Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is stripped down compared to Sims 3, but Sims 3 still has features that cannot be found in Sims 4. Sims 3 has the vast open world neighborhood that Sims 4 lacks, and also in Sims 4, the decorating tool is extremely lacking by comparison. In Sims 3, you could make your furniture, clothes, etc. into any imaginable color or pattern you chose. In Sims 4, it goes back to the Sims 2 way of just providing a limited amount of choices that are already pre-determined.

I never bothered to upgrade to Sims 4. I've heard it's a bit easier on computer systems but I'm not into the expansions. The Supernatural can't be beat in Sims 3 (don't like Sims 4 Vampire solution), I love World Exploring and the skills, and I also love the pets expansion in comparison to the cats and dogs of Sims 4. Just don't want to start over. I did recently get the Indulgent Bakery from the sims store and have been having fun with that.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I never bothered to upgrade to Sims 4. I've heard it's a bit easier on computer systems but I'm not into the expansions. The Supernatural can't be beat in Sims 3 (don't like Sims 4 Vampire solution), I love World Exploring and the skills, and I also love the pets expansion in comparison to the cats and dogs of Sims 4. Just don't want to start over. I did recently get the Indulgent Bakery from the sims store and have been having fun with that.

I think I have practically everything for Sims 3 now. I don't know if they are still doing it, but back during the months leading up to Sims 4, you could watch ads on the EA site for sim points, and I watched a whole bunch of them while doing things around the house and was able to "buy" practically everything in the store by the time I was done with no cost to myself other than time in which I was also able to be productive. I do have a few of the Sims 4 expansions when there are sales, but I strongly doubt I'll put as much into it as with Sims 3 (and I have *loads* left to do in that game!). Personally, I wish they would have just continued to expand on Sims 3 rather than starting all over AGAIN with practically all the same things, but less.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I have practically everything for Sims 3 now. I don't know if they are still doing it, but back during the months leading up to Sims 4, you could watch ads on the EA site for sim points, and I watched a whole bunch of them while doing things around the house and was able to "buy" practically everything in the store by the time I was done with no cost to myself other than time in which I was also able to be productive. I do have a few of the Sims 4 expansions when there are sales, but I strongly doubt I'll put as much into it as with Sims 3 (and I have *loads* left to do in that game!). Personally, I wish they would have just continued to expand on Sims 3 rather than starting all over AGAIN with practically all the same things, but less.

I still need to get Seasons and University Life. I haven't caught either on sale at the right time, and 20 a pop with these older expansions is a bit tough. Otherwise I have the seasons and packs I want. I don't have the Island one but I've always heard it's too glitchy. World Adventures is glitchy but it's a top favorite and love it, especially considering the skills items you get to bring home with you.

I was reading on the Sims 3 forums this past weekend that they aren't doing ways to get free points now (videos) other than initial confirmation of reservations.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I still need to get Seasons and University Life. I haven't caught either on sale at the right time, and 20 a pop with these older expansions is a bit tough. Otherwise I have the seasons and packs I want. I don't have the Island one but I've always heard it's too glitchy. World Adventures is glitchy but it's a top favorite and love it, especially considering the skills items you get to bring home with you.

I was reading on the Sims 3 forums this past weekend that they aren't doing ways to get free points now (videos) other than initial confirmation of reservations.

I wasn't sure how long the free sims points would last, but suspected it wouldn't be ongoing, particularly after Sims 4 came out. Islands hasn't really been any more or less glitchy for me than the other expansions, but if you don't have Seasons yet, I'd make that one the priority over the other two. The sim worlds are just so magical with seasons involved! (And there are ways to turn off certain seasons such as winter in worlds that shouldn't have snow, etc. even though it's kind of fun to see the tropical Island world having a snowstorm LOL.) I love World Adventures too! I really hoped they would expand on it more with more numerous and unique "worlds" to explore so that there would be more than three countries for travel.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I'll treat myself to a new expansion pack this weekend ;) You're getting me curious on it. I remember playing University Life and liking it before, but didn't own it myself - and it's not as popular for some reason. I like that it comes with a lot of career props.

I may look into seasons, that one has always been one of the highest rated ones but I never took the plunge. I couldn't imagine playing the base game alone now without these expansions. *shudders* Most of the "family" is supernatural anyway.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An oldie, but a goodie. I could play it today and still enjoy the heck out of it.

View attachment 260976

Ah, yes, a classic!

That reminds me of another favorite:

Donkey Kong Country 2 for the SNES.

33497-Donkey_Kong_Country_2_-_Diddy's_Kong_Quest_(USA)_(En,Fr)-4.jpg

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Maybe I'll treat myself to a new expansion pack this weekend ;) You're getting me curious on it. I remember playing University Life and liking it before, but didn't own it myself - and it's not as popular for some reason. I like that it comes with a lot of career props.

I may look into seasons, that one has always been one of the highest rated ones but I never took the plunge. I couldn't imagine playing the base game alone now without these expansions. *shudders* Most of the "family" is supernatural anyway.

University Life is fun (they are ALL fun!) and I had an adult sim from the Island world who I'd intended to be single with no kids, but then he got abducted a couple of times and is a single father of two sons. Well after he was able to afford household help, he decided to go back to school part time for a degree, so part of the year, he would be home on the Island running his resorts, and the other part of the year, he would be living on campus as a student and slowly remodeling one of the student houses there as a second home. The house is kind of like a little cabin so it's nice to have it snowing outside with a fire inside and has a whole different atmosphere from his island home!

One of the things I was working on last I played that game is that so many of the students turned out to be werewolves, I was redesigning all their werewolf forms to be more compatible to their human forms.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
University Life is fun (they are ALL fun!) and I had an adult sim from the Island world who I'd intended to be single with no kids, but then he got abducted a couple of times and is a single father of two sons. Well after he was able to afford household help, he decided to go back to school part time for a degree, so part of the year, he would be home on the Island running his resorts, and the other part of the year, he would be living on campus as a student and slowly remodeling one of the student houses there as a second home. The house is kind of like a little cabin so it's nice to have it snowing outside with a fire inside and has a whole different atmosphere from his island home!

One of the things I was working on last I played that game is that so many of the students turned out to be werewolves, I was redesigning all their werewolf forms to be more compatible to their human forms.

Ugh, you're not helping my wallet! I am reading Carl's Guide right now and am definitely going to be doing Seasons at the very least when I get home now lol. I had two of my Sims get married Tuesday and one age up yesterday to a teen years. I keep the same family, hate switching, but they're decently large and plenty to do as you know. I haven't had any werewolves, but mine are mainly fairies and witches. I've heard the vampires are a major pain, so I have them around town as neighbors but not household to keep hold of. I need to explore more of it. It's weird to think I've played probably close to 300 hours of this game and still have stuff I haven't experienced.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Ugh, you're not helping my wallet! I am reading Carl's Guide right now and am definitely going to be doing Seasons at the very least when I get home now lol. I had two of my Sims get married Tuesday and one age up yesterday to a teen years. I keep the same family, hate switching, but they're decently large and plenty to do as you know. I haven't had any werewolves, but mine are mainly fairies and witches. I've heard the vampires are a major pain, so I have them around town as neighbors but not household to keep hold of. I need to explore more of it. It's weird to think I've played probably close to 300 hours of this game and still have stuff I haven't experienced.

LOL there is no wallet-safety around sims! :)

I never got far into the game, but I remember making a beautiful fairy woman and had her start a daycare for all the neighborhood children, and I was planning to eventually turn it into some sort of seasonal boarding school, but never got that far! I remember a game where I turned the entire Goth family into witches, but it may have been Sims 2. I've put in a lot of hours into the game too and feel like I've barely scratched the surface!

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never got far into the game, but I remember making a beautiful fairy woman and had her start a daycare for all the neighborhood children, and I was planning to eventually turn it into some sort of seasonal boarding school, but never got that far!

I wouldn't want the whole family to be fairies, but they're one of the most useful. Get the small fairy house and they can increase all their moodlets with parties out of mind and sight and sleep in there without having to give them bedroom space. I like the playful charms and different interactions they get with other sims too. Mine is just an interior decorator, so nothing fairy-related, but I wanted one Sim to mess with the interior design and see if that career stays fun. I know the ghost hunting does, but I was disappointed with the detective investigator in the early stages of that career and didn't get far into it yet.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't want the whole family to be fairies, but they're one of the most useful. Get the small fairy house and they can increase all their moodlets with parties out of mind and sight and sleep in there without having to give them bedroom space. I like the playful charms and different interactions they get with other sims too. Mine is just an interior decorator, so nothing fairy-related, but I wanted one Sim to mess with the interior design and see if that career stays fun. I know the ghost hunting does, but I was disappointed with the detective investigator in the early stages of that career and didn't get far into it yet.

You reminded me....I made an interior decorator sim for the purpose of being able to go into all the houses in the neighborhood (without having to switch families) and redecorate all of the crazy and awful things in them that are default. For example, I remember a house that had a lot of babies but NO baby cribs, so the sims in that household were always just tossing their babies onto the floor, so when the design sim went in to redecorate, I added baby cribs!

I haven't done it yet (or may never get to it) but I remember that one of the sim worlds in Sims 2 was based on a Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare, and half of the neighborhood were fairy families. I thought it would be neat to recreate a neighborhood kind of like that where half or most of them would be fairies and decorate everything in the world all fairy-like.

I have so many sims ideas, but barely ever actually get around to doing them! :D

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Spite and Malice and then slider Mahjong and then there is dungeon and dragons and Vectrex. I don't think I could play D and D as that snake always scared me.(the video not the board game) But I still have them:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I still need to get Seasons and University Life.
I enjoyed Seasons a lot, but in the University expansion, the sims are in a bubble world and it doesn't merge well with the rest of the game. I didn't like it and rarely played it.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I enjoyed Seasons a lot, but in the University expansion, the sims are in a bubble world and it doesn't merge well with the rest of the game. I didn't like it and rarely played it.

Unlike Sims 2 where a sim has to stay in the university until graduation, in Sims 3, a sim only needs to complete one semester at a time, so what I tend to do is treat it like a single sim mini-vacation. Does a parent need a break from family and kids? Well, take a semester and go off to university and have some fun in a whole new place for a while. You can even set up the university campus to have all sorts of interesting places to go and hang out or do whatever just like in the main world, and a sim can even rent a house and personalize it like a second home while there. And then the next time the sim wants to take a semester away from t he main world, he or she can rent the exact same house and it will be exactly as before.

I'm not sure if Sims 4 has a university expansion because I don't have them all and haven't really kept up, so it may be different there if it does have one.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sims 2 on PC, I've played it for 15 years and have a lot of content for it. Skyrim would be my next favourite.

Sims 3 never liked and didn't run well, sims 4 is meh, I play it sometimes. Sims 1 was really good, way back when. :) When I was a teenager playing Space Invaders was my jam, 20 cents a turn on a sit-down arcade machine. There was an 80's expo some years back and hubby went wild on the pinball and me on the space invaders, while our kids were like umm... :|

Last edited:
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

My computer isn't the greatest with it's video card and such, so I already pushed it a bit adding Seasons - which I have been enjoying. I played University before and know what you mean about the own bubble kind of thing, I liked some of the extra career stuff and science decorations, but I think I'll avoid due to already owning most of the packs with computer speed.

Upvote 0