares about excuses or finger-pointing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds great, but we've passed through the period when the law was our national standard. Two phony impeachments--and now the third--killed that off. Now all we are doing is watching the winner take the spoils while pretending to be defenders of law and order. It's all about fabricating a storyline on which the party's candidates can run in 2022 and 2024. Whether it deals in truth or in fiction doesn't matter, just its hoped-for effectiveness.

And by the way, all that talk about "laws that apply to ALL AMERICANS EQUALLY" can by forgotten, too.

We had hundreds of riots in 2020 and a billion dollars in damage in Portland and Seattle and Minneapolis and elsewhere, and the people who did it not only "walked" but had their insurrection praised by those who today occupy the White House. Meanwhile, people who were accused of the crime of "trespassing" in the Capitol building on January 6 were thrown into dungeons, tortured, and denied legal counsel.
But we had a free and fair election.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not buying this stuff, especially in regards to other things taking place in the news.

Best of luck to you when you decide to ignore a subpoena...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
But we had a free and fair election.

Which was nearly overturned by a bunch of people who needed an excuse to stop believing in the law.

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not buying this stuff, especially in regards to other things taking place in the news. Like Project Veritas being raided after the story broke regarding Joe Biden's daughter and agents giving the information they discovered to the New York times.

Project Veritas has a track record of unethical practices.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Project Veritas has a track record of unethical practices.

Yes so says the mainstream media that lies and misrepresents all the time especially concerning conservatives, not to mention turns a blind eye to the progressive politicians they favor.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes so says the mainstream media that lies and misrepresents all the time especially concerning conservatives, not to mention turns a blind eye to the progressive politicians they favor.

Which is why Project Veritas is never to be doubted or even questioned

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That's fine with me, and it doesn't have anything to do with my comment.

Well, when you said "follow the news," you couldn't possibly be referring to the mainstream media... where else are loyal and obedient Americans expected to turn to for the Truth?

Upvote 0

Parmallia

Nov 7, 2021
PNW
✟14,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

Project Veritas is not a legitimate source of information. If you prefer it that is your prerogative but I wouldn't put much stock in it.

We live in an era where people's personal biases are matched point-for-point by preferred "information sources" and we are quickly becoming a nation of people unable to effectively vet the source of information. Collectively our critical thinking skills are evaporating in preference for easy confirmation of our biases.

Upvote 0