Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
WASHINGTON -- An influential federal advisory panel has overwhelmingly rejected a plan to give Pfizer booster shots against COVID-19 to most Americans, but it endorsed the extra shots for those who are 65 or older or run a high risk of severe disease.

Booster shots: FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer jabs in blow to Biden's plan

I'm glad on this, because of the politizing the issue, especially as far as my unvaccinated friends are concerned.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...dens-booster-shot-plan-for-general-population

U.S. FDA advisers recommend COVID-19 boosters for older adults after rejecting broad approval

Last edited:

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
WASHINGTON -- An influential federal advisory panel has overwhelmingly rejected a plan to give Pfizer booster shots against COVID-19 to most Americans, but it endorsed the extra shots for those who are 65 or older or run a high risk of severe disease.

Booster shots: FDA advisory panel rejects widespread Pfizer jabs in blow to Biden's plan

I'm glad on this, because of the politizing the issue, especially as far as my unvaccinated friends are concerned.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...dens-booster-shot-plan-for-general-population

U.S. FDA advisers recommend COVID-19 boosters for older adults after rejecting broad approval
What does it matter to your unvaccinated friends whether vaccinateds get a booster or not ?

P.S. It's not Biden's plan. Biden's plan was to follow the appointed medical guidance ...

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Biden's booster rollout plan is set for Sept 20, I doubt it will happen there are other health agencies haven't signed on either.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
^^^ This is the FDA source meeting and vote.^^^

Go to 4:21.00 and reconcile. People think this is a joke on these hobby boards not understanding money interests told you to get shot. Being sheep in trust... We complied . While in the mean time said money interests got out of liability to the 2 lives expended to save one.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi PM,

Fortunately for us, the new CIC (commander in chief) tends to listen to the experts. If the CDC and FDA disapprove of his plan, he's not going to push them on it. We may yet find out that booster shots are a benefit for us, but from what I've read, the testing hasn't really been completed regarding this issue. So far, the FDA is only pushing booster shots for the 'at risk' population. In another 6 months, if this pandemic continues at the pace it's going now, we may have a change in that policy. We'll see.

God bless,
Ted

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The CDC is saying that as further studies are done, it’s likely that the age will be lowered. The final approval was for people after 6 months rather than 8. Because it includes people in high risk occupations as well as over 65, and those are probably the only ones that would have gotten it 8 months ago anyway, the number immediately eligible may at least what it would have been had it been approved for everyone after 8 months.

One interesting nuance. There were two votes. The first was whether Pfizer’s application had enough evidence to support giving a booster to everyone. It clearly did not. The second was whether all of the available evidence supported giving it to those over 65. They agreed unanimously that it did. They were never asked whether the totality of evidence supported giving it to everyone. It would have been an interesting vote. Sooner or later they will surely have to deal with that question.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The CDC is saying that as further studies are done, it’s likely that the age will be lowered. The final approval was for people after 6 months rather than 8. Because it includes people in high risk occupations as well as over 65, and those are probably the only ones that would have gotten it 8 months ago anyway, the number immediately eligible may at least what it would have been had it been approved for everyone after 8 months.

One interesting nuance. There were two votes. The first was whether Pfizer’s application had enough evidence to support giving a booster to everyone. It clearly did not. The second was whether all of the available evidence supported giving it to those over 65. They agreed unanimously that it did. They were never asked whether the totality of evidence supported giving it to everyone. It would have been an interesting vote. Sooner or later they will surely have to deal with that question.
Boosters are already being given to those that qualify (65+) in my locality ...

Upvote 0