Federal Court shuts down Trump's Travel Ban.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Any estimation how much safer you will be, considering the nationality of past terrorists?
...or perhaps some winning lottery numbers from that crystal ball that gives out court rulings in advance?

• Haha
Reactions: Senkaku
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I think that we are to the point where President Trump should just ignore the judicial order, saying that since it is based on personal animosity instead of reasoned judicial review, that it is invalid.

If parsing hypothetical motives based on speculation and personal hunches is good enough for the judicial branch, it's good enough for the executive branch.

He should force it to the SCOTUS.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
it really doesn't matter what they say, it's just common sense. when in war with someone you don't give them ground. honestly, its a double jeopardy, you don't win either way, so in that case, you need to do what is more logical. It's similar to the case king Solomon had to deal with with those two women, you have to do the more wise thing. Wisdom would not allow a greater chance of danger. It's not cowardice or fear to protect, I didn't say don't attack them. you need a sword and a shield to do battle, it's called balance. We advance on them while protecting our backs at the same time. I'm not sure how you aren't understanding this concept. Are you implying we back down without attacking? I don't picture us not advancing. :mmh:

I'm not saying anything about not attacking -- I'm addressing the refugee issue.

So as long as we're dipping our toes into the "common sense" end of the pool, perhaps you can answer the question I asked earlier:

If ISIS really is using refugees to infiltrate, why would they tell us?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It will pass the Supreme Court and then we will be a little safer from the violent extremists that want to enter and destroy our country.

Assuming the violent extremists really are trying to pass themselves off as refugees... and our most reliable source on that is ISIS.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He should force it to the SCOTUS.

So far, every federal court has given the same verdict -- SCOTUS is more likely to hear the case if there's a disagreement.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think that we are to the point where President Trump should just ignore the judicial order, saying that since it is based on personal animosity instead of reasoned judicial review, that it is invalid.

AMEN! Let's set aside all this Russia nonsense and have a genuine impeachable offense!

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
So far, every federal court has given the same verdict -- SCOTUS is more likely to hear the case if there's a disagreement.

Usually by jumping through mental hoops that make my brain hurt. If the POTUS doesn't have the right to do this, then it needs to be set in stone for all presidents, not just Republican ones.

• Winner
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not saying anything about not attacking -- I'm addressing the refugee issue.

So as long as we're dipping our toes into the "common sense" end of the pool, perhaps you can answer the question I asked earlier:

If ISIS really is using refugees to infiltrate, why would they tell us?

I answered it already...the WHY isn't important in my opinion, like I said, its not important what they say. Protecting our land is something we do regardless of the situation or of what they say. I'd still do it even if they didn't say they would infiltrate, it's about not giving ground to them. hate to sound like a broken record but there are other nations around the world that can take them in. so, to summarize and make it more clear

1. regarding refugees-america is not the only nation in the world that could take in refugees

2. regarding why they would tell us-regardless of what they say, even if they didn't say it, I'd still protect and give no quarter to the enemy. they are our enemies as of right now and we must treat them as such until they give a good enough reason not to. If you give them an inch, they'll take a foot. They aren't going to respect our laws or way of living, they'll only abuse it and take advantage, there is no time for social justice for the ones who don't want it or care about it, that's not what they are after. Ever hear some of these guys? they just want blood.

hope that helped clarify what I was trying to get at.

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No quarter to the enemy. That's from two corinthians, isn't it?
oh, umm, I'm not sure. I was using it as the military term. Although, thats cool if Paul used it. I try not to take words literal because of different translations, word studies are always better and then keep the conclusion :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
oh, umm, I'm not sure. I was using it as the military term. Although, thats cool if Paul used it. I try not to take words literal because of different translations, word studies are always better and then keep the conclusion :)
:sigh:

• Haha
Reactions: Icewater
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If you give them an inch, they'll take a foot. They aren't going to respect our laws or way of living, they'll only abuse it and take advantage, there is no time for social justice for the ones who don't want it or care about it, that's not what they are after. Ever hear some of these guys? they just want blood.

I know quite a few Indigenous people that feel this way about invaders that took their land…

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

If parsing hypothetical motives based on speculation and personal hunches is good enough for the judicial branch, it's good enough for the executive branch.

Yes please. I can think of nothing that would get him impeached faster.

Upvote 0

Senkaku

Shatter the Illusion
Aug 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟66,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I know quite a few Indigenous people that feel this way about invaders that took their land…

I know what you mean, my people where invaded by Europe historically. I wish we could change the past but we can't, we can only make a better future. But, like I said, protect your land, it's your responsibility. If I came to your house looking for your daughters or stuff, I'd expect you to kill me and I would deserve it. Would you not protect your ground? that's basically what I'm getting at. If they wanted peace then it would be a different story, but they don't so treat them accordingly. like a trojan horse, you can not take your prize and celebrate egotistically too early, its then that the horse bursts open and storms your defenseless land.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Byron York: On travel ban, judges reach 'Trump only' decision

The majority's decision, as laid out by Gregory, suggests a mind-bending possibility: If the Trump executive order, every single word of it, were issued by another president who had not made such statements on the campaign trail, the court would find it constitutional.

This thing is so getting tossed out if SCOTUS hears it.

This response always baffles me. You realize that by comparing them to the Europeans you're making a strong case to NOT let them in, right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Byron York: On travel ban, judges reach 'Trump only' decision

The majority's decision, as laid out by Gregory, suggests a mind-bending possibility: If the Trump executive order, every single word of it, were issued by another president who had not made such statements on the campaign trail, the court would find it constitutional.

This thing is so getting tossed out if SCOTUS hears it.

This response always baffles me. You realize that by comparing them to the Europeans you're making a strong case to NOT let them in, right?

Yes, I know, ironic isn’t it? And after each group makes it in and becomes assimilated, they all come out full force against the next wave of immigrants that will destroy the greatness of America. Those Irish will destroy our country, those Germans will destroy our country, those Swedes will destroy our country, those Italians will destroy our country, those Jews will destroy our country, those Porta Ricans will destroy our country, those Mexicans will destroy our country, and those Muslims will destroy our country.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I know, ironic isn’t it? And after each group makes it in and becomes assimilated, they all come out full force against the next wave of immigrants that will destroy the greatness of America.

I find it amazing that you say this in the context of considering the displacement of the American Indians. In what sense did US settlers "assimilate" into their culture? They were displaced, pure and simple, and the same could just as easily happen to American culture as it exists now.

I should also note that the American experiment is far from the only example in history of a native population being completely displaced. But I do not know of any examples of a culture being overwhelmed by migrants, only to have those migrants assimilate fully into the native culture.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I find it amazing that you say this in the context of considering the displacement of the American Indians. In what sense did US settlers "assimilate" into their culture? They were displaced, pure and simple, and the same could just as easily happen to American culture as it exists now.

I should also note that the American experiment is far from the only example in history of a native population being completely displaced. But I do not know of any examples of a culture being overwhelmed by migrants, only to have those migrants assimilate fully into the native culture.

How?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Since we're a democracy, pure demographics changes are enough.

Once a non-assimilated population gains the majority, they can dictate the law, and from there control much of the culture. Of course it's even easier in reality, since the current elite are aiding them anyway even before a demographic shift.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since we're a democracy, pure demographics changes are enough.

Once a non-assimilated population gains the majority, they can dictate the law, and from there control much of the culture. Of course it's even easier in reality, since the current elite are aiding them anyway even before a demographic shift.

A couple thoughts.

a) We are a republic
b) Law is not culture
c) How long would it take before they became a majority?

and finally

d) None of this seems realistic

Upvote 0