WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone seen "Father Noah's Ark"? It was a 1933 animated "Silly Symphony" short subject -- sort of cheesy (understandable seeing it was a cartoon of the '30s), but in a way, I found it impressive that it focused on a Bible character. I don't know of many cartoons of that age that has ever done that.

If anything, it's good to watch for the sheer novelty of it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrZoom

Catholic on Wheels
Jun 3, 2004
West Virginia
✟8,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just realized the thread title was "Favorite Walt Disney Films" and not "Favorite Disney Films", the the films I mentioned (and most mentioned in this thread by others) don't count. :(

Um....what? The full name of the studio is Walt Disney Pictures. Therefore, as far as I am concerned, any film released under that banner 'counts'.

My picks:

Traditional animation - The Lion King
Computer animation - any of the Pixar films, but especially The Incredibles (one of the best superhero movies ever made, in any format) and Finding Nemo.
Live action - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (the first of that series, and still the best)
Honorable mention to the live-action "Zorro" TV series, which I bought on DVD (both seasons) in December of '09 .... still working my way through it, but it's great stuff.

Upvote 0

Zoooma

Hating Living :(
Mar 15, 2010
Hudson River Valley, NY
✟19,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone seen "Father Noah's Ark"? It was a 1933 animated "Silly Symphony" short subject -- sort of cheesy (understandable seeing it was a cartoon of the '30s), but in a way, I found it impressive that it focused on a Bible character. I don't know of many cartoons of that age that has ever done that.
I hate to do this but.... is an animated short subject really a movie? It's a cartoon like so many Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny cartoons. If you watch "Father Noah's Ark" and "Raiders of The Lost Ark" back-to-back, would you say you just watched two movies?

Sorry. I didn't want to argue, all I really wanted to say was......

Thank you so much for mentioning this!

I LOVE cartoons from the 30's and 40's, I could watch Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies all day long (Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Porky, etc.) But Disney I don't watch. Not that I'm against Disney, just that there are enough LT & MM shorts to keep me happy for life. They're so good!

Fortunately "Father Noah's Ark" is on Youtube and I liked it! Cheesy? Not at all, not to me. They added in some good laughs.

Whoever's reading this -- Definitely check it out!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I found this movie on YouTube :thumbsup: If you want a copy of your own then try eBay.

*I know about the stuff on YouTube...I am a collector and I would like
my own DVD.
(I don't buy unless it has a security seal and unopened.
Too many people selling ripped off versions of the movie or bad copies...I have enough of those already.)

I have seen the original Song of the South before it got banned in the USA.

Upvote 0