Jul 21, 2011
✟90,072.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone know anything about Father Spyridon?

Well, I've never heard of him but, speaking for myself, I love him. I am perhaps more open to "ecumenical" dialogue than he, but I appreciate his perspective. The Orthodox Church claims to be the Church, not just a lung of it or a branch. I appreciate his moral clarity, though it is true that I love almost all our clergy, so I guess I am biased.

He loses me a bit on the threat of Masons, but I know many Christians I respect greatly who take the threat of Masons seriously.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If y
Anyone know anything about Father Spyridon?

If you are speaking of Father Spyridon Bailey his books "Podvig" and "The Ancient Path" are most excellent and his YouTube channel is very challenging...that said I'm not Orthodox just a dog licking up the crumbs from the Master's table..

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟749,899.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have not heard of him either, and I see a lot of priests on FB and peruse a lot of podcasts, etc.

I'm wondering why you ask about him?

His videos started to show up on my YouTube feed so I began watching. He seems sincere and knowledgeable. My experience with Orthodox podcasts and online teachings, and from my own personal experience with a local Greek church, is that often they are surface level. It's all introduction and lacks depth. This fella seems to really have a graph of the basics and is able to take them to a deeper level.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If y

If you are speaking of Father Spyridon Bailey his books "Podvig" and "The Ancient Path" are most excellent and his YouTube channel is very challenging...that said I'm not Orthodox just a dog licking up the crumbs from the Master's table..
Ah, if his last name is Bailey, that does ring a bell at least. I went to the FB link and don't recognize the parish at all. But Fr. Spyridon Bailey I have heard about. Though I couldn't comment in depth. I like the titles of the books - I'm thinking "Podvig" was recommended to me once, but I have not read it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
His videos started to show up on my YouTube feed so I began watching. He seems sincere and knowledgeable. My experience with Orthodox podcasts and online teachings, and from my own personal experience with a local Greek church, is that often they are surface level. It's all introduction and lacks depth. This fella seems to really have a graph of the basics and is able to take them to a deeper level.

Thanks, I will try to have a look. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Believe it, or not... Not every O'dox person, either here, or out in the wild, knows every other O'dox person. Even if they show up among on the neenernet, among the 26525394597152254 videos on youtube ;)
Shhhhhhhhh ...... Don't tell them about the secret O'dox clubhouse!

:p

Reactions: RobNJ
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Apologies for the weird spellings and words. I'm responding from my phone and I suffer from fat thumbs. Lol
I read typo. I make enough of them.

(That and my auto correct is completely insane, changing common words I correctly type to uncommon ones, or even misspelled ones!)

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟749,899.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Shhhhhhhhh ...... Don't tell them about the secret O'dox clubhouse!

:p

Whenever I visit the US inevitably someone asks, "do you know so and so from Toronto? Or maybe it's Manitoba?" Or something along those lines. At least my question was about a youtuber and author. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Whenever I visit the US inevitably someone asks, "do you know so and so from Toronto? Or maybe it's Manitoba?" Or something along those lines. At least my question was about a youtuber and author. lol
Lol, I get that sometimes when people find I have lived in Texas, maybe, or California. Funny how people sometimes think that way. It's very common. :)

I get why you asked the question. And if it IS Fr. Spyridon Bailey, you got at least two of us who had heard of him. :)

Upvote 0