Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
As the title says. What are your favourite Christian themed movies? They can be anything based around Biblical/Christian history or even just movies with obvious Christian themes. Two personal favourites of mine that immediately come to mind are The Prince of Egypt and The Island. The former is a fantastic animated film(not Disney) about Moses while the latter is a Russian film about a monk who is what we in the Eastern church refer to as a "Fool For Christ". I highly recommend both.

Kingdom of Heaven can have an honourable mention too since it deals with the Crusades, thus has some Christian themes.

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As the title says. What are your favourite Christian themed movies? They can be anything based around Biblical/Christian history or even just movies with obvious Christian themes. Two personal favourites of mine that immediately come to mind are The Prince of Egypt and The Island. The former is a fantastic animated film(not Disney) about Moses while the latter is a Russian film about a monk who is what we in the Eastern church refer to as a "Fool For Christ". I highly recommend both.

Kingdom of Heaven can have an honourable mention too since it deals with the Crusades, thus has some Christian themes.

"It's a Wonderful Life" ~ 1946

"Ben-Hur" ~ 1959

"The Ten Commandments" ~ 1956

"Silence" ~ 2016

"Doubt" ~ 2008

I just watched "Silence" with my mom, that movie is beyond amazing to me. "Ben-Hur" is probably my favorite on the list, tied with "The Ten Commandments" if any.

Upvote 0

Loren T.

Jun 26, 2018
Hadley
✟24,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To me, gladiator is a more Christian movie than kingdom of heaven which portrays Christians awfully. The hero in gladiator is a man with morals and principles, and he is willing to sacrifice for his country to be reborn. Another dark but good one is " Solomon Kane". The passion of the Christ, of course is amazing, and I like the shack in spite of a few faults.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
To me, gladiator is a more Christian movie than kingdom of heaven which portrays Christians awfully. The hero in gladiator is a man with morals and principles, and he is willing to sacrifice for his country to be reborn. Another dark but good one is " Solomon Kane". The passion of the Christ, of course is amazing, and I like the shack in spite of a few faults.

Tbh, that one did not even occur to me since it's set in Pagan Rome.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I like the tv movie with Richard Harris as John, titled The Apocalypse. It's available on youtube these days listed date 2002. I'm sure it's a Hollywood account but he is on Patmos and given visions of Revelation etc. Pretty good for free.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recent movies I've watched and liked are "Case for Christ", "A Matter of Faith", and "God's Club". All are on Netflix, that's where I tend to watch Christian movies. Oh also the last one I watched was "The Letters", probably my favorite and it's about Mother Teresa/St. Teresa of Calcutta.

Honestly the movies about real people like the saints seem to be my preference, when I was watching EWTN they had great Saturday night movies about saints. Some of the saints were St. Teresa of Benedicta of the Cross, St. Bridget of Sweden, and Dun Scotus; one quote basically from the last I liked was about how studying was important but to pray more. Another movie they showed that's I liked was Saint Peter, I felt the actor who was Peter did a great job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It is more spiritual...with hidden meanings.....The movies with obvious christian names are more religious...and are for the newbies.

Don’t forget about the three drops of blood.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don’t forget about the three drops of blood.
The eating of an apple caused her to Fall......into a deep sleep...needed a specific method to be saved. I wonder if this is why people always say the fruit in the garden was an Apple..

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I liked Hacksaw Ridge.

I read Unbroken, am not sure if the movie was as good. The book described the man's conversion to Christianity.

The Sound of Music was about a German family fleeing Nazi Germany because they were Christian and did not like what Hitler was doing. Eventually they made it to Vermont and operated a hotel there.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
I liked Hacksaw Ridge.

I read Unbroken, am not sure if the movie was as good. The book described the man's conversion to Christianity.

The Sound of Music was about a German family fleeing Nazi Germany because they were Christian and did not like what Hitler was doing. Eventually they made it to Vermont and operated a hotel there.

Oh yes, Hacksaw Ridge is utterly fantastic. Despite all the controversy surrounding him Mel Gibson definitely knows how to direct.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I liked the Passion of the Christ

A future I'd like to see movie is the new one about Paul. I'm waiting for it to be on video to see it, as it didn't play in the theater in my town. I rather hope I'm not disappointed in the movie, he's the one apostle I can really relate to..

Upvote 0