Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I liked the Passion of the Christ

A future I'd like to see movie is the new one about Paul. I'm waiting for it to be on video to see it, as it didn't play in the theater in my town. I rather hope I'm not disappointed in the movie, he's the one apostle I can really relate to..

I did see that one. I greatly enjoyed it. When you get the opportunity to watch I recommend it!

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Il vangelo secondo Matteo (The Gospel According to Matthew) by Pier Paolo Pasolini
Postia pappi Jaakobille (Letters to Father Jacob) by Klaus Härö
Tulitikkutehtaan tyttö (The Match Factory Girl) by Aki Kaurismäki
Det sjunde inseglet (The Seventh Seal) by Ingmar Bergman

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mine would be:

1) The Ten Commandments - My parents used to bring me to the cinema to watch it every year during Good Friday. But they don't show it anymore. As a child, I had always looked forward for the day every year. It had been become like a tradition for my family back then. :)

2) The Passion of the Christ - Thank God for Mel Gibson who created this movie that focused on our Lord Jesus Christ and His resurrection. I have been watching it repeatedly. Every time I watched it, I always have new revelation of God, and knowing that He died for me and loves me, makes me love Him even more.

I hope there will be more believer-director who will make films like this. :)

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
As the title says. What are your favourite Christian themed movies? They can be anything based around Biblical/Christian history or even just movies with obvious Christian themes. Two personal favourites of mine that immediately come to mind are The Prince of Egypt and The Island. The former is a fantastic animated film(not Disney) about Moses while the latter is a Russian film about a monk who is what we in the Eastern church refer to as a "Fool For Christ". I highly recommend both.

Kingdom of Heaven can have an honourable mention too since it deals with the Crusades, thus has some Christian themes.

Babette's Feast is probably my favorite. It won an Oscar years ago. I watched it on Maundy Thursday last week, I had not seen it in a few years:

Babette's Feast - Wikipedia

I also like Scorsese's Silence.

God's not dead

Only the third film had anything redeeming in terms of realism or nuance.

The Apostle- 1997

I feel conflicted on this one. On the one hand, I appreciate its lack of moralism, but on the other hand, I feel like the religion being portrayed isn't a particularly flattering one. It seems too driven by personalities- Jesus/God is just in the background, what this is really about is human charisma. This is a film that even an atheist could watch and understand, for instance, and it won't exactly change their mind or open their eyes about anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0