Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for sure. It was perfect for casual gamers like myself, had seemingly endless things to do, looked pretty good for it's time, you could interact with all sorts of objects and storage containers / chests, the story was exciting, exploring was a thrill, and it had a lot of replay value (as dungeons and forts would eventually be restocked with baddies needing a thorough woopin'). Plus, Patrick Stewart. I also liked how everyone had their own unique personality and schedule.

GTA Vice City would be a close second, however. It's funny how the series formula is similar to the Elder Scrolls games. You can either progress the main story line, or wreck havok around you instead while getting chased by law enforcement.

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shadow of the Colossus, hands down. It is one of the most beautiful games ever, and there is enough mystery and hidden content to keep you coming back for more.

Two close seconds would be the Kingdom Hearts series, especially Kingdom Hearts 2, and a little-known series called Graffiti Kingdom, where you would draw your own heroes and monsters any way you please, then go into a whimsical world and fight cute enemies in order to level up and gain new moves and super powers. Once you unlock all the parts, you can draw anything for a character, from a car to a spider to a bird to something that looks like your preschool self made it. Wonderfully charming and adorable game.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2019
Rapid City
✟1,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Morrowind (PC)

Close Seconds: Planescape Torment (PC), Ultima VII (PC)

With that said, I tend to prefer playing games on console nowadays rather than PC.

Probably the same for me Morrowind was amazing

Close Seconds: Dead Space (PC), Ocarina of Time (N64)

I prefer gaming on the PC rather than Consoles.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not sure what my favorite game of all time is... but I probably play sims the most and have spent the most money and time on it... I started playing with sims 1. When I played sims 2 for the first time I was obsessed. ^_^ I have most of the expansions for sims 2-4.
I think their sweet spot was Sims 3. The expansions added elements but the base game was fun. The butler in Nightlife is nuts! There’s a version who gets drunk and collapses and another who won’t stop cooking. He buys the meals from the fridge. He’s hilarious.
I had a butler once in the sims 3. He killed half the family by starting cooking then passing out. There were multiple fires.
Butlers and elevators don't mix somehow... it was tragic.
Ah, yes, a classic!

That reminds me of another favorite:

Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES.
I loved that game! ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a butler once in the sims 3. He killed half the family by starting cooking then passing out. There were multiple fires.
Butlers and elevators don't mix somehow... it was tragic.

I loved that game! ^_^

The first time I played was on the Xbox console. I put mom to work making gnomes to build my money. I put a whiffer puffer beside her. She hammered away all day.

But the butler is dangerous. I’ve seen the one who causes fires. My daughter had him. She was screaming at the screen. I think there are several dysfunctional variations. And there are maids who abandon the job.

I had the drunken butler. He kept mixing drinks while playing shuffleboard. He did it for hours and passed out on the floor. I got rid of him! :D

~Bella

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The first time I played was on the Xbox console. I put mom to work making gnomes to build my money. I put a whiffer puffer beside her. She hammered away all day.

But the butler is dangerous. I’ve seen the one who causes fires. My daughter had him. She was screaming at the screen. I think there are several dysfunctional variations. And there are maids who abandon the job.

I had the drunken butler. He kept mixing drinks while playing shuffleboard. He did it for hours and passed out on the floor. I got rid of him! :D

~Bella
That was my first and last time trying the butler... and elevators. ^_^ It probably didn’t help that it was a full household of sims so it would take all day for the elevator to work, and by then the fire had killed some sims. (Even though the butler was the cause of the fire - he got away unharmed and not fired because no one was alive to fire him...)
I was annoyed because he would not go to sleep in his bed and the household didn’t need any more food cooked. I thought it was a bug and not a game feature.

When sims 3 first came out, before it was patched, the babysitter would walk away with the sim babies and never bring them back. That was a bit disturbing too.
Hard to get trustworthy workers in the sims.

• Haha
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟951,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Even though the butler was the cause of the fire - he got away unharmed and not fired because no one was alive to fire him...

:ahah:

That’s hilarious! I thought it was a bug as well. But comments on the Sims forum echoed my experience. And every time my daughter hired him a calamity followed. It was probably someone’s twisted humor coded in.

I’ve had two deaths. Dudley cooked and started a fire which killed my Sim. And the other repaired a television and was electrocuted.

I think Sims 2 was best for skill acquisition for children. But I enjoyed 3 the most and have all the expansion packs. Have you tried 4?

~Bella

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
:ahah:

That’s hilarious! I thought it was a bug as well. But comments on the Sims forum echoed my experience. And every time my daughter hired him a calamity followed. It was probably someone’s twisted humor coded in.

I’ve had two deaths. Dudley cooked and started a fire which killed my Sim. And the other repaired a television and was electrocuted.

I think Sims 2 was best for skill acquisition for children. But I enjoyed 3 the most and have all the expansion packs. Have you tried 4?

~Bella
I have all the expansion packs for sims 3 as well. I do have sims 4. It took me a while to like it after sims 3. And sadly there still aren't any cars.
There are a few things that are better in sims 4 - probably mainly the building tools. But it is missing a lot of the good features from 2 and 3. Maybe 5 will be better.... but I won’t hold my breath.
It also took me time to get used to sims 3 to like it, I wasn't used to (game ruining) bugs before playing sims 3. I lost my sim in Egypt because the game froze while saving - I learned after then to make save backups. But I had spent so much time playing that sim so I was really disappointed with that glitch. I started making second saves before and after I had a sim travel to a different world or move.
What is your favorite sims 3 expansion? And what is your favorite sims 2 expansion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I've had pretty good luck with the butler other than he would cook plate after plate after plate of food, even when the sims were in the middle of cooking their own food or getting one of the very numerous plates of leftover food out of the fridge. I'm thinking maybe I didn't really notice much of what the butler did since I still had the maid come out to clean as long as any children in the household didn't die (and they certainly weren't in any danger of starving to death) while adult sims were at work, I considered it a success!

I *did* have issues with the various nannies *never* giving the bottle or food to the toddlers though. They just seemed to want to put them in and out of the chair, in and out of the crib, etc., so they tended to be nearly starving and cranky with lots of green fumes everywhere by the time one of my sims would get home to do something about it. Hired and fired many nannies!

• Haha
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've had pretty good luck with the butler other than he would cook plate after plate after plate of food, even when the sims were in the middle of cooking their own food or getting one of the very numerous plates of leftover food out of the fridge. I'm thinking maybe I didn't really notice much of what the butler did since I still had the maid come out to clean as long as any children in the household didn't die (and they certainly weren't in any danger of starving to death) while adult sims were at work, I considered it a success!

I *did* have issues with the various nannies *never* giving the bottle or food to the toddlers though. They just seemed to want to put them in and out of the chair, in and out of the crib, etc., so they tended to be nearly starving and cranky with lots of green fumes everywhere by the time one of my sims would get home to do something about it. Hired and fired many nannies!
Yes those nannies were weird. I’m pretty sure I had a few that would just make faces at the smelly babies or toddlers and complain, then go back to watching tv or making themselves a meal.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Yes those nannies were weird. I’m pretty sure I had a few that would just make faces at the smelly babies or toddlers and complain, then go back to watching tv or making themselves a meal.

Right, good luck getting one of those nannies to EVER give the babies/toddlers a BATH (or even just change the diaper)!

• Agree
Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Sims. The first time I played it was on the X-Box console. Night passed and morning arrived and I was still playing! I’ve played various iterations over the years and created the ultimate male, female, and child sims respectively.

Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes and Halo would be close seconds.

I hate that game.. the Sims.. played it on Gamecube back in the day and was an absolute nightmare.. all my Sims kept on whining and peeing on the carpet. I ended up locking most of them in a close space and getting them lit on fire.. lol.

Halo was a good game.. much better at that.. especially on multiplayer.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I hate that game.. the Sims.. played it on Gamecube back in the day and was an absolute nightmare.. all my Sims kept on whining and peeing on the carpet. I ended up locking most of them in a close space and getting them lit on fire.. lol.

Halo was a good game.. much better at that.. especially on multiplayer.

Console sims is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY different than sims on PC, at least before the current gen consoles. Not to mention that on PC, you can easily mod out whatever "features" you don't like and add in all sorts of things you do like!

There are also players who spend their entire game finding artful methods of tormenting and killing off their sims and then posting or blogging about their stories. They end up having the coolest graveyards filled of a variety of ghosts!

Upvote 0