Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just weeks after the FBI raided the home of the former president (and probable future presidential candidate opponent to joe biden), the FBI has apparently already started leaking data about what they found--and it has nothing to do with "Nuclear documents". It's supposed information on the French president's love life.

If that's the best thing they've got on Trump after this raid, they've messed up worse than ever this time.
Rolling Stone report: Trump boasted he had intel on Macron’s sex life

The issue has surged back into the spotlight in the wake of the FBI raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, during which authorities seized sensitive documents, including one titled “info re: President of France.”

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just weeks after the FBI raided the home of the former president (and probable future presidential candidate opponent to joe biden), the FBI has apparently already started leaking data about what they found--and it has nothing to do with "Nuclear documents". It's supposed information on the French president's love life.

If that's the best thing they've got on Trump after this raid, they've messed up worse than ever this time.
Rolling Stone report: Trump boasted he had intel on Macron’s sex life

The issue has surged back into the spotlight in the wake of the FBI raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, during which authorities seized sensitive documents, including one titled “info re: President of France.”
What a surprise. Another nothingburger in a series of nothingburgers.

• Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Not to mention another blunder by the FBI who can't keep "CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS" from being leaked. They were so worried that Trump was mishandling classified information and that it could fall into the hands of our enemies, and yet it didn't happen for the year and a half that he had them. But just a few weeks after the great FBI gets them, they're leaked to Rolling stone.
But we dare not speak ill of the FBI....

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to know where the evidence is that the FBI "leaked" this? The Rolling Stone article states, "Specifically, Trump has bragged to some of his closest associates — both during and after his time in the White House — that he knew illicit details about the love life of French President Emmanuel Macron, two people with knowledge of the matter tell Rolling Stone." That doesn't really point to the FBI.

Instead, it sounds like it was likely someone working for Trump who talked to Rolling Stone, talking about how Trump bragged about it; with maybe the second source being someone in the French government. What is more, they don't claim to know what the document says, merely a title of the document.

Again, pointing to it being someone (or some people) that worked for Trump, that article states, "In his musing on Macron’s alleged indiscretions, Trump was light on details and specifics, according to the sources. And as a notorious gossip peddler for decades, it’s difficult to know if any of what he says is grounded in reality. “It is often,” one of the sources says, “hard to tell if he’s ********** [making it up] or not.”" (emphasis mine)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'd like to know where the evidence is that the FBI "leaked" this? The Rolling Stone article states, "Specifically, Trump has bragged to some of his closest associates — both during and after his time in the White House — that he knew illicit details about the love life of French President Emmanuel Macron, two people with knowledge of the matter tell Rolling Stone." That doesn't really point to the FBI.

Instead, it sounds like it was likely someone working for Trump who talked to Rolling Stone, talking about how Trump bragged about it; with maybe the second source being someone in the French government. What is more, they don't claim to know what the document says, merely a title of the document.

Again, pointing to it being someone (or some people) that worked for Trump, that article states, "In his musing on Macron’s alleged indiscretions, Trump was light on details and specifics, according to the sources. And as a notorious gossip peddler for decades, it’s difficult to know if any of what he says is grounded in reality. “It is often,” one of the sources says, “hard to tell if he’s ********** [making it up] or not.”" (emphasis mine)

Just read the subtitle of the headline in the link:
"Officials in Paris and Washington are scrambling for answers after one of the items on the FBI’s list of documents seized from Trump’s estate was titled ‘info re: President of France,’ Rolling Stone reports."

From this, we can either conclude that the FBI leaked this information to Rolling Stone, or Rolling Stone is part of the FBI, and is assisting in the investigation. I'll let you decide which is more likely.

And people wonder why Trump wants a special Master to review the documents the FBI confiscated. They clearly cannot be trusted to handle things on their own. Information wasn't leaked when the documents were with Trump, but it is when it's with the FBI. So maybe now is the time to worry about classified information ending up in the wrong hands....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Officials in Paris and Washington are scrambling for answers after one of the items on the FBI’s list of documents seized from Trump’s estate was titled ‘info re: President of France,’ Rolling Stone reports."

From this, we can either conclude that the FBI leaked this information to Rolling Stone, or Rolling Stone is part of the FBI, and is assisting in the investigation. I'll let you decide which is more likely.

Or, they could have looked at the FBI's property receipt. Which was unsealed by the court on the 13th of August. And is publicly available to any Tom, Richard or Harry with web connection and 15 seconds of spare time.

You know, the one that shows that "leaked" information on the first page:

Read the full warrant documents from FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home

Check page 6 of 7 in that NPR article.

It's like you've got blinkers on and never even perform even the most basic fact checking if something meets your agenda. From this we can conclude.... (you know what, it's not even worth the bother completing the rest of that joke).

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Or, you know, maybe the read it the same place I did -- the public docket for this case:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/r...d.617854/gov.uscourts.flsd.617854.17.0_31.pdf

On page 6, right near the top, of this *RECEIPT* for property seized in the search, written in black ink, (signed on page 7 by his attorney)

We have seized item #1: "Executive Grant of clemency Re: Roger Jason Stone, Jr." and the sub-item #1A: "Info re: President of France."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not to mention another blunder by the FBI who can't keep "CLASSIFIED DOCUMENTS" from being leaked. They were so worried that Trump was mishandling classified information and that it could fall into the hands of our enemies, and yet it didn't happen for the year and a half that he had them. But just a few weeks after the great FBI gets them, they're leaked to Rolling stone.
But we dare not speak ill of the FBI....

Surely they will pursue the leaker with the same zeal.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They leaked the nuclear story, and I did not see "nuclear" in the affidavit. The people in the Justice Department who have lied to the American people need not only to be impeached, but to be prosecuted and jailed.

• Agree
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

From this, we can either conclude that the FBI leaked this information to Rolling Stone, or Rolling Stone is part of the FBI, and is assisting in the investigation. I'll let you decide which is more likely.[/quote]

It is interesting that Politico claimed that -- it would help your claim, though, if Rolling Stone had said anything close to that in their article. That Politico included it when Rolling Stone, whose story Politico is detailing, didn't would indicate some type of agenda on the part of Politico (kind of like your OP).

And people wonder why Trump wants a special Master to review the documents the FBI confiscated. They clearly cannot be trusted to handle things on their own. Information wasn't leaked when the documents were with Trump, but it is when it's with the FBI. So maybe now is the time to worry about classified information ending up in the wrong hands....

And, as others have pointed out, it was unsealed by the judge -- not "leaked" by the FBI. Care to try this again, maybe without the agenda this time? Maybe you want to criticize the judge for "leaking" the affidavit and the list of items seized, despite Trump stating it should be (but not doing it himself)?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like that folks are dickering over whether or not the info was leaked. When what matters is that the top secret nuclear threat to national security documents, are in reality essentially tabloid material about the president of France.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, there are any number of threads here which would benefit from some fact checking of the thread title and OP.
I like how you went right back to the least important part of the story. It's like let's avoid talking about document-gate being another dud.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I like how you went right back to the least important part of the story.
Not important? I think the attempts to use falsehoods to distract from the seriousness of Donald's actions are quite important. If more people saw through these attempts, they'd be better informed and able to dismiss the narrative right wing sources are attempting to push in this and similar situations.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not important? I think the attempts to use falsehoods to distract from the seriousness of Donald's actions are quite important. If more people saw through these attempts, they'd be better informed and able to dismiss the narrative right wing sources are attempting to push in this and similar situations.
Yes, yes, let's deflect away from the "nuclear documents" being nothing of the sort and the Mar a Lago raid being a dud.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,051.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yes, let's deflect away from the "nuclear documents" being nothing of the sort and the Mar a Lago raid being a dud.

I mentioned this in another thread. 'This' being the new schoolyard version of excuses. 'I only broke the one window! I didn't burn down the school!'

What we are going to see quite frequently from now on is the Nuclear Option. That is, when it becomes undeniable that Trump had classified documents that it was illegal for him to have, then people are going to push the fact that it could have been as bad as having info on nuclear armaments. 'But hey, it was nowhere as dangerous as that so...give the poor guy a break. It's not like he was selling info to the Russians!'

Maybe some guy who's been caught cheating by his wife could try that: 'Hey, it was just two of the girls in the office. It's not like I slept with all the women I work with'.

Sound like a good excuse to you? It sounds pathetic to me.

Upvote 0