Federal Court shuts down Trump's Travel Ban.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Since we're a democracy, pure demographics changes are enough.

Once a non-assimilated population gains the majority

A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population

"Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015. This means that Muslims made up about 1% of the total U.S. population (about 322 million people in 2015), and we estimate that that share will double by 2050."

OK, so since that's not an issue what's your real concern?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Assuming the violent extremists really are trying to pass themselves off as refugees... and our most reliable source on that is ISIS.
Our most reliable source is the vetting process. How many of those claiming to be refugees, when vetted, are turned away from entry into both European countries and the US? However, we know from the experiences of European countries that the vetting process does not catch all of them.
Once a non-assimilated population gains the majority, they can dictate the law, and from there control much of the culture.
This is true.
Of course it's even easier in reality, since the current elite are aiding them anyway even before a demographic shift.
The current elite are conservatives, liberals, and those in between.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Usually by jumping through mental hoops that make my brain hurt. If the POTUS doesn't have the right to do this, then it needs to be set in stone for all presidents, not just Republican ones.

"Set in stone" went out with Moses, but in 2015's Kerry v Din, Justice Kennedy argued in his concurring opinion that the government's motives regarding a law were not to be questioned... unless there was "an affirmative showing of bad faith" on the part of the government official.

Trump spent a year on the campaign trail arguing for a complete and total ban on Muslims, specifically asked Giuliani to find a legal(ish) way to write it up, and then tries to turn around and say "oh, no... this is all about national security! No Muslim ban here..."

Sounds like bad faith to me... Personally, Trump would've sounded more convincing (bordering on believable), if he at least had an idea for a vetting plan before pushing for the ban.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I answered it already...the WHY isn't important in my opinion, like I said, its not important what they say.

There must have been a reason....

Protecting our land is something we do regardless of the situation or of what they say.

Great idea -- don't think, just react.

Wars are won by that kind of planning... from the other side.

I'd still do it even if they didn't say they would infiltrate, it's about not giving ground to them. hate to sound like a broken record but there are other nations around the world that can take them in. so, to summarize and make it more clear

Right -- other nations who hear the same ISIS boasts we have.

ISIS doesn't want any nation taking in refugees... the US is simply one of the first to fold.

1. regarding refugees-america is not the only nation in the world that could take in refugees

2. regarding why they would tell us-regardless of what they say, even if they didn't say it, I'd still protect and give no quarter to the enemy. they are our enemies as of right now and we must treat them as such until they give a good enough reason not to. If you give them an inch, they'll take a foot. They aren't going to respect our laws or way of living, they'll only abuse it and take advantage, there is no time for social justice for the ones who don't want it or care about it, that's not what they are after. Ever hear some of these guys? they just want blood.

hope that helped clarify what I was trying to get at.

1. See above.

2. Refugees are the enemy?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Our most reliable source is the vetting process. How many of those claiming to be refugees, when vetted, are turned away from entry into both European countries and the US? However, we know from the experiences of European countries that the vetting process does not catch all of them.

Right -- no process is perfect, nor is it ever going to be.

Why then do so many Trumpers believe the Narrative that there is no vetting process?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right -- no process is perfect, nor is it ever going to be.

Why then do so many Trumpers believe the Narrative that there is no vetting process?
Because Trump told them that the vetting processes, there are more than one on each person, isn't good enough.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"This thing is so getting tossed out if SCOTUS hears it."
Laws do not exist in a vacuum.

Agreed -- they begin in the minds of the people who write them.

Trump's made what's on his mind all too clear... to his own detriment.

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
There must have been a reason....

Great idea -- don't think, just react.

Wars are won by that kind of planning... from the other side.

Right -- other nations who hear the same ISIS boasts we have.

ISIS doesn't want any nation taking in refugees... the US is simply one of the first to fold.

1. See above.

2. Refugees are the enemy?

hmm, not sure you are getting what I'm trying to say. It's fine though, no worries. It's a good topic to discuss anyway. Sorry if I confused you in anyway. :)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
hmm, not sure you are getting what I'm trying to say. It's fine though, no worries. It's a good topic to discuss anyway. Sorry if I confused you in anyway. :)

All you have to do is answer a question -- sorry you couldn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums