Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Console sims is WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY different than sims on PC, at least before the current gen consoles. Not to mention that on PC, you can easily mod out whatever "features" you don't like and add in all sorts of things you do like!

There are also players who spend their entire game finding artful methods of tormenting and killing off their sims and then posting or blogging about their stories. They end up having the coolest graveyards filled of a variety of ghosts!

Yeah, trying to move the cursor around without a mouse pad is horrible.

I am sure the PS4 experience would be better on that front if they utilize the touch pad. Sort of interested in giving that game a try again. Probably been a good 15 years since I've last played it, lol.

I loved Sim City as a kid, and the lesser known Sim Copter game. Sim Copter was like GTA years before that game came out. Even had it's own radio stations.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, trying to move the cursor around without a mouse pad is horrible.

I am sure the PS4 experience would be better on that front if they utilize the touch pad. Sort of interested in giving that game a try again. Probably been a good 15 years since I've last played it, lol.

I loved Sim City as a kid, and the lesser known Sim Copter game. Sim Copter was like GTA years before that game came out. Even had it's own radio stations.

Sims 4 on PS4 and Xbox One is identical to the vanilla game on the PC, but I don't know how extensively the console versions can be modded. Previous to this gen of consoles though, the console sims and the PC sims versions were very, very different. I think you can hook up a keyboard to these consoles now too, but I haven't tried it since I prefer controllers for practically everything including the impractical. :)

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if I can name just one. But I guess I have to go with original Fallout or Dark Souls, can't really decide. They both have this strange, fascinating depth to them. None of the cynical aspects I perceive in many games today.

Honorable mention goes to Times of Lore, I played it on Commodore 64 back in the day and I was amazed how a game of that caliber could work so well on that hardware. I think it was the first time I was blown away by a videogame being so much better than I thought games could ever be. It really felt like a real adventure to me.

Upvote 0