Fear of Heven, Is it a sin and does god forgive me?

EnterLight

Jan 20, 2022
Canton, MI
✟12,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe this is a lack of faith but id appreciate other views. It's more an extremely overwhelming feeling. Not being able to imagine and it's never that I think it doesn't exist. it makes me wonder if it's a sin and a lack trust but i'm not sure. It also worth noting that I deal with treatment resistant, depression, anxiety an cptsd sometimes the comment of lack of faith hurt my feelings because i continuous put effort into my prayer life, doctors, medications and I just can't find peace on the day to day to be able to function.

I've thought that I may be called to a life of monastary because i've lived a life relative to contemplating and prayer. and I don't really enjoy many things except loving god, prayer and hoping that along the struggle displaying the unconditional love he has for me to others. i'm disabled and need help with day to life.

I'm sorry if I got so off topic here but I think the fear might revolve around not understanding being at a place of no suffering. I've lived a lot of my life questioning why i have specific issues i do and sometime I even feel angry with him! i pray and pray but i am still sick. is an act of devotion in loving god inspiring to other christians who just have been given a tough pair. i've begged, i've cried, i've pleaded.

Last edited:

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yah I like obeying God. It has proved a blessing. But when I’m working in the soup kitchen I’m glad when I overcome myself, my flesh and say something particularly ministerial. When I don’t feel rejected and am a little like Jesus I think hey I’m growing. It doesn’t happen very often but I keep trying.

let it go pray for someone else and try to encourage them. you need it too, right.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I am sorry for your suffering. Suffering is one of those things that is meant to test us, I believe, and the evidence for this is in the story of Job who had no idea what was going on in heaven during the time. I do not have answers to the problem of evil (PoE). It is a tough nut to crack from a philosophical PoV. Of course, you are not the only one who has struggled with suffering. Paul, the great Apostle says this:

2 Corinthians 12:8–9 ESV
“Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

And many many other Christians suffer with unimaginable things. But there is a great hope for us! The Lord will appear in the clouds, and the universe transformed, and we will attain glorified bodies that are perfect where there will be no pain, no suffering, no tears. If you can rest in that reality, perhaps you can "hang on" until that blessed Day.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't believe this is a lack of faith but id appreciate other views. It's more an extremely overwhelming feeling. Not being able to imagine and it's never that I think it doesn't exist. it makes me wonder if it's a sin and a lack trust but i'm not sure. It also worth noting that I deal with treatment resistant, depression, anxiety an cptsd sometimes the comment of lack of faith hurt my feelings because i continuous put effort into my prayer life, doctors, medications and I just can't find peace on the day to day to be able to function.

I've thought that I may be called to a life of monastary because i've lived a life relative to contemplating and prayer. and I don't really enjoy many things except loving god, prayer and hoping that along the struggle displaying the unconditional love he has for me to others. i'm disabled and need help with day to life.

I'm sorry if I got so off topic here but I think the fear might revolve around not understanding being at a place of no suffering. I've lived a lot of my life questioning why i have specific issues i do and sometime I even feel angry with him! i pray and pray but i am still sick. is an act of devotion in loving god inspiring to other christians who just have been given a tough pair. i've begged, i've cried, i've pleaded.

One of my sisters, closest to my age of all my siblings, as Biblically knowledgeable as I am, brought up the same way I am, is very un-social, doesn't like being around people, and doesn't feel like she will like heaven, it being a large city full of people and activity. I think her problem is much like yours —it is not at all the same, no doubt, but much like it, in that they point of view is your own, assumptive, assessing your concepts as valid.

That point of view is not God's, or to be more specific, the truth is that none of this is about you, but about God. When we are there, it is about God. We will not be thinking in terms of what we think now.

So what I think you should do is continue to pursue Christ with all your heart, and not to lean on your own understanding. When this life becomes, to your thinking and habit, all about Christ, then Heaven will seem different to you than what you imagine now. This is not even about "pursuing your relationship with him" so much as it is about pursuing Christ himself.

Reactions: EnterLight
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

spend time reading descriptions of heaven.

Here is a free online Christian book on Heaven that you might enjoy.

Heaven —

• Friendly
Reactions: EnterLight
Upvote 0