✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
stormgade4 said:
You want to lose ONLY 15 pounds? Before I can even dream of enlisting, I have to lose 60. Guess you don't feel too depressed now.

60's a long road but still very achievable.

Here in Detroit we have a 10K on Thansgiving Day called the Turkey Trot. I'm going to try and run that this year.

If you've got something like that in your area you've got 8 months to train for it, and that would be 7.5 lbs a month to lose to hit that 60.

And if you've got 60 to lose, I wouldn't be suprised of you lost 5 of that just by upping your fiber to 20-25 grams a day. It won't be actual "fat loss" but it will make a differnce in how long/far you can run, and that's huge when you're trying to burn calories. And that's also assuming that running is part of the plan for enlisting. I hear they do alot of running in the military.

*Edit*

There's also the Mashed Potato Mile, but it's not really worthy of 8 months of "training".

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
iklepac13 said:
(so) I haven't lifted weights in about a month and my eating habits have gotten significantly worse. I'm like a fat man trapped in a fat man's body all over again.

I'mma try to get down to 180 by the end of March.

Just posting in case there's any sympathy losers* that want to get on me for some accountability, I'll do the same for you, but you need some goals for me to help you track. Or you guys can just ride and ridicule me if I don't live up to my goal.

* by losers I mean fat losers, not weight losers or "loser" losers.

you're all winners in my book, I just want to be thinners in your book.

That may have been the stoopidest thing I ever typed. In fact, 2,000 blessings if you can bring forth something stoopider that I typed, contest ends March 31.

and Fatty-Bear is what my 4 year old neice calls her 22 pound cat.

I'm trying to tone up too. Going to the gym lots lately. You look cute in your pic though. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ChasingADream said:
I'm trying to tone up too. Going to the gym lots lately. You look cute in your pic though. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Unless he's the tiger standing NEXT to the guy in the baseball hat... in which case I'd start to wonder... we're just *assuming* he's the one on the right. ;)

Upvote 0

Eagle_Wings

Just Your Ordinary Average Everyday Sane Psycho.
Nov 18, 2004
Illinois
Visit site
✟2,076.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Alright...I'm in. I've been off and on a diet since last summer and I really need to get serious since boating/kneeboarding season is almost here! I've lost 10 lbs before and still could have lost more before I gained that all back, so I'll say I'm aiming for 15-20 lbs, although I'm really aiming for a specific look by the end of April.

(btw~ I agree with ChasingADream ;) )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenorvoice

Give me Liberty ...Or a pie in the face
Feb 10, 2004
Way down yonder in the paw paw patch
✟22,387.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well with all this weight loss stuff that is going on I must be taking up some major slackthen.

For when G-d Created the Heaven and the Earth, He also created man and woman. He also created food. WHen He created food he also created fat (which He only made so much of, I might add).

So it seems that whenever someone looses a pound someone else must take up the "slack".

So that now explains why I have gained weight while I have been trying to loose it, by walking and watching what I eat. (thanks :( ) ;)

(stepped on the scales this morning and almost hit 270 :()

Reactions: Macrina
Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tenorvoice said:
Well with all this weight loss stuff that is going on I must be taking up some major slackthen.

For when G-d Created the Heaven and the Earth, He also created man and woman. He also created food. WHen He created food he also created fat (which He only made so much of, I might add).

So it seems that whenever someone looses a pound someone else must take up the "slack".

So that now explains why I have gained weight while I have been trying to loose it, by walking and watching what I eat. (thanks :( ) ;)

Awww... I'll do my best to slow down the weight loss, then... hmm... time to buy some chocolate :D

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Tenorvoice said:

:sigh: I suppose I could gain a pound to let you lose one. ^_^ LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
beetlequeendiva said:
Evie - you should still join, it doesn't matter how long it takes, maybe just set a small goal and work to achieve it :)

Thanks but I am not sure when I am going to be back on this site after the weekend as I am moving to Korea. I think that is going to be hard enough on my diet as I am not sure what foods are available over there but atleast I will be safe for Tim-Tams over there :D

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I had never done crunches on a ball before. I do lots of crunches on the floor, but I'm hurting today. My legs are aching too. I had a massive headache today and didn't do any workout. I did manage to get to the store and bought some evil cookies (for my kids of course). But I had to try the cookies to make sure that they were edible because I am a caring mother.

Upvote 0