• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Pantingdeer. There's always someone around worse off than yourself. Jesus said in Mark 10:45 that even the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve. I would advise you to take action to help others, to serve. Join a church ministry for example, help the most vulnerable in the church. See need and meet it.

Two examples. I met a guy with learning difficulties at a church club, a paraplegic in a wheelchair. A Christian. At his funeral the pastor said and I agreed, he was the most cheerful person you would ever meet. He never walked. He never had a job. He had no natural living family. He was the most joy filled person you would ever meet.

And a Christian family I knew stopped their car to minister to an old tramp at the roadside near Loch Tummel. The old guy broke down with gratitude and wept saying they were the first people he had spoken to in 15 years.

It's a needy world, if we the church don't go then who will? In helping others you will help yourself.

God Bless You :)
I wish I could be joy-filled too. I could try to do that but it would be an act rather than from inside my heart.

I don’t think I’m ready to serve as I often don’t feel like I’m right with God myself. I’d feel like a hypocrite and you cannot be a witness for Christ without knowing Him yourself.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could be joy-filled too. I could try to do that but it would be an act rather than from inside my heart.

I don’t think I’m ready to serve as I often don’t feel like I’m right with God myself. I’d feel like a hypocrite and you cannot be a witness for Christ without knowing Him yourself.

Maybe, being small? Matthew 10:42 talks of even giving a cup of cold water to someone in need being an act of great significance. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry I meant to say 'begin small' :)
Thank you, that makes more sense. Do you think acts are worth doing if they are not from the heart? I’m kind of emotionless(I wondered if I had ASPD or something) in the sense that I don’t really care about anything :(

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, that makes more sense. Do you think acts are worth doing if they are not from the heart? I’m kind of emotionless(I wondered if I had ASPD or something) in the sense that I don’t really care about anything :(

In a sense yes I think they are still worth doing.

"Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.” Proverbs 11:25

Sometimes the emotion/blessing comes as we serve others and because of it. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I liked maths at school. But most of the jobs to do with maths seem to be working at banks or big companies that just think about money all day. I don’t want to think about money all day, I just wish I found something I enjoyed.

Look at engineering, or accountancy. The world runs on money so unless you are very, very good at maths and can study advanced physics you will have to get use to it.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some good advise has been given here, which often says: 'Don't quit, and trust God for your pathway. Read what God wants to say to you in John 3; John 14; etc. He also says to those who trust Him: "I am with you always" and "I will never leave you nor forsake you". Trust the Lord Jesus, Pantingdear, and you will have an eternal Friend in Him --and go to see Him one day in Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums